Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 06:07 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times

Advertisements

I told you guys days ago when you first started these threads that Trump's lawyers would likely not agree to an interview.

Most lawyers will not allow their clients to talk to the FBI, that's pretty standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 06:08 PM

3,325 posts, read 1,959,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Because he’s under investigation.
Under investigation for what exactly? For hiring Russian hookers to pee in obama’s bed?

The left is grasping at straws as this “investigation” winds down to nothing.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:21 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
Mueller: did you say X
Trump: Nope, never
Mueller: watch this video of you saying X
Trump: did i say X? i don't know..... some people say i said X, some are good people but not all....maybe... but they say i said X. i don't know.
Too funny.

Remember when Trump said he couldn't recall claiming he had one of the world's "all-time great memories."

In a deposition for a Trump University lawsuit, Trump said that he doesn't recall claiming to have one of the world's greatest memories.

"I don't know. Did I use that expression?" Trump asked. When told he had used the phrase, the billionaire asked to see evidence that he had said it, being told there was video of his remark.

"Did I say I have a great memory or one of the best in the world?" Trump asked for clarification, to which he was told he'd said he had "one of the best in the world."

"I don't remember saying that. As good as my memory is, I don't remember that, but I have a good memory," Trump responded.

"So you don't remember saying that you have one of the best memories in the world?" Forge asked.

"I don't remember that. I remember you telling me, but I don't know that I said it," Trump continued.

Trump can't recall saying he has one of the world's best memories | TheHill

The transcript reads like a Monty Python skit.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:24 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Why would he have a meeting about Russian collusion when there was none... I would not give it a second of any worth... Mueller has run out of people to investigate and decides to stage a crime and hoping somebody messes up by talking... no thanks...
Mueller is hoping against hope an interview with Trump might yield a poor choice of words or some verbal slip up by the president which might necessitate prolonging the investigation. We are getting to the point of semantics in the absence of real solid evidence as the last remaining chance to get at Trump. If this was all happening in a third world country, there would be outrage and rightly so. We need to put an end to this sham of an investigation while we still have some respect left within the international community.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:27 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Lol! That's rich.

He has no idea how any of this works.
He's the President. No interview. That's how it works. Any issues, come see me or one of my pals.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:29 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Mueller is hoping against hope an interview with Trump might yield a poor choice of words or some verbal slip up by the president which might necessitate prolonging the investigation. We are getting to the point of semantics in the absence of real solid evidence as the last remaining chance to get at Trump. If this was all happening in a third world country, there would be outrage and rightly so. We need to put an end to this sham of an investigation while we still have some respect left within the international community.
Exactly, I wouldn’t play the game further when I already won... Mueller is fishing at this point when he got nothing... he can’t fish if you don’t give him a pole, no interviews... finish it Mueller...

Old 01-10-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
He's the President. No interview. That's how it works. Any issues, come see me or one of my pals.
Or could check with the SCOTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I think it would be good if Trump outright refuses. Then Mueller can subpoena him. Luckily, Republicans opened the door to this when Starr subpoenaed Clinton. Clinton lost his appeal to the Supreme Court, which ruled that a sitting President can be compelled to give testimony.

Should be fun.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:31 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Under investigation for what exactly? For hiring Russian hookers to pee in obama’s bed?

The left is grasping at straws as this “investigation” winds down to nothing.
You’re right. I’m sure Trump only fired the people investigating Russian interference in our election because he has nothing to hide.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:32 PM

Trump claims that he can give classified information to Russian spies because he's the President.

He claims that he doesn't have to follow the Constitution because he's the President.

We'll see if Mueller buys that line.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:33 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
This is a thread why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies