Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 07:35 AM

19,131 posts, read 16,957,052 times

Advertisements

I saw part of the show last night and realize their will be public humiliation for those that failed to come onboard and sing from the assigned music. What I want to know is where were all these powerful woman including Ms O over the last 5-10 years? Wasn't there a one of them more concerned over what's right then their next million dollar film? Its not like the Harvey Weinstein's of the industry were any secret...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 08:58 AM

57,037 posts, read 26,001,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Tonight was a mixture of women who were dressed to show sympathy with victims and some that thought they had to flash their boops to impress.

Back in the days we saw Jennifer Lopez wear a dress like that. She had the body to do so and looked great. Now we have activist Eva "very pregnant " Langoria who had her boops almost flash and fall out of her dress. She looked awful and actually it looked like she needs attention for herself, instead of the cause she tries to represent.

Ophrah looked great and had her usual speech to use history and how white men beat a black women and equality and power issues.

Never the less, Ophrah is the best example that her own BS doesn't work and doesn't exist as she claims it is. It was a speech like Obama would have given about poor "me" while they are successful and are very wealthy and play on the poor!

It worked in 2007-2008 but not anymore as black people have seen what their talk meant for Chicago and other inner cities where poor black people were not doing any better, eight years later. Just more of the same dividingness and Hollywood loves that crap while they drive home in their Rolls With a $20,000 bag of gifts and feel good about a few minutes of feeling sorry for anyone else!

Decades of hiding the truth is now what Hollywood feel good about as that one night is where they all fell good about their secrecy of hiding the truth and become famous and enabling the assaulter

That was a very powerful speech by Oprah particularly the reference to the black woman that recently died, she was raped by several white men who got off free. Great speech.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,932,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I saw part of the show last night and realize their will be public humiliation for those that failed to come onboard and sing from the assigned music. What I want to know is where were all these powerful woman including Ms O over the last 5-10 years? Wasn't there a one of them more concerned over what's right then their next million dollar film? Its not like the Harvey Weinstein's of the industry were any secret...
Good points. Maybe it's only abhorrent when they're not making millions off of it?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:31 AM

23,425 posts, read 17,101,753 times
You do realize that Hollywood is full of actors who have become actors to escape reality of abuse. If you have been abused Hollywood is your cure. Thus the black out.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:38 AM

29,159 posts, read 14,444,481 times
Quote:
Dressed in black, the actors and actresses will support #me too movement.

Almost like a Fraternity or Sorority outfit.

In the end the most likely feel more sorry for themselves as being exposed for the hypocrites for keeping their mouth shut and not speak out to help victims.

Meryl Streep spend lots of time being buddies with Dustin Hoffman, Harvey Weinstein who she called G_d and many more actors who are all caught to have sexual assaulted women.

Meryl Streep should stay away from any Award show or accept the award for the biggest bigot and hypocrite.

Most likely it will be an evening of bashing the President.

This time I may watch just to watch a bunch of hypocrites who ruined their own business!

Still think they need to re name the movement. Pound(#) Me Too just doesn't seem appropriate.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:45 AM

29,159 posts, read 14,444,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If actresses can no longer scr*w there way to the top-how will no-talent hacks continue to get starring roles?
My question is. For those actresses that did, and ended up wealthy and successful and then jump on the #metoo bandwagon are they going to donate all their money that they received to charity now ?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:49 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,531,503 times
Quote:
Dressed in black, the actors and actresses will support #me too movement.

Almost like a Fraternity or Sorority outfit.

In the end the most likely feel more sorry for themselves as being exposed for the hypocrites for keeping their mouth shut and not speak out to help victims.

Meryl Streep spend lots of time being buddies with Dustin Hoffman, Harvey Weinstein who she called G_d and many more actors who are all caught to have sexual assaulted women.

Meryl Streep should stay away from any Award show or accept the award for the biggest bigot and hypocrite.

Most likely it will be an evening of bashing the President.

This time I may watch just to watch a bunch of hypocrites who ruined their own business!
Wasn’t it also Streep gushing over Roman “drug rape and sodomize a 13-year-old” Polanski?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:50 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,531,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Still think they need to re name the movement. Pound(#) Me Too just doesn't seem appropriate.
ROFLMAO!!! I nerd even caught that.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:00 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,763,627 times
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause
They need to leave those men alone!! It’s “show business”- it’s ALWAYS been another it the casting couch. If those primadonnas don’t like it, then choose ANOTHER CAREER!!!
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Absolutely right! Women should be required to spread their legs and submit to male producers and casting directors if they want to be in entertainment! And any woman who wants to pursue a career in entertainment but doesn't want to do so is just a stupid prima donna!!!

Now, everyone who agrees with this raise your hand. I really want to know who you are.

It only took 4 posts for this thread to go off the rails into absurdity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Good points. Maybe it's only abhorrent when they're not making millions off of it?
That's about right!

What's a few decades of mass sexual assaults when everyone's getting wealthy?

Liberalism and Hypocrisy seem to go hand in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Good catch - that's actually quite appropriate.

Last edited by steven_h; 01-08-2018 at 10:10 AM..

Old 01-08-2018, 10:02 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,016,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That was a very powerful speech by Oprah particularly the reference to the black woman that recently died, she was raped by several white men who got off free. Great speech.
I wonder what the reaction would be had the speaker referenced a white woman raped by several BLACK men.

Oh, the outrage! Oh, the cries of racism!

And liberals are too damned dumb to get it. I thought profiling was bad. And here's the biggest, fattest bread eating racist of all babbling about white men raping a black woman. What's the nitwit even yapping about and how is it relevant to whatever awards were being given?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies