Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 10:14 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
first off you do realize that most of us conservatives are all for alternatives for energy right? but we also realize that RIGHT NOW full electric cars are NOT completely viable. yes there are cars like the tesla that are changing that issue, but you forget that if we were to add 10 million electric cars to the market place, the strain on the electric grid would be unsustainable.
Alternative energy goes beyond electric cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
we push for all, or as many, forms of energy as possible.
But prioritize fossil fuels. That's a big difference between the two camps.

Most in US say alternative energy takes priority over fossil fuels | Pew Research Center

Old 01-10-2018, 10:15 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,439,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Serious question. Why do conservatives hate liberals so much? SpaceX, for example, has saved the tax payers billions of dollars by presenting a much cheaper alternative to launch stuff into space than what NASA has been working with.

I bring this up because I have friends who drive tesla cars. They keep getting ICEd (internal combustion engine cars parking at charging stations). Why don't conservatives understand that electric cars need electricity just as much as gasoline cars need gasoline? Whenever this is brought up, almost always the conservatives who drive huge SUVs would come and say they hate liberals so they purposefully park at these charging stations. Why don't they understand that electric car people are just trying to get home just as much as everyone else? True story. I was driving my company Tahoe yesterday trying to get home when the low gas light turned on and I had to stop at a gas station to fill up. Had all the gas stations been filled up with electric cars, I would have been super annoyed. Worse, I could have been stuck on the highway while just simply trying to get home.

It's not just the charging stations. All over this forum, if you go through the threads, the disdain from conservatives for liberals is definitely noticeable. Why?

I have never met another liberals like myself that hate conservatives. I have met plenty of conservatives, though, that are self-described haters of liberals .

Am I the only one picking up a pattern here?
Because Liberals hate everyone not like them that's why. Who would like someone who thinks they are the gifts to the world and know everything about everything and are ALWAYS right? I hate those people myself and would walk right over their dead bodies.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:15 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Why do conservatives hate liberals?

They embrace what is harmful and evil and try to normalize it.

I don't know who hates them. I don't. I do know they need to be stopped.

Evil being described in a general context, is the absence or opposite of that which is described as being good.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:17 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Alternative energy goes beyond electric cars.
NNOOOO!! really?!?!?!? you wouldnt kid me on that would you? go back and look at my posts on energy, you will find i am one fo the biggest supporters of alternative energies, pretty much ALL of them.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:18 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why do conservatives hate liberals?

They embrace what is harmful and evil and try to normalize it.

I don't know who hates them. I don't. I do know they need to be stopped.
And what would those harmful and evil things be?

Old 01-10-2018, 10:20 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,501,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If you "hate" ANY group, time to sit yourself down and figure out what your real problem is.
Mild "hate" or disliking a particular group is perfectly normal IMO. It's likely reflective of our own insecurities as humans, and those insecurities are completely rational insofar as politics are concerned. If one group threatens to change your way of life, you have every reason to feel threatened and insecure about your future.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:25 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Mild "hate" or disliking a particular group is perfectly normal IMO. It's likely reflective of our own insecurities as humans, and those insecurities are completely rational insofar as politics are concerned. If one group threatens to change your way of life, you have every reason to feel threatened and insecure about your future.
Republicans and democrats have come and gone, and basically my way have life has remained the same.

I know a lot of people THINK if "X" just gets into office, my life will change!!!! Yeah, probably not much. But that's the game they sell you, and some go all in buying the message.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-10-2018, 10:39 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,161,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Serious question. Why do conservatives hate liberals so much? SpaceX, for example, has saved the tax payers billions of dollars by presenting a much cheaper alternative to launch stuff into space than what NASA has been working with.

I bring this up because I have friends who drive tesla cars. They keep getting ICEd (internal combustion engine cars parking at charging stations). Why don't conservatives understand that electric cars need electricity just as much as gasoline cars need gasoline? Whenever this is brought up, almost always the conservatives who drive huge SUVs would come and say they hate liberals so they purposefully park at these charging stations. Why don't they understand that electric car people are just trying to get home just as much as everyone else? True story. I was driving my company Tahoe yesterday trying to get home when the low gas light turned on and I had to stop at a gas station to fill up. Had all the gas stations been filled up with electric cars, I would have been super annoyed. Worse, I could have been stuck on the highway while just simply trying to get home.

It's not just the charging stations. All over this forum, if you go through the threads, the disdain from conservatives for liberals is definitely noticeable. Why?

I have never met another liberals like myself that hate conservatives. I have met plenty of conservatives, though, that are self-described haters of liberals .

Am I the only one picking up a pattern here?

LIBS are known for one thing in DC.......Schumer/Pelosi lemming speed bumps.......not ONE proactive thing done only for the good of the country.......whine endlessly.......

Old 01-10-2018, 10:45 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If you "hate" ANY group, time to sit yourself down and figure out what your real problem is.
Russia!

Old 01-10-2018, 11:01 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
And what would those harmful and evil things be?
Tell us what their message and platform is and there position on any issue. There you have it.

Anything that comes out of their mouth is game even when they disagree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okiT70GZHAg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies