Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 01:53 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,505,823 times

Advertisements

We dont hate liberals. We understand them and respect their differences of opinions.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:58 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,030,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Money spent on killing the “other” is money well spent.
Just remember - the same right-wing extremists who honestly think everything from the FDA to the EPA are "useless" and who believe there should be no gun laws are the SAME people who think the government should be used to enforce religious beliefs by monitoring the bedrooms and temples for the "wrong" kind of sex and religion. Hypocrisy, thy name is conservative, and there is nothing more pathetic than a right-winger wanting to burn the world down because of his first-world problems of paying taxes and having to live in the same city with gays, blacks, and Muslims. Oh, the horror!

As for the OP's specific question, hatred is a key part of the tribal conservative mindset. You are either completely "for" everything they believe in, or you are completely "against" everything they support - that is their world view. This is why you can't have an intelligent conversation with them about any deep points, and why they honestly think nutty things like, "if you hate Trump, you must love Hillary." Hatred, stemming from fear and ignorance, is a prime motivator in the right-wing party.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:10 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,493,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Just remember - the same right-wing extremists who honestly think everything from the FDA to the EPA are "useless" and who believe there should be no gun laws are the SAME people who think the government should be used to enforce religious beliefs by monitoring the bedrooms and temples for the "wrong" kind of sex and religion. Hypocrisy, thy name is conservative, and there is nothing more pathetic than a right-winger wanting to burn the world down because of his first-world problems of paying taxes and having to live in the same city with gays, blacks, and Muslims. Oh, the horror!

As for the OP's specific question, hatred is a key part of the tribal conservative mindset. You are either completely "for" everything they believe in, or you are completely "against" everything they support - that is their world view. This is why you can't have an intelligent conversation with them about any deep points, and why they honestly think nutty things like, "if you hate Trump, you must love Hillary." Hatred, stemming from fear and ignorance, is a prime motivator in the right-wing party.
Really? I recall a few posters here rip on Bernie supporters and blaming them for Trump for not voting for Hillary... Want me to dig that up?

How about your Hypocrisy rambler? I asked specifically for your insight on how I would address taxes and all you had to say was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
There's a reason the OP is on my ignore list. Too many right-wing rants, and anyone who opens a thread with "liberals" in the title isn't interested in an honest, factual conversation anyway.
And you never commented there either...

Old 01-12-2018, 02:12 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Really? I recall a few posters here rip on Bernie supporters and blaming them for Trump for not voting for Hillary... Want me to dig that up?

How about your Hypocrisy rambler? I asked specifically for your insight on how I would address taxes and all you had to say was

And you never commented there either...
Ouch. Rambler needs some burn ointment.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:18 PM

33,300 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Man by nature is greedy and more so as he gets more. Taxes help all - some have a problem with their thought patterns. Few years back all those conserves found themselves in a dust bowl with skinny cows - no complaining then - before we go pointing fingers to whom govt helps take s history class . I’m still in PR. People still have no power or water in many places . Just read in CA mudslides - so don’t help them??
You obviously don't know any wealthy people who were raised with a 'modern' sense of noblesse oblige.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How does the society help the rich to achieve wealth?

When you buy something from me, you aren't helping me. You actually get something from me that is more valuable to you than to me.

Think about that for a second. If the thing you buy from me is less valuable than what you have paid for, you would be pissed off and feel like being cheated.

So, you get something more valuable. How does that "help" me?
I think it's reasonable to imagine that BornintheSprings is thinking about Elizabeth Warren's 'You didn't build that' speech.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:26 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,493,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Ouch. Rambler needs some burn ointment.
I seriously wanted to know if democrats/liberals would have supported a tax system that would be friendly to business ONLY if the business was friendly to its employees removing the need for welfare and hand outs, for a hand up... Quick run down.
No more need for a college education as employers would train on the job.
Lower or no taxes on a corporation/business/industry that has and proves 100% legitimate citizenship workforce.
Pays for employee training, certification, licensing etc. in the field they go into.
No more need for visa holders no more need for illegals.
Putting Americans first. Even gave examples of what I would do with Detroit and Chicago.

Leroi was the only one who really commented and I answered their questions.

Rambler just made a feeble assumption that I was looking to stir the pot or insult them. And obviously did not put me on ignore... Nor offer any discussion on what I had proposed.

Rambler just likes to throw the victim card and make alot of noise before reading what others write.
Pays to assume doesn't it?

Old 01-12-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The only time I’ve seen charging stations was in Austin at the HEB in Lakeway.

I hope to eventually have the money to justify buying a Tesla. That new Roadster 2 is going to be insane.
0 - 60 in 1.9, a 8.9 quarter mile and supposedly a top speed of around 280. Insane.
The garage behind Market Street (with the bridges that connect to the building that houses Cinemark at Market Street) in The Woodlands has a few charging stations.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
A serious question for Mr. BorninheSprings; Why do you blindly swallow the attractive (to those of your persuasion) that there is a huge conspiracy between "big business" and the military to silence all dissent? "Conservatism" is nether monolithic, nor as committed to blind authority as you imagine it to be.
Re the bolded, that view may have come from reading lots of Old Gringo's posts .

Old 01-12-2018, 03:36 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,937,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Re the bolded, that view may have come from reading lots of Old Gringo's posts .
The view comes from reading conservative opinions online seeing policies enacted that they want and chatting with conservatives in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.