Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 09:04 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
unnamed sources, naturally. sorry, only from the wapo at the moment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.a9d4c019c289
There's a reason those countries are ****hole countries, the people....if we bring those people here, our country will become a ****hole.....it's pretty simple.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
A smarter person would have used a better argument ipso facto you are in the class of people who are threatened by high-achieving immigrants. It's not the doctors and lawyers who are threatened by immigrants. It's the barely-achieving types who are. And you can spot the types who are barely achieving by the way they put thoughts together.
So, let me get this straight. I wrote something that you didn't like, which at least contained an argument, and you proceed to sputter out two angry insults.

Instead of responding in kind, I give you a chance to clarify and all you can do is repeat both insults rather than to explain with a cogent a detailed refutation of my prior argument.

Let me be more specific. Tell me exactly how "the way that I put my thoughts together", other than that my thoughts disagree with your thoughts, places me in that category that you look down on.

Here, I'll repost what you said to me:

Quote:
Your first sentence already outed you as one of the native-borns whose clock is getting cleaned by these immigrants. You're a lost cause. Hopefully one of these immigrants can tutor your kids to be better.
So, again, tell me exactly what was wrong with my first sentence and first sentence only; which you can find re-posted later below for your convenience. Tell me precisely what was wrong with my first sentence, that caused you to reply with "hopefully (sic) one of these immigrants can tutor my kids to do better."

Notice that I'm not insulting you in kind. I'm merely holding you to task for your anger and insults that are causing noise in the discussion, because they are absent any actual argument.

Second, below, I'll repeat what I said to give you another chance. Then we can all watch as you state something equivalent to "dumb" and "you are", again. Here you go:

Quote:
Except that if that was true, then those immigrants wouldn't need to come here. This isn't magic dirt. The people who you claim are "hard workers" are coming to gain from the surplus jobs, economy, and, well civilization of the people who you claim "can't compete". If and when those people who "can't compete" move away from those "hard workers", the "hard workers" will follow those who "can't compete".

If the people who "can't compete" were "losing out on college admissions" to the kids of the "hard workers", then their schools wouldn't be lost causes (everyone knows it but can't admit it lest they get scolded), they wouldn't need affirmative action, they wouldn't need a dumbing down of curriculum in general to include gifted programs.
Last, I'll now refute your shaky argument in your last paragraph:

Quote:
It's not the doctors and lawyers who are threatened by immigrants. It's the barely-achieving types who are.
That's untrue. Want to know how I know? High achieving doctors and lawyers largely don't live in communities populated by these immigrants nor their "high achievers", unless they are forced to in a city.

Anti-immigration sentiment is about much more than wages and labor. Culture and communities matter, and the hard fact is that the communities change where these people settle and that makes them long-term unlivable for most people who are not them.

Second, those "barely achieving types" exist in every society, to include where your beloved immigrants come from, and don't deserve your scorn. In fact, by your definition that sets the standard at doctor and lawyer (that you mention "lawyer" tells me that you don't know what you are talking about in regard to the job market and wages), that would include 95% of people.

They are our citizens, and don't deserve to have their wages undercut by foreign labor. Domestic naive-born labor is fair game in the market, but importation of labor undercuts the supply and demand balance that these individuals may have otherwise planned on when planning their existences. Moreover: the immigrants are not filling a market hole for most things that they do, they only serve to drive down wages for the benefit of employers.

According to your logic, we should allow for complete open borders because the labor supply does not matter in regard to wages; or that we are justified in devaluing our working classes. Those assumptions are also false.

Personally, I don't have any real competition for my job, and none from foreign labor. Zero. Their accents actually prevent them from doing my job, let alone the general absence of graduate school in a challenging science discipline in their community.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:09 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
“Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

Haha. People from Norway don't want to move here--they have a great country and are very happy. The US is a ***** country to them.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:09 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
All the leftists are moving to those lovely countries... wait, they don’t even want to move to Canada as they promised!

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 01-11-2018 at 09:33 PM..

Old 01-11-2018, 09:11 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
“Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

Haha. People from Norway don't want to move here--they have a great country and are very happy. The US is a ***** country to them.
Yep, because we've imported too many people from ****hole countries.

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
Maybe what I'm about to write will make someone's day. If it does, I am sorry for you.

I'm a grown man, almost 60 years old. I proudly served in this (My? Not sure anymore) country's military during the Iran Hostage Crisis in 1980. I, and many of those I served with, were either from or descendants of people from what the POTUS today called "****hole countries." This brought tears to my eyes.

President Trump, I am ashamed of you.

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Yet his base and supporters don't even realize that the POTUS calling other place *****oles is not doing anything to MAGA. The rest of the world is looking at him like dude, wtf?

Old 01-11-2018, 09:13 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Do none of these GOP congress members have kids?? Grandkids?? Do they think it is OK for the sitting president to say ****hole? Do trump voters think it's OK for their kids to say ****hole? Just wondering.
Ever been to Haiti? I have and it is exactly as described.

America already has enough uneducated idiots.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:14 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
well he is right, if were going make america great again, why do we need human sponges from ****hole countries, just future welfare queens.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:14 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I think it would be great if Lester Holt came on the news tonight and quoted him verbatim. If the FCC doesn't like it, tell 'em to talk to their boss about it...
He did exactly that on NBC News tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies