Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 10:04 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You have a lot of nerve reminding anyone what the thread is about since you've completely hijacked this thread to post nothing but anti-Israel propaganda. The thread is about protests against Netanyahu.

We get it, you hate Israel. Why don't you start your own thread about it instead of hijacking this one?
I don't hate it, I'm just saying the obvious: Israel is a criminal state.

Finally found a short video that depicts what drives thousands of Palestinians to do something as stupid as throwing rocks at tanks or punching a israeli soldier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R88BdBNtcP8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 10:22 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post

Finally found a short video that depicts what drives thousands of Palestinians to do something as stupid as throwing rocks at tanks or punching a israeli soldier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R88BdBNtcP8
You know the one thing that's missing from the videos you post is any mention about the constant barrage of rockets launched against Israel civilians, suicide bombers, knifings, the fact that the charters of both Hamas and the PA call for the destruction of Israel, the fact that every single one of the Israeli operations into Gaza and the West Bank are defensive. It's almost like you're trying to make this look like it's just one sided...

I don't see the point of carrying on this charade with you, so I'll bid you a goodnight.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Israel and the Jews are not synonymous. One can be highly critical of Israel without being anti-Semitic.
Lol...not in the United States.

Any and all criticism of Israel in this country makes you worse than Reinhard Heydrich. In fact, you’re not even allowed to be neutral on Israel.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:16 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No, I'm expecting you to explain why this happens. And it does happen no matter how much you want to deny it.

And how am I a hypocrite in saying so? What country do I jump up and defend every time it's criticized?
Still waiting to hear your response, kdog, as to how I'm a hypocrite in asking why people aren't allowed to criticize Israel without push back when every other country gets criticized and that's met with silence.

This attempt to silence discussion through name calling and false accusation is Manipulation 101.

We get it - you hate anyone who makes a disparaging remark about a country you want the world to think of as sacrosanct.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:17 AM

2,545 posts, read 3,298,204 times
Quote:
There are threads bashing other countries all the time in this forum but people only squawk when some criticism is leveled against Israel.

Why is that? What's this strong tie to the motherland that means nobody can ever criticize anything without hearing about it from the peanut gallery?
Read the OP and that will answer your question. He starts out by linking to reports of anti-corruption protests in Israel -- so far, so good -- and then veers off into wild accusations against Israel ("fully blown apartheid state") that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread and are completely disconnected from reality. So, A. the OP obviously has an axe to grind and will use any opportunity to bash Israel. And B. he deploys vile and widely discredited fabrications to do so. That's not just "some criticism", as you put it.

It's as if someone -- let's say from Canada or Mexico -- started a thread about anti-Trump protests in the US, and then casually threw in the following: "In addition to having a corrupt government, the US is a full blown racist state that oppresses black people. There is nothing to admire about the US". Would you think that's a rational statement as well as a "legitimate criticism" of the US? Or would you be slightly offended? I am sure most normal people would be.

Last edited by Fitzrovian; 01-11-2018 at 06:44 AM..

Old 01-11-2018, 06:17 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...not in the United States.

Any and all criticism of Israel in this country makes you worse than Reinhard Heydrich. In fact, you’re not even allowed to be neutral on Israel.
Bingo!

Old 01-11-2018, 06:33 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post

You don't know or care to know the history of Hebron. By depicting the video as if there no Jews to begin with, you deny their existence in the region before the 1949 Armistice. Before the Armistice of 1949 Jews lived in Hebron for 100's of years. When people call the descendants of residents "settlers" you deny their existence. When you say Arabs are indigenous to the region and say Jews are not that is being a hypocrite. When people like you continue to call the region the West Bank, you are blind to the fact as that was the name for region given by Jordan after the Armistice of 1949. It's names are Judea and Samaria.

So what drives thousands of Palestinians to do something as stupid as throwing rocks at people or punching Israeli soldiers? Their education system created by the PLO has removed Jews as historically indigenous to the region. This is all taught hate. Since you didn't bother to look up the area, you then include yourself in that hatred. One doesn't need to go back 1000's of years to find the truth. One can easily go back to the Ottoman era and find it. If that's too far, one could read the Faisal–Weizmann Agreement (and leave all the politics out of the version you decide to read) and see there was a plan for the Arabs and Jews to coexist as one. You should then question why that agreement didn't move forward and who's agenda was being met for not happening. If you have free access to all of the internet, you have the ability to do so.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:45 AM

1,675 posts, read 576,711 times
I am going to ignore what kdgo and pruzhany said, no need to discuss anything they have said, suffice to say they don't know what they're talking about no matter how convinced they sound.

If anybody believe in John Kerry this is what he said a couple months ago about israel:

Israel Doesn't Want Peace With the Palestinians, John Kerry Says

For me, a french diplomat said clearly in less than a minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNLJtZhml6U

Old 01-11-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Still waiting to hear your response, kdog, as to how I'm a hypocrite in asking why people aren't allowed to criticize Israel without push back when every other country gets criticized and that's met with silence.

This attempt to silence discussion through name calling and false accusation is Manipulation 101.

We get it - you hate anyone who makes a disparaging remark about a country you want the world to think of as sacrosanct.
You're asking why I found your post hypocritical? I was assuming perhaps with a little introspection you would get my point. Obviously I was expecting too much of you, so I will spell it out.

The reason is because you are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing, only in reverse. You are attempting to stifle any defense of Israel with your insipid strawman that, "people aren't allowed to criticize Israel when every other country that gets criticized is met with silence." I don't need to defend YOUR strawman, lol. You are the one attempting to control the narrative, not me.

In the post you quoted of mine, I had bolded why the thread was a thinly disguised anti-Israel rant. Look at the title of the thread -- "Week SIX of anti-corruption protests in Israel". However, the topic was simply a thin smokescreen for his thesis statement which was this. "but in addition to being a full-blown apartheid state it is riddled with corruption. There’s absolutely nothing to admire about Israel." I merely called out the ruse.

Am I wrong? Is that not Israel bashing with that little bait-and-switch? But I'm not allowed to call it out because YOU'RE butt hurt that people defend Israel in threads? Why is this about me? What exactly are you trying to accuse me of? Why are YOU attacking people who defend Israel? I'll discuss any damn topic I want to, and if you think there's some sort of conspiracy to defend Israel in this forum, well that's on you.

The way you've barged into this thread with a full-blown attack on me and then called me out is against the TOS in several ways. So if you've got nothing to add to the discussion then I suggest you take a walk.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzrovian View Post
Read the OP and that will answer your question. He starts out by linking to reports of anti-corruption protests in Israel -- so far, so good -- and then veers off into wild accusations against Israel ("fully blown apartheid state") that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread and are completely disconnected from reality. So, A. the OP obviously has an axe to grind and will use any opportunity to bash Israel. And B. he deploys vile and widely discredited fabrications to do so. That's not just "some criticism", as you put it.

It's as if someone -- let's say from Canada or Mexico -- started a thread about anti-Trump protests in the US, and then casually threw in the following: "In addition to having a corrupt government, the US is a full blown racist state that oppresses black people. There is nothing to admire about the US". Would you think that's a rational statement as well as a "legitimate criticism" of the US? Or would you be slightly offended? I am sure most normal people would be.
Bingo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies