Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 07:53 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,103,820 times

Advertisements

Okay, we'll take it as a given, Trump supporters, that you loathe Maddow and will insult her any way you can - which is tough, because she's pretty good at what she does, especially the way she cites sources to back up her statements. You needn't bother taking up space with the obvious attacks.

But Maddow fans will like this. I knew she was smart, but I didn't know that she was a Rhodes scholar.

Trump's TV Nemesis
How Rachel Maddow constructs a narrative
By Janet Malcolm

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...mps-tv-nemesis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 07:56 PM

9,126 posts, read 5,759,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

But Maddow fans will like this. I knew she was smart, but I didn't know that she was a Rhodes scholar.

Unabomber was "smart."

Old 01-09-2018, 07:58 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,172,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Unabomber was "smart."
Trump claims he is smart.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:04 PM

21,988 posts, read 15,611,140 times
Quote:
Okay, we'll take it as a given, Trump supporters, that you loathe Maddow and will insult her any way you can - which is tough, because she's pretty good at what she does, especially the way she cites sources to back up her statements. You needn't bother taking up space with the obvious attacks.

Trump's TV Nemesis
By Janet Malcolm

I knew she was. I used to listen to her on an Air America radio show she had years ago. She had a way of educating and providing background history for the various topics that would make a drive from Seattle to Portland fly by. We saw this during the Japan tsunami too when she went into depth each night about the nuclear reactor rods, how they're built and what the damage meant.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:08 PM

27,539 posts, read 15,950,865 times
Pretty inconsequential at this point. But that tax return...

Old 01-09-2018, 08:18 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,102,230 times
She has been on point.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:22 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,103,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Pretty inconsequential at this point. But that tax return...
Yeah, I knew someone would bring that up. It's discussed in the article, if you read it. She wasn't wrong, you know. It just wasn't as sensational as people hoped, but I think it's still the closest look anyone has had at an actual Trump tax return, isn't it?

Old 01-10-2018, 05:30 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,800,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I knew she was. I used to listen to her on an Air America radio show she had years ago. She had a way of educating and providing background history for the various topics that would make a drive from Seattle to Portland fly by. We saw this during the Japan tsunami too when she went into depth each night about the nuclear reactor rods, how they're built and what the damage meant.

Her show is great....so informative, and great guests!

Old 01-10-2018, 05:36 AM

29,786 posts, read 18,645,912 times
Quote:

Trump's TV Nemesis
By Janet Malcolm

I enjoyed her crybaby rant after Trump won. Otherwise, she's a mean and hateful person (like most libs).

Old 01-10-2018, 05:42 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,265,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I enjoyed her crybaby rant after Trump won. Otherwise, she's a mean and hateful person (like most libs).
"Mean and hateful?" You only say that because she has a depth that is based on factual information and the ability to put it together so people can understand complicated issues that often make Trumpettes look like kindergartners playing in the sand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies