Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 03:22 PM

62,605 posts, read 28,790,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
Let me rephrase.

Nothing will change in regards to the worse that come here illegally.

Let's be honest with ourselves, people aren't frothing at the mouths at the prospects of keeping low level illegals that work as farm hands, building helpers, nannies, etc......the biggest selling point behind the wall is to keep out the worst of the worst, like those drug dealers, gang bangers, etc. See now, criminals will find a way in, drugs will continue business as usual.

But hey, at least Rosita won't come in and take your pot/pan scrubbing job.

If some aren't frothing at the mouth over illegals taking jobs, resources and taxes from Americans it's because they haven't informed themselves about this issue. We don't even need illegals working on farms as there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers for those jobs. For every employer who hires illegal aliens they are passing their social costs onto the taxpayer to the tune of billions of dollars of our taxes. Illegal aliens are economic terrorists and to me they are wreaking havoc on the American people just as the drug dealers, gangbangers, etc. are.

So if we can't stop illegals including criminals 100% with a wall we shouldn't build it if it would deter 50-80% of them? No point in being a smart a**. with your last comment either. Many Americans work in kitchens where their greedy employers don't hire illegals and are law abiding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 03:28 PM

693 posts, read 354,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If some aren't frothing at the mouth over illegals taking jobs, resources and taxes from Americans it's because they haven't informed themselves about this issue. We don't even need illegals working on farms as there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers for those jobs. For every employer who hires illegal aliens they are passing their social costs onto the taxpayer to the tune of billions of dollars of our taxes. Illegal aliens are economic terrorists and to me they are wreaking havoc on the American people just as the drug dealers, gangbangers, etc. are.

So if we can't stop illegals including criminals 100% with a wall we shouldn't build it if it would deter 50-80% of them? No point in being a smart a**. with your last comment either. Many Americans work in kitchens where their greedy employers don't hire illegals and are law abiding.

You're looking at the small potatoes. There's been quite a few studies that show that these illegals that are doing menial jobs, actually generate quite a bit back in taxes.
Also, several studies that show the negative affect that will impact our country if we did NOT have them here.

Now, onto the bigger potatoes, you know, the meaty potatoes that actually affect us in a negative way (drugs and other hard core criminal activity).....it'll be business as usual.

But hey, I did say build that wall. It'll be the war on drugs all over again.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:43 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,284,575 times
Quote:
Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants".
Not my words/terminology Og

I don't want you to get your hopes up about 'the wall' keeping all of the millions of illegal aliens from entering the U.S.

These are

Old 01-08-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
You're looking at the small potatoes. There's been quite a few studies that show that these illegals that are doing menial jobs, actually generate quite a bit back in taxes.
Also, several studies that show the negative affect that will impact our country if we did NOT have them here.

Now, onto the bigger potatoes, you know, the meaty potatoes that actually affect us in a negative way (drugs and other hard core criminal activity).....it'll be business as usual.

But hey, I did say build that wall. It'll be the war on drugs all over again.
Utter nonsense! How did we manage without millions of illegal aliens before they flooded our border? Americans have always done menial jobs for a fair wage. Illegals pay in $13 billion in taxes annually while they cost us $100 billion a year. Do the math! That's no small potatoes not to mention our overcrowded schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods. They have also driven down American wages in construction and other blue collared jobs. Geez, you and yours really need to take off your blinders and educate yourself on this issue or at least learn some respect for the rule of law.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Not my words/terminology Og

I don't want you to get your hopes up about 'the wall' keeping all of the millions of illegal aliens from entering the U.S.

These are

The don't quote articles that blur the lines between immigrants and illegal aliens. We don't know who they are talking about then.

I already know how the good walls are very effective in deterring illegal immigration. They have to keep them out 100% or they are useless? 80% isn't good enough?

Old 01-08-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Utter nonsense! How did we manage without millions of illegal aliens before they flooded our border? Americans have always done menial jobs for a fair wage. Illegals pay in $13 billion in taxes annually while they cost us $100 billion a year. Do the math! That's no small potatoes not to mention our overcrowded schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods. They have also driven down American wages in construction and other blue collared jobs. Geez, you and yours really need to take off your blinders and educate yourself on this issue or at least learn some respect for the rule of law.
Now my turn to call out your "nonsense".

There's always been massive amounts of illegal aliens in our country, or did you think they just started coming over now? I suggest you check your history. This country ALWAYS had massive amounts of immigrants coming into this country, however, they were considered "illegal".
Mexicans have been migrating to the USA for a VERYYYYYYYY long time.

You're under some misguided assumption that the wall will larger work.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
80% isn't good enough?
You're making an assumption on it's effectiveness.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:19 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,584,637 times
"Mexico will build the wall."

Yes, they have built many walls — with a lower case w.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:49 PM

48,389 posts, read 34,520,173 times
Quote:
There are still 500,000 crossing our border illegally ever year. As for those already here, they need to be deported no matter how long they have been here.
Wow, 500K huh? Just from the Mexico border? A year?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-08-2018, 04:56 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,584,637 times
Oldglory must get his news from The Saddlebag Gazette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies