Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 08:58 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times

Advertisements

Serious question. Why do conservatives hate liberals so much? SpaceX, for example, has saved the tax payers billions of dollars by presenting a much cheaper alternative to launch stuff into space than what NASA has been working with.

I bring this up because I have friends who drive tesla cars. They keep getting ICEd (internal combustion engine cars parking at charging stations). Why don't conservatives understand that electric cars need electricity just as much as gasoline cars need gasoline? Whenever this is brought up, almost always the conservatives who drive huge SUVs would come and say they hate liberals so they purposefully park at these charging stations. Why don't they understand that electric car people are just trying to get home just as much as everyone else? True story. I was driving my company Tahoe yesterday trying to get home when the low gas light turned on and I had to stop at a gas station to fill up. Had all the gas stations been filled up with electric cars, I would have been super annoyed. Worse, I could have been stuck on the highway while just simply trying to get home.

It's not just the charging stations. All over this forum, if you go through the threads, the disdain from conservatives for liberals is definitely noticeable. Why?

I have never met another liberals like myself that hate conservatives. I have met plenty of conservatives, though, that are self-described haters of liberals .

Am I the only one picking up a pattern here?

Old 01-10-2018, 09:02 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
...............I have never met another liberals like myself that hate conservatives...................
WHAAAT??!!

Where the hell have you been?

And who the hell are you, who assumes that only liberals drive Teslas?

Old 01-10-2018, 09:03 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Yeah, you statists really should get along better.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:04 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
WHAAAT??!!

Where the hell have you been?

And who the hell are you, who assumes that only liberals drive Teslas?
Well, conservatives have always been about against anything other than oil. Drill baby drill. Remember? It's not that much of a leap in logic to assume that they hate the electric car and the further development of it.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:10 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
The words “liberal” and “conservative” are becoming almost meaningless when it comes to actual policy, as the words mean different things to different people.

The words are basically just tribal identity markers at this point. Liberal means you live in a coastal city, shop at Whole Foods and drive a Prius; conservative means you live in a rural area, shop at Wal-Mart, and drive a Ford F-150. Other than that, the terms “liberal” and “conservative” mean nothing.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:11 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
I have no problem driving an electric-powered car if it functioned as well as a gasoline-powered car. Who cares what the source of power is?

But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:13 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The words “liberal” and “conservative” are becoming almost meaningless when it comes to actual policy, as the words mean different things to different people.

The words are basically just tribal identity markers at this point. Liberal means you live in a coastal city, shop at Whole Foods and drive a Prius; conservative means you live in a rural area, shop at Wal-Mart, and drive a Ford F-150. Other than that, the terms “liberal” and “conservative” mean nothing.
You have a good point. Why else am I called a Communist because I think we should fund education and infrastructure improvements?

Old 01-10-2018, 09:18 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Well, conservatives have always been about against anything other than oil. Drill baby drill. Remember? It's not that much of a leap in logic to assume that they hate the electric car and the further development of it.

Let's be fair, they're also for increasing an already bloated military budget. The 'less government spending' crowd just can't seem to make the connection that the military IS government.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:21 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
Quote:
Serious question. Why do conservatives hate liberals so much? SpaceX, for example, has saved the tax payers billions of dollars by presenting a much cheaper alternative to launch stuff into space than what NASA has been working with.

I bring this up because I have friends who drive tesla cars. They keep getting ICEd (internal combustion engine cars parking at charging stations). Why don't conservatives understand that electric cars need electricity just as much as gasoline cars need gasoline? Whenever this is brought up, almost always the conservatives who drive huge SUVs would come and say they hate liberals so they purposefully park at these charging stations. Why don't they understand that electric car people are just trying to get home just as much as everyone else? True story. I was driving my company Tahoe yesterday trying to get home when the low gas light turned on and I had to stop at a gas station to fill up. Had all the gas stations been filled up with electric cars, I would have been super annoyed. Worse, I could have been stuck on the highway while just simply trying to get home.

It's not just the charging stations. All over this forum, if you go through the threads, the disdain from conservatives for liberals is definitely noticeable. Why?

I have never met another liberals like myself that hate conservatives. I have met plenty of conservatives, though, that are self-described haters of liberals .

Am I the only one picking up a pattern here?
You libs are such easy targets.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:23 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Let's be fair, they're also for increasing an already bloated military budget. The 'less government spending' crowd just can't seem to make the connection that the military IS government.
Money spent on killing the “other” is money well spent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies