Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 01:47 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,811,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Don't blame the people. This is one of a number of things that the people running the show want us to be ignorant about.
I blame the people on the basis of personal responsibility. Not that hard to understand. If you don't understand how something works, then learn. If you choose not to, that's not anyone's problem except your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 01:49 PM

18,803 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Without the Fed, who would set the interest rate?
It would have to be someone or other agency/committee in Gov't. Probably Congress. And then what will happen when Congress can now set the interest rates and create all our money?

Old 01-11-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I blame the people on the basis of personal responsibility. Not that hard to understand. If you don't understand how something works, then learn. If you choose not to, that's not anyone's problem except your own.
Is there a difference between personal and national responsibility? Personal and national debt?

Old 01-11-2018, 01:51 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
The responses in this thread just tells me people doesn't know how the banking system really works (and therefore the economy). How about you peeps take the time to learn before you start busting out with threads like this?

Oh that's right, Americans hate education. If only we could tax stupidity up the arse, I will vote in favor, to save ourselves the effort and pain.
Because you disagree or agree with the way it works, means you are uneducated? One who complains about people that are uneducated shouldn't condemn others without explaining why they are wrong.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Is there a difference between personal and national responsibility? Personal and national debt?
In relation to the context of this thread? At this point, the question really becomes do you want our free market system to work anymore.

Personal responsibility, national responsibility is secondary at this point. See the magnitude of what you're talking about? If you don't, then learn why it's such.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Because you disagree or agree with the way it works, means you are uneducated? One who complains about people that are uneducated shouldn't condemn others without explaining why they are wrong.
To make such a thread with such a suggestion? It's pretty obvious no thought was given. So why should I spend my time to educate others? You know, there's this thing called college that people will spend easily 1 year learning all the nitty gritty details of the banking/financial system or heck, spend 2 years like I did and get a specialization on top of your BS/BA.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:00 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
To make such a thread with such a suggestion? It's pretty obvious no thought was given. So why should I spend my time to educate others?
I can contribute by saying you don't as you can not. Both of our statements hold equal weight.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
In relation to the context of this thread? At this point, the question really becomes do you want our free market system to work anymore.

Personal responsibility, national responsibility is secondary at this point. See the magnitude of what you're talking about? If you don't, then learn why it's such.
If you think in libertarian madness that a free market should be totally free. I do not.

Otherwise I will continue to learn about our modern money and money systems and prosper.

Some one or some thing has to create and manage our money.

A public bank would be something that could benefit many people.

https://ellenbrown.com/2017/05/17/if...dit-so-can-we/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx5Sc3vWefE

Old 01-11-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can contribute by saying you don't as you can not. Both of our statements hold equal weight.
Lol....

Then let me give you some context.

Remove the Fed = Remove all forms of loans (all types of credit), financial institutions (and therefore, banks, brokerage firms, insurance, etc..), all types of capital, all financial instruments considered "investments" (i.e. equity, bonds, mortgages, etc.).

Old 01-11-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
If you think in libertarian madness that a free market should be totally free. I do not.

Otherwise I will continue to learn about our modern money and money systems and prosper.

Some one or some thing has to create and manage our money.

A public bank would be something that could benefit many people.

https://ellenbrown.com/2017/05/17/if...dit-so-can-we/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx5Sc3vWefE
The banking system creates money, through something called Fractional Reserve Banking. The regulations are set by the Fed. The Federal Reserve (Monetary Policy) along with Fiscal Policy (Taxation/IRS, etc..) manages our money.

Public banks will only work if there's a lot of small ones, not 1 giant one. That's a different topic. We're talking about The Fed itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies