Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Donald Trump a racist?
Yes 259 55.34%
No 209 44.66%
Voters: 468. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 07:47 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
IMHO he is a chameleon that loves people who are rich and powerful.
I am getting that sense too.

I also think he despises the little people, whomever they happen to be, even the supporters who come to his rallies.

He gets off on being able to get these people to lick his boots.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:19 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
So let's look at the running Trump tally:
Mexicans - "rapists"
Haiti and Africa - "****holes"
Women - "nasty" and "disgusting"
Sen Warren - "Pocahontas"
Pres Obama - said he was not born in the USA
Muslims - ban them
KKK and Alt-Right - "very fine people"

See a pattern here?
You are twisting words again. He said that about illegal immigrants, NOT Mexicans themselves. And the rest of what you said is ridiculous that I am not going to bother elaborating on them.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:23 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Name your favorite Republican civil rights leader of the last 100 years.

Yeah, me neither.
MLK Jr.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Funny that he was never called "racist" until he ran for POTUS as a Republican. I think its the liberals who are calling him racist just because he is a Republican. When has he ever said anything racist? I don't care about the whole Haiti comment, if it was a country full of whites he would say the same thing.

I am just going to leave you with this.
https://i.imgur.com/3FSkrwv.jpg

http://thefederalistpapers.integrate...TrumpJesse.jpg
Clearly someone didn't do their due diligence before the election.

"Over the next decade, as Donald J. Trump assumed an increasingly prominent role in the business, the company’s practice of turning away potential black tenants was painstakingly documented by activists and organizations that viewed equal housing as the next frontier in the civil rights struggle."

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/u...race.html?_r=0

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...d-history-race

Old 01-12-2018, 09:31 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Typical liberal nonsense.

He only became a racist when he decided to run for president.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:32 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,030,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Typical liberal nonsense.

He only became a racist when he decided to run for president.
Did you seriously not read any of the supporting evidence? Trump's been a racist pig for years - way before he ran for office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/u...sing-race.html

http://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald...racism-quotes/

Old 01-12-2018, 09:37 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,221,847 times
Most people don't even know what "racist" means. Even CNN doesn't know.

They just like to throw the word out there as a verbal hand-grenade.

Its really just a slur that is levied against anyone with whom a commie/liberal disagrees.

Pathetic, really...that the left abuses the language because its arguments and ideology is defective - all it can do is attack its opponents.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Clearly someone didn't do their due diligence before the election.

"Over the next decade, as Donald J. Trump assumed an increasingly prominent role in the business, the company’s practice of turning away potential black tenants was painstakingly documented by activists and organizations that viewed equal housing as the next frontier in the civil rights struggle."

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/u...race.html?_r=0

Even if they did do that, what's the problem? People should be allowed to rent their property to whoever they want, for whatever reason they want.

I have no problem with private "discrimination". As long as its not imposed by the government, why should anyone care how other people manage their own property?

State discrimination is a problem, and we still have that today....which is truly disgusting.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Give some examples of this opinion.
Trump is the personification of racist, calling the countries of origin for many visible minorities **** holes and calling for more Norwegian immigrants while calling for the ousting of Haitians from America.
NNG if you cant see the racist in trump you are living in the same deluded world he lives in.
This is nonsense. Nothing racist about acknowledging that some countries are crappy because they were produced by defective and inferior cultures. What has race got to do with that?

Look, a lot of nations, the people/culture there have never produced a single thing of any value to humanity. Collectively they have contributed nothing to the advancement of human civilization, and their countries are a mess: chaotic, poorly organized, dangerous, unhealthy - these places are this way because of the PEOPLE that live there and produce this environment, not because of something intrinsically wrong with that location.

Haiti is a prime example of a ____hole country. That's just reality. Why would we even CONSIDER an immigrant from a place like that? What are they going to offer the US? They don't have a good educational system, so they can't produce the kinds of graduates we might possibly be able to use to fill some kind of technical gap that can't be filled by one of the 300 million Americans we already have, they have no major tech companies, no national laboratories or research centers that produce scientific innovations, from which we could pull globally renowned researchers and PhDs....so where is the "value add"?

Other nations are the product of advanced civilizations, and have significant capabilities in innovation and research - and they may have some useful people that could fill in where there might not be an available American in that field of expertise.

There is nothing "racist" about rejecting the former and approving of the latter.

There is no reason why we as Americans need to import any foreigners in the first place. But if any are brought in, they should be the BEST that humanity has to offer, not the worst.

That is the point.

Last edited by phantompilot; 01-12-2018 at 10:02 AM..

Old 01-12-2018, 09:57 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sure, it's a great idea!

We could compare things Trump said with things Obama said and determine which one is more racist.

I'll start...

"That's just how white folks will do you."

~ Barrack Obama

Your turn.....
Here's the FULL quote:

"At least on the basketball court I could find a community of sorts, with an inner life all its own. It was there that I would make my closest white friends, on turf where blackness couldn’t be a disadvantage. And it was there that I would meet Ray and the other blacks close to my age who had begun to trickle into the islands, teenagers whose confusion and anger would help shape my own.
“That’s just how white folks will do you,” one of them might say when we were alone. Everybody would chuckle, and my mind would run down a ledger of slights: the first boy, in seventh grade, who called me a coon; his tears of surprise (“Why’dya do that?”) when I gave him a bloody nose. The tennis pro who told me that I shouldn’t touch the schedule of matches pinned to the bulletin board because my colour might rub off; his thin-lipped, red-faced smile – “Can’t you take a joke?” – when I threatened to report him.

That’s just how white folks will do you. It wasn’t merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn’t know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn. White folks. The term itself was uncomfortable in my mouth at first; I felt like a nonnative speaker tripping over a difficult phrase. Sometimes I would find myself talking to Ray about white folks this or white folks that, and I would suddenly remember my mother’s smile and the words that I spoke would seem awkward and false. Or I would be helping Gramps dry the dishes after dinner and Toot [his grandmother] would come in to say that she was going to sleep, and those same words – white folks – would flash in my head like a bright neon sign, and I would suddenly grow quiet, as if I had secrets to keep.

Later, when I was alone, I would try to untangle these difficult thoughts. It was obvious that certain whites could be exempted from the general category of our distrust: Ray was always telling me how cool my grandparents were. The term white was simply a shorthand for him, I decided, a tag for what my mother would call a bigot. And although I recognised the risks in his terminology – Ray assured me that we would never talk about whites as whites in front of whites without knowing exactly what we were doing. Without knowing that there might be a price to pay. But was that right? Was there still a price to pay? That was the complicated part, the thing that Ray and I never could seem to agree on."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.