Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 12:42 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
This is interesting on pages 87 and 88.

Quote:
The thing that people forget about what was going on in June of 2016 was that no one was really focused on sort of this question of whether Donald Trump had a relationship with the Kremlin. So, you know, when Chris started asking around in Moscow about this the information was sitting there. It wasn't a giant secret. People were talking about it freely. It was only, you know, later that it became a subject of great controversy and people clammed up, and at that time the whole issue of the hacking was also, you know, not really focused on Russia. So these things eventually converged into, you know, a major issue, but at the time it wasn't one.
I agree -- that is a pretty interesting point.

This entire thing seems to have been pretty dynamic in the beginning - constantly changing as new things were revealed or unearthed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 12:45 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The Republicans on the intel committees are engaged in a full-blown cover-up and they are trying to sabotage Mueller.

Indict Nunes and Grassley for engaging in a cover-up and obstruction of justice.
Cover-up? Of what?

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
quote from the OPs doc...
page 156

Quote:
A. I will go back to your question, but,
3 again, it says "Source B asserted the Trump
4 operating was both supported and directed by Putin
5 aimed to sew discord within the U.S.," and, you
6 know, basically -- you know, there's a number of
7 different ways that it seems they're trying to
8 intervene in our politics in this memo.
https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...t-redacted.pdf

1,949 posts, read 3,863,526 times
And let's not forget that this testimony is not even 3% of the kind of dirt Mueller and his team are uncovering.

Also, I miss a time in America when both parties cared about our security and supported the rule of law. I really do.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:48 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
And let's not forget that this testimony is not even 3% of the kind of dirt Mueller and his team are uncovering.

Also, I miss a time in America when both parties cared about our security and supported the rule of law. I really do.
It really wasn't that long ago.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:49 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
So the issue with the Trump Tower meeting, as I understand it, is that the Trump people were eager to accept intelligence from a foreign government about their political rivals and that is, you know, I would say, a form of interference. If you're getting help from a foreign government and your help is intelligence, then the foreign government's interfering. I mean, you know, I think that also -- of course, in retrospect we now know this was pretty right on target in terms on what it says.
In other words, he's testifying that he and Chris Steele were helping the Kremlin interfere in the election.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:50 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,381 times
Fusion GPS testified trump understated the worth of his properties to pay less tax. Bombshell everyone! Bring out the indictments, only every real estate owner does the same thing

Old 01-09-2018, 12:50 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
it is a long enough document , but scanning through it i CAN see why Republicans wanted to hide this. The Doc seems to show Fusion GPS in a good light and appears awful for trump

it clearly shows Steele was concerned with Trump being blackmailed by Putin and that this was the motivation to contact the FBI..

Grassley should be ashamed of himself.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:51 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
In other words, he's testifying that he and Chris Steele were helping the Kremlin interfere in the election.
Wow. Where exactly do you get that from? What nonsense.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:51 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,696,375 times
Default Fusion GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I do admire this move of hers (even if it was politically motivated)
republicans have been playing hardball politics for years.
Senator Feinstein has a spine & in the interest of transparency, just took a page right out of the typical republican playbook in a successful outmaneuvering of grassley & graham! Good for her!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies