Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 08:03 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Social contagion basically. It's rapid onset gender dysphoria, most common in girls approaching or part way through puberty, coming out after friends come out or after a lot of time spent on social media talking about gender dysphoria. Here's a good explanation of the different types of gender dysphoria https://4thwavenow.com/2017/12/07/ge...not-one-thing/
Perhaps the frenzy of past couple years over people with gender dysphoria, heaping praise on them and affirming their delusions about being born into the wrong bodies, is actually causing many more to suffer from this unfortunate mental illness.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:08 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Gender fluid is a gender identity which refers to a gender which varies over time. A gender fluid person may at any time identify as male, female, neutrois, or any other non-binary identity, or some combination of identities. Their gender can also vary at random or vary in response to different circumstances. Gender fluid people may also identify as multigender, non-binary and/or transgender.

Gender fluid people who feel that the strength of their gender(s) change(s) over time, or that they are sometimes agender, may identify as gender flux.
Can someone please explain the above?
What does "identifying as male" look like?
What does "identifying as female" look like?

How can gender vary at random or in response to different circumstances?

If you want understanding, please help me to understand.

What does "identify" actually mean in regards to the above?
What does this involve? Thoughts, actions? What?
What thoughts, what actions? Specifically.

This does not make any sense to me.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:43 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,244,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Can someone please explain the above?
What does "identifying as male" look like?
What does "identifying as female" look like?

How can gender vary at random or in response to different circumstances?

If you want understanding, please help me to understand.

What does "identify" actually mean in regards to the above?
What does this involve? Thoughts, actions? What?
What thoughts, what actions? Specifically.

This does not make any sense to me.
It doesn't make sense because it doesn't make sense. Male and female aren't identities, they are simply biological facts. I don't identify as female, I have no idea what it means to feel like a woman (unless you count the feeling of being on your period, or the feeling of being pregnant or childbirth as feeling like a woman), I just am one.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:54 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,244,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Perhaps the frenzy of past couple years over people with gender dysphoria, heaping praise on them and affirming their delusions about being born into the wrong bodies, is actually causing many more to suffer from this unfortunate mental illness.
The affirmative approach being taken with children is really not good - the vast majority of children who identify as trans will return to feeling comfortable with their bodies after puberty if a watchful waiting approach is used but with an affirmative approach combined with puberty blockers (so they don't get to go through puberty and become reconciled to their bodies, or go through the mental maturation of puberty and literally grow up) disturbs this process. The shutting down of debate about this issue also doesn't help. The voices of those who have been through the process but then detransitioned need to be heard more by the children going through this, very sad stories but others can learn from them - here's one such story https://4thwavenow.com/2017/11/07/a-...lls-her-story/

Old 01-17-2018, 01:10 AM

405 posts, read 475,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
There's more than 3 genders... there's about 30-40 or so. Here's the list. Enjoy!
Where do I even start...looks more like a personality list.

Anyone that thinks there are legitimately 40 genders is insane. Being gender fluid really is a mental thing. If you are a female and identify as a male one day and a female the next, it is simply mental, not a physical issue. No way around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies