Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 02:29 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times

Advertisements

He took away our privacy on the internet. Now ISPs can sell off your data to be mined deeper for profit.

Trump signs internet privacy repeal | TheHill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 02:33 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
My elderly uncle who has been around the block (and the globe) a time or two said something so elegantly simple:
"I've voted for many Presidents in my lifetime and my life has never changed that much regardless who was in charge. Maybe my taxes went up or if there was a major event, like WWII when I had to go to war, that obviously effected me. People are too hysterical now."

I realized that since Trump was elected, my life hasn't changed much. When I think back over previous Presidents, that was the case as well. What goes on in your own state or town affects you more than the Federal government. So get involved in your community to get things done that directly effect your life.

Calm Down and Carry On!

Old 01-08-2018, 02:35 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
[/b]

Instead of cutting the budget, I want to raise revenue by increasing taxes on those who can afford it...not cutting them like the tax scam did passed only by Republicans who totally shut the Dems out...
1) how generous of you to spend other people's money. Who are you to say if they can "afford it" and why should they have to?
The truth is, the US Treasury took in record revenue last year. It is still not enough. You could tax every person in this country over 90% and it still wouldn't be enough.

We don't have a taxation problem. We have a spending problem.

2). Shut out every Democrat? I'm sure their participation would have been welcomed. Or do you mean similarly to how Obamacare passed in the middle of the night without a single Republican vote?

Old 01-08-2018, 02:36 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
We are over $20 trillion in debt. Where do YOU want to start cutting the budget?
The far-right just passed a pay-day loan style tax scam to buy votes. They are in no position to whine about the debt.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:39 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Too many to list. But 3-5 quickies.....

1. Made health insurance more expensive - especially for older people and made it so 10 million plus people would be without coverage

2. Added 1.5 TRILLION to the debt - and will add constantly to the deficit and debt (this actually counts as two things because he SHOULD be paying it down.....but he's not even keeping it even).

3. Has been very unclear regarding the Nazis, White Supremacists, etc. - for example, didn't speak out against David Duke...or, for that matter, supported a disgraced judge who was convicted of breaking the Constitution as well as being inappropriate with teen girls.

4. His style of language (the tapes with puzzy grabbing) as well as his tweets and bullying tone has done away with any real honest debate on issues. We are now at the lowest common denominator...might is right.

5. He has colluded with Russia (a fact - whether he is convicted is another matter)....and even now allows Russians by the thousands to come to his properties in Miami and have anchor babies (it's a full service travel arrangement you can book).

6. Lied thousands of times - which has led to 100's of ways of harming this country, including lowering our esteem all over the world.

I could go on but it would take too long.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:41 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
He is indeed divisive as a president. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. We have years worth of inflammatory comments he himself has made proving he has a very strong "us versus them" mentality.
And where was your phony outrage with Obama? He was extremely devisive, arrogant, and and a racist?

Old 01-08-2018, 02:43 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Trump assaults the institutions of this Country on a daily basis all for personal gain or advantage.

Nuff' said.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:46 PM

693 posts, read 357,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And where was your phony outrage with Obama? He was extremely devisive, arrogant, and and a racist?
lol, wut?

Obama, a racist? Show me where he said anything that made him a racist.

divisive? You mean, like when he wanted to work with everyone and compromise, but the opposing side made it clear they wouldn't work with him on anything?

Let's talk about all the attacks that Obama endured....and what did he say? He said he would stand up for their right to bash him.

Arrogant, maybe. But we're not talking about arrogance here.

Seriously, try harder.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:56 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Did you actually read these???? Reneged on his promise to show his taxes? How the hell did that hurt anyone? For the most part the article is just a bunch of horse dung!
Lies and secrecy by our elected officials weaken this country. Every other president has released their tax returns and indeed Trump himself claimed many times he would as well. The more Trump lies, the more time he has to spend defending those lies and the more the country loses by having an ineffective untrustworthy leader.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:56 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
[/b]

Instead of cutting the budget, I want to raise revenue by increasing taxes on those who can afford it...not cutting them like the tax scam did passed only by Republicans who totally shut the Dems out...
He's cutting deductions for the rich with the new tax program. For days people on CD have been complaining about losing their high SALT deductions.

Isn't that what you wanted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies