Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 06:02 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,746,205 times

Advertisements

Man, you guys sure love that "going to jail" thing, don't you. If your side had it's way, everyone who disagrees with you would be behind bars.

Where have I seen that before, where a Dictator put people he didn't like on trains, and sent them to camps ? It will come to me, I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 06:09 AM

18,404 posts, read 7,028,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What is your job. Would you be willing to clean homes and offices. Would you work on a farm...how about being a nanny and cooking and cleaning for someone else's household. No American wants these jobs. So who is going to work them. If we got rid of all illegals we would have working shortage in this country

This is such a BS fallacy on so many levels, a tired rehashing of the "jobs Americans won't do" nonsense..

Who do you think did those jobs before we decided to stop any real enforcement of immigration laws?

If the market demands it, there will be Americans willing to do it.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:21 AM

19,964 posts, read 8,868,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
This is such a BS fallacy on so many levels, a tired rehashing of the "jobs Americans won't do" nonsense..

Who do you think did those jobs before we decided to stop any real enforcement of immigration laws?

If the market demands it, there will be Americans willing to do it.
Exactly. I clean the AirBnB rental properties I own and I'm worth well over a million dollars. I could easily pay someone to do it. So many poor people feeling entitled. In reality it's just lazy low lifes making excuses here.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:36 AM

18,404 posts, read 7,028,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Exactly. I clean the AirBnB rental properties I own and I'm worth well over a million dollars. I could easily pay someone to do it. So many poor people feeling entitled. In reality it's just lazy low lifes making excuses here.
Illegals also do a lot more than agricultural and maid service too.

They have all but taken over the construction industry in many parts of the country.

Carpenters
Masons
Painters
Roofers
Steel workers
Road crews

These used to be decent paying jobs for Americans who either didn't want or couldn't afford to go to college.

And Americans who worked these jobs tended to be blue collar conservatives. (And often non union).

No wonder the Left wants illegals here......

Old 01-07-2018, 06:37 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,503,851 times
[quote=NekoLogic;50621519

The nanny, cooking, and cleaning someone else household is a luxury that should cost people who employ such service a premium price. People who employ such people pay them per day or per service, which if you do the math is far less than minimum wage, which is why people like you want illegal immigrants. First, people give them a huge work load and expect a flat rate regardless of how dirty the house is in. My mother and father know people who had work in such positions such as nannies and cleaning other people's houses. If people who hire house cleaners and nannies had to pay Americans, then the cost would be much higher. That is why people like you oppose such change to immigration. You want cheaper labor for these jobs. The average American doens't benefit from this cheap labor. These workers aren't cleaning their house, so why should they give a dam if you lose your maids or nannies.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you don't employ house staff or you'd know they are making more than minimum wage.

I have a born in the USA white woman, semi retired, who I pay $45.00 per hour to clean. It takes her 3 hours.

I'm my neighborhood, no one is getting staff for less that $20.00 per hour
My neighbors are using someone who is charging $25.00 per hour. She takes cash only, is booked full, can't take on more homes. She's on a green card, also is on Obamacare as she doesn't prove her income. They all are fully aware of this.

Know what is really disgusting? They voted for TRUMP! They are part of the problem, greedy jerks. They care about the rules being broken, untill it affects them! Phonies.

Next time you buy meat. Think about this. Those jobs were paying up to $50.00 per hour at one time. All american workers. There was 2 meat processing plants in my town till the 80's. I knew people who graduated high school and went to work there. You can imagine how bad this job is but the unions got the workers fair pay. The companies, closed, moved locations, busted the unions. And found illegals who work for a lot less. Now they pay $10.00 and up. No citizen would go work these jobs now all the good pay, bennies, and union protection if you are hurt on the job.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:39 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,758,843 times
Quote:
What is your job. Would you be willing to clean homes and offices. Would you work on a farm...how about being a nanny and cooking and cleaning for someone else's household. No American wants these jobs. So who is going to work them. If we got rid of all illegals we would have working shortage in this country
Affluent people who want nannies, cooks, housekeepers, and gardeners will just have to pay a living wage in order to find legal residents to do this work. Alternatively they can do the work themselves. The general public should not have to subsidize the affluent via picking up the tab to support illegals via subsidies and entitlements.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:45 AM

58,681 posts, read 26,969,662 times
Quote:
What a crock!

Who do you think held these jobs BEFORE so may illegals came here?

Old 01-07-2018, 08:47 AM

62,665 posts, read 28,845,536 times
Quote:

Why do you keep repeating this same ole nonsense in topic after topic about illegal immigration? Who do you think were cleaning offices and homes and every other blue collared job before millions of cheap illegal aliens flooded our border? Once again, (and I'm sick of repeating this to you) there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers for farm jobs. We don't need illegal aliens for anything and there is no worker shortage for a fair wage. If we ever have one we can increase our visas for legal workers. Please stop repeating this same ole BS!

Old 01-07-2018, 08:49 AM

62,665 posts, read 28,845,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Man, you guys sure love that "going to jail" thing, don't you. If your side had it's way, everyone who disagrees with you would be behind bars.

Where have I seen that before, where a Dictator put people he didn't like on trains, and sent them to camps ? It will come to me, I'm sure.

Nazi card alert!

Old 01-07-2018, 08:50 AM

58,681 posts, read 26,969,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Obviously you don't employ house staff or you'd know they are making more than minimum wage.

I have a born in the USA white woman, semi retired, who I pay $45.00 per hour to clean. It takes her 3 hours.

I'm my neighborhood, no one is getting staff for less that $20.00 per hour
My neighbors are using someone who is charging $25.00 per hour. She takes cash only, is booked full, can't take on more homes. She's on a green card, also is on Obamacare as she doesn't prove her income. They all are fully aware of this.

Know what is really disgusting? They voted for TRUMP! They are part of the problem, greedy jerks. They care about the rules being broken, untill it affects them! Phonies.

Next time you buy meat. Think about this. Those jobs were paying up to $50.00 per hour at one time. All american workers. There was 2 meat processing plants in my town till the 80's. I knew people who graduated high school and went to work there. You can imagine how bad this job is but the unions got the workers fair pay. The companies, closed, moved locations, busted the unions. And found illegals who work for a lot less. Now they pay $10.00 and up. No citizen would go work these jobs now all the good pay, bennies, and union protection if you are hurt on the job.
Know what is really disgusting? They probably did the SAME thing under Obama and VOTED OR HIM, TWICE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies