Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 02:47 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Yes. It is real. It is a real mental condition.
Prove it. With an actual scientific study. Because we've posted a number of them that prove its not.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:52 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There was a another quote attached about the Golden Rule and being polite or something. I was agreeing with it.

I would bet you don't go around calling transgenders nasty names, but some see fit to call YOU nasty names. That was my point. There is no need for that.
I totally agree with you.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:03 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The vast majority of humanity identifies primarily or exclusively with the gender assigned to them at birth, as either female or male. However, non binary and trans identities have existed for as long as we can tell.

You are asking, "Do you think gender fluidity is a real thing" I say it is, meaning there are people out there who believe Gender fluidity is the recognition by an individual that they don't identify exclusively or potentially at all with a binary gender. So these people do exist.

However, do I believe they are normal? No, I don't believe so. Do I think they can be fixed? no, I don't. Do I believe they should be ashamed of themselves? No, I don't. Do they bother me? no, they don't.

This said, when I was in college, a lesbian woman told me every girl was bi-curious. It annoys me to no end that somebody can speak for me. Yes, I get it, she wanted to have sex with me. I was flattered, but this doesn't mean I found women to be sexually appealing. Live and let live, that also means, let the straight people be straight people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You have done a much better job of explaining the thoughts that were running through my mind as I read through this thread than I ever could. Thank you.

Yes, these people exist, and they always have. The fact that some get the heebie-jeebies thinking about it does not de-legitimize their unique experience as non-binary persons.
Yeah, lily is pretty awesome. As are you, as are others who don't see me as sick, but rather simply born differently.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Whats the end game"? There is none, a constant state of revolution is part of all basic Marxist doctrine. Look it up. Societies and government must constantly be challenged. Its basically a recipe for instability.
Marx! Marx Marx! MARXMARXMARX!!! Maaaaooo......

Old 01-09-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I would guarantee that I treat transgenders with more respect than I've received from people promoting the agenda on this thread.

You can have an opinion and be civil. The two are not exclusive. For some of us, anyway.

Just don't tell me what YOU think my opinion should be. We'll get along just fine.
Oh, calling me sick when you don't even know me. Yeah, real respectful there, newtovenice! You gotta be kiddin' me.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
huh? I have no ideas why you quoted me.

I don't like the fact that I've been called all these nasty names simply because I said, I don't believe transgenders should be serving in the military.

That is all.
I don't either, you're pretty awesome. We don't agree, but you've always been incredibly respectful, and have never inferred that you think I'm f'd up, or sick, or mentally ill the way others have.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:27 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,522,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Can also be the result of chimerism, which is an actual physical condition.
Thank you randomparent for mentioning this.
I had not heard of this.
I did a little reading on it since you posted.
I am going to read more.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:32 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Thank you randomparent for mentioning this.
I had not heard of this.
I did a little reading on it since you posted.
I am going to read more.
I'm glad you looked it up. It's easy to assume that we know everything about the human body, but it retains some of its mysteries; therefore, I strive to keep an open mind about these things.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:33 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I don't either, you're pretty awesome. We don't agree, but you've always been incredibly respectful, and have never inferred that you think I'm f'd up, or sick, or mentally ill the way others have.
No, I don't think you are messed up at all.

However, I don't believe people with this kind of pre-existing conditions should be allowed to OPENLY serve in the military. It is nothing personal.

You are pretty awesome yourself.

The way I see it? well, "You Can’t Blend In When You Were Born To Stand Out" You are just unique and "different".

Old 01-09-2018, 06:50 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Oh, calling me sick when you don't even know me. Yeah, real respectful there, newtovenice! You gotta be kiddin' me.
Have I ever insulted you, name called, or used derogatory language?

In fact, I have ignored many of your posts specifically because you were trying to bait me.

I finally replied when you refused to take my silence and answered your questions about the two VERY small studies from years ago. I wrote (paraphrasing here):Your studies don't hold up. You and I disagree. Let's leave it at that.

Yet you keep coming back and trying to bait me. Why? I said: Let's agree to disagree. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. SO let's just agree to disagree. It's what civil people do. But that's not what you want is it? Being civil, I mean.

Back to my original thought of: Leave people alone. It's the Hulk principle. Leave people alone.

Stop trying to tell me WHAT TO BELIEVE.

And yes until 5 minutes ago the APA had declared it mental illness. And next week they could very well change it back.

Again: I don't know what else you want me to say about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies