Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 12:32 PM

693 posts, read 356,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
There's a thing called math. Familiarize yourself with it, then look up the RATE that insurance premiums went up in the 20 years before Obamacare then compare that to the RATE they went up in the last decade.
A little something many don't understand. They just see rising rates, and they want to blame the administration that the rise occurred under....ignoring that insurance rates rise every year......EVERY SINGLE YEAR.
However, the rate at which the insurance increased at, slowed down.

I laugh whenever people say that Obamacare cost too much for them....but ignore just how much more insurance would cost under a private market place without being part of the exchange. Let that sink in....while insurance under the exchange is not cheap....it's cheaper than getting insurance on your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 12:32 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So far the only argument I can see is the potential increase in deficit from the tax cut. However, if that's an concern for the Democrats, how about working with the Rs to cut the spending so that there wouldn't be any deficit?
That's not even the case because the Obama voters got used to 2% growth being a good thing.

Trump is harmful to many melted snowflakes who utter things like, Waa! Not My Pwesident! You better fix this f-ing bleep. Waa! He's stupid! He's a dotard because we love Kim Jung Un, he's unfit for duty, he can't read! He kicks puppies, he golfs, he doesn't sleep, he eats Big Macks after midnight.

Another thing Trump does to harm the melting snowflakes and/or the Main Stream Media is that he gives them hope... Hope that he will be impeached... This time!

Oh... Oh this book is gonna impeach him! I just know it please please please, Russia Russia Russia waa waa WAA! NOT my Pwesident! Waa!

304-223. Hashtag GaLoat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So far, Trump has not done anything to hurt the country. Americans are increasingly better off under Trump.

The left goes ape crazy whenever Trump does or says something. But that is just politics. Noise doesn't count.
... And annoying white noise at that. I have a built in tuner, so I don't hear it. I turn mainstream media just as quickly as I do an annoying commercial. Why? I'm just allergic to horsebleep.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:33 PM

15,957 posts, read 7,021,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
The effects you mention are speculation, not facts.
And what facts do you have that these cuts will not harm America and Americans?

Old 01-08-2018, 12:35 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
There's a thing called math. Familiarize yourself with it, then look up the RATE that insurance premiums went up in the 20 years before Obamacare then compare that to the RATE they went up in the last decade.
And that mak s poor people able to afford the premiums and deductibles how?

Old 01-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Cuts to regulations in EPA will cause polluted waters and air.
Cuts to Education will put our kids behind in math and other subjects.
Cuts to Health will decrease our life expectancy.
Cuts to Science programs will make the US take a backseat to other countries in scientific discoveries that would lead to better lives.
Cuts to Agriculture means less safe food products.
Cuts to National Parks means less areas for Americans to enjoy our splendid natural beauty.
Cuts to Transportation means more congestion on highways and less safety, too.
This is only the beginning, the tip of the iceberg. It will only get worse.
Thanks Obama’s
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ng-mine-spill/
The United States, Falling Behind - The New York Times
US life expectancy decreases for second straight year as overdose deaths soar | Fox News
That only took a few seconds, seems like your messiah screwed it all up

Old 01-08-2018, 12:37 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
A little something many don't understand. They just see rising rates, and they want to blame the administration that the rise occurred under....ignoring that insurance rates rise every year......EVERY SINGLE YEAR.
However, the rate at which the insurance increased at, slowed down.

I laugh whenever people say that Obamacare cost too much for them....but ignore just how much more insurance would cost under a private market place without being part of the exchange. Let that sink in....while insurance under the exchange is not cheap....it's cheaper than getting insurance on your own.
Or when they say dumb crap like "I pay $1000/M. 10 years ago I paid $350." All I can do is shake my head and move on.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:39 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And that mak s poor people able to afford the premiums and deductibles how?
Poor people in states that expanded Medicaid can afford health insurance just fine. If they can't, they should take it up with their state's legislative branch who effed them over.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:39 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
What is Trump doing to destroy the country?

I heard it on CNN this weekend, Trump doesn't like other people touching his toothbrush.

Trump is destroying the country, no doubt about it.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:49 PM

192 posts, read 131,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I like the restrictions the OP puts on this since you can explain away anything by claiming, "uh, people who like the Constitution should mindlessly support Trump." Sounds about like "What has our Dear Leader done to hurt anyone who supports Dear Leader?" Right...

As for the deficit growth with Trump's pay-day loan style tax scam, that is strictly the fault of his party. You don't get to blame the Democrats for a purely Republican law, so cut the partisan excuses.

As for Trump himself, the man is worthless. His gross immaturity has done nothing but harm to international relationships, and the single piece of legislation he has passed is nothing but a vote-buying scam at its finest. And that doesn't even cover the damage to healthcare he's done. Yeah, you might pay less in the future, but don't be shocked if you get nothing for it. More of the usual right-wing idiocy about letting businesses do whatever they want.

If you want to claim the man is not that dangerous because he's next to useless, maybe you'll get lucky and history will prove you right in a few years when we're hopefully rid of him. But if that's true, that also means all the Trumplings who are licking his boots and giving him credit for MAGA are simply lying since he's done nothing. Of course, they are the same people giving Trump credit for everything from the recovery under Obama to "letting people say Merry Christmas again without fear" to "preventing planes from crashing," so they are cultists anyway.

Finally, Trump himself is slime. He has a long history of sleazy behavior, and is an immature, bigoted, petty, stupid, oaf. Him simply being president, even if he does nothing more than guzzle Coke and whine on Twitter like the orange snowflake he is, diminishing the office and makes a mockery of everything this nation represents.
This should be quoted for every page.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:49 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Cuts to regulations in EPA will cause polluted waters and air.
Cuts to Education will put our kids behind in math and other subjects.
Cuts to Health will decrease our life expectancy.
Cuts to Science programs will make the US take a backseat to other countries in scientific discoveries that would lead to better lives.
Cuts to Agriculture means less safe food products.
Cuts to National Parks means less areas for Americans to enjoy our splendid natural beauty.
Cuts to Transportation means more congestion on highways and less safety, too.
This is only the beginning, the tip of the iceberg. It will only get worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Maybe throwing billions of dollars at an issue doesn't automatically fix it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
LEts start with the first two, cuts to the EPA and Education. Please elaborate with specifics on each of those.
I think it's fair to say that what one person sees as a positive, another sees as a negative.

Could we agree that those things (Specifically the first two) can be viewed as both. It's hard to argue that more pollution and less competitive education hurts our country. It's also hard to argue that too much regulation and ineffective spending strangles business, which hurts our economy.

In economics terms, we need to find the "tangent" to identify where regulation and spending are optimized. We can argue all day long about where the sweet spot is. Can we at least agree that zero regulation would be bad, as would absolute regulation of everything?

My answer to the OP question, and I could offer many, but today I think I'll go with Trump's assault on a free press and free speech. The thought of congressional investigation of someone writing a book filled with opinions is horrifying to me. Just like the above example, I don't advocate for people to say whatever they want, but I also don't advocate for government to be able to persecute or prosecute someone for writing things they don't agree with. What is happening HURTS our country and the principles it was founded on.

I also tend to think that in very general terms, that President Trump's loose trigger finger with his Twitter Account has damaged America's standing in the world. In some cases, he may have strengthened our position on certain things, but overall, I think that our leadership role in the world is diminished. NK is a good example. Fact is that NK and SK are talking. Maybe Trump's tough talk had something to do with that, nobody can say for sure, but it's possible. Fact also is that USA is not part of that discussion, and THAT might open up a role for China, or another nation to take the lead in brokering a long-term solution. Again, it's just my opinion, but to me it's bad that we no longer have the seat at the head of the table in that discussion, and may not have a seat at all going forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies