Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 03:49 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just curious.....what do you say when she says "I don't know how I'm going to be able to afford day care and go back to work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
What does your question have to do with murdering a baby in the womb?
Sophiasmommy. Open your eyes not all pregnant woman have an ideal life or even a good life. Not being able to care for a baby or later a child is one reason women have abortion

Old 01-12-2018, 03:52 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
What does your question have to do with murdering a baby in the womb?
A lot. I explained it earlier. It should be obvious though.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
"Those are really good questions. Let's talk about and figure it out together."
Are either you or Knopp dealing with an unwanted pregnancy? If not nothing to discuss. The choice is the woman who is pregnant

Old 01-12-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Distractors.

Absolute distractors.

All those issues apply to EVERYONE.
I sometimes think that pro-choicers sometimes post as pro-lifers to make them look bad. No pro-lifers that I know would post what you just did.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:59 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Sophiasmommy. Open your eyes not all pregnant woman have an ideal life or even a good life. Not being able to care for a baby or later a child is one reason women have abortion
I know it is, that doesn't make it right. People kill for all kinds of reasons.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:00 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
My uterus applies to EVERYONE!! Who knew?
Murdering the baby inside your uterus is a human rights issue, nothing more,nothing less. It is barbaric and a scourge on the inhumanity of mankind.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
"Those are really good questions. Let's talk about and figure it out together."
We shouldn't be talking. We should be doing.

The reality is we are not going to make all abortions illegal ever. It doesn't matter what I think, that's the reality.

With that being the reality we should try and lessen as many of the reasons a woman aborts as we can.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:02 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I saw the other cigarette question thread and thought this was an equally curious question.

Smoking cigarettes while pregnant is obviously harmful to the baby...
  • Lower the amount of oxygen available to you and your growing baby
  • Increase your baby's heart rate
  • Increase the chances of miscarriage and stillbirth
  • Increase the risk that your baby is born prematurely and/or born with low birth weight
  • Increase your baby's risk of developing respiratory (lung) problems
  • Increases risks of birth defects
  • Increases risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome

With regards to the baby, the result from abortion is the result you are trying to avoid with smoking. Why is abortion OK?

Wait, hold on while I bang my head against my desk for a minute.................

There, that's better. Are you really serious about this question ? I swear , where do some of you come up with this stuff ?

Old 01-12-2018, 04:02 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
So when a pregnant mother asks if you want to feel the baby kick.....

So when people ask the expectant parents if they have name for the baby yet.....

So when friends and family of the expectant mother throw a baby shower.....

So when the expectant parents by a baby name book.....

You really haven't thought this one through much, have you?
Women who are not going to carry their pregnancies to term won't get asked those questions, because there isn't going to be a baby. And since the majority of abortions take place in the first trimester, they won't be showing, no one will be throwing a baby shower for them and the embryo won't be doing any kicking.

For women who are carrying to term, there will be a baby at the end of the process, so those are all appropriate reponses.

Any other stupid questions?

Old 01-12-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
If, as a female you make good choices, you have better outcomes. That is my point.

If you make bad choices, you have bad outcomes.

If women only bad attention to good men, how quickly would the bad men shape up? If they KNEW that was the only way to get a woman's attention? Would they suck it up and start behaving better? Probably.

If you are a good person with self respect in a relationship with a man who also has self respect and respects YOU, and you get pregnant, you are in a good situation with a good man.

If you date and marry a jerk, you get a jerk for a boyfriend/husband/father. We all have choices. And women truly hold the cards.

Crap happens. I get that. But if you surround yourself with good people, guess what, BETTER OUTCOMES.

You can say it's not that simple, but I disagree. NO one advises women to date *losers*, right? So why do they? Self respect.
Quote:
One issue that I have never understood when this topic is discussed is that most do not want to discuss the reasons WHY women choose to have abortions and try to solve those reasons.

Never.

Why is that? If you don't want to stop all abortions, don't you want to stop SOME? Or do you want to encourage women to have more?

Wouldn't you rather women took more control of their lives in choosing better partners, waiting to have sex if they are unsure or if the guy is a jerk, and having the self respect to understand their own worth that they deserve a GOOD man?

I have such a hard time understanding the mentality that absolutely refuses to see this and instead clamors for more and more abortions. It makes no sense. It's like using two buckets instead of one when bailing out a boat instead of plugging the hole itself.
You want every one to live by your moral code. It doesn’t work like that. You’re mad cuz some women date jerks. Don’t here you say a word about men behaving badly. There are always going to be people who make bad choices and for various reasons. Why don’t men use birth control. They don’t why. They push it off on the women. Men need to mind their own sperm. And we won’t have as many men moaning about paying child support. Or skipping town and being dead beat dad. Your post works well for men. Pick better partners and use your own bc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies