Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 02:44 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,022,082 times

Advertisements

This one really sucks bc I love him.

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/al...golden-globes/

I'm not surprised though bc I've heard some rumors around NYC and he did close his acting school with little notice once the #metoo thing started. Heard a rumor he paid some girls off so they wouldn't mess with his awards season bid for the disaster artist.

I also remember that Lindsay Lohan started going bananas after Franco dumped her. They both lived at the chateau marmont. She's been a mess even since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 02:48 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
There’s been rumors about him for years,similar to Weinstein.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:05 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Those two accusation from different women are totally different! One said she felt exploited doing nudity in his film. But she chose to do it. Now nude movie scenes are exploitation? Then don't do them.

The other woman accuses him of sexual assault and exposing himself. That makes more sense if we are going to go there.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Those two accusation from different women are totally different! One said she felt exploited doing nudity in his film. But she chose to do it. Now nude movie scenes are exploitation? Then don't do them.

The other woman accuses him of sexual assault and exposing himself. That makes more sense if we are going to go there.
The first issue at least to me still brings up some very uncomfortable issues. Should an actress be faced with the decision to perform nude to do what she wants to do?

Yes, they can say no and remain a waitress.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
He's always been a d-bag.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:40 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The first issue at least to me still brings up some very uncomfortable issues. Should an actress be faced with the decision to perform nude to do what she wants to do?

Yes, they can say no and remain a waitress.
But why blame Franco for that. Many actors and actresses are fine with doing nude scenes. This woman did one and regrets it so blames the person who hired her.

I don't watch Game of Thrones but I hear a lot about it. If actors in it were against nudity they would not be hired for the show.

Hollywood is not going to get prudish about nudity all of a sudden because some no-name actress has regrets about doing a scene.

The other woman says he exposed himself and tried to shove her head in his lap. That is a problem.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:54 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
a few years ago when he was messaging a 17 year old girl on instagram and trying to get her to meet with him, he offered to get a room at a hotel. he knew she was 17, he was 35. she never did meet him. she posted about it and the story got around. he admitted it.

kind of weird. i read the instagram messages that they exchanged, they exchanged numbers and went on to texting. she is from scotland and was visiting in new york when she saw him on the sidewalk signing autographs after a play and she got a picture with him in the background and he asked her to post it on instagram tag him in the picture. obviously he was instantly attracted to her and she tagged him that's how he found her instagram and started with the messages. he just dove right in with asking her questions! how old are you? do you have a boyfriend? where do you live? should i get a room?

age of consent is apparently 17 in new york, but still he is a little old for a 17 year old!

Old 01-08-2018, 04:21 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
nevermind

Last edited by beachie123; 01-08-2018 at 04:46 PM..

Old 01-08-2018, 04:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
But why blame Franco for tha.
I didn't.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:37 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
This one really sucks bc I love him.

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/al...golden-globes/

I'm not surprised though bc I've heard some rumors around NYC and he did close his acting school with little notice once the #metoo thing started. Heard a rumor he paid some girls off so they wouldn't mess with his awards season bid for the disaster artist.

I also remember that Lindsay Lohan started going bananas after Franco dumped her. They both lived at the chateau marmont. She's been a mess even since.
I've heard (best friend from college is an actor) that Franco's a very talented but perverted dick so not surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies