Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 10:31 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,862,153 times

Advertisements

University of Maryland hospital apologizes for its failure to discharged patient found on street in hospital gown - Baltimore Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIPmlcbFuTs

It is very interesting and sad how big cities like Baltimore have lost any sort of moral compass at all. Nothing more than a hyper-competitive grind to save a few pennies at all costs even if it means dumping severely vulnerable older people on the street on a very cold winter's night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ioFsksmLg

He said "It was a difficult day". Translation "Got caught doing what we usually do to save money, so I can make myself look good"

I guess that the hospital was alerted that they did have a private insurance cash-cow, so the doctors and nurses on duty were upset that the couldn't milk any money out of the vulnerable patient for their lavish lifestyles, so they decided to dump her on the cold streets of rough Baltimore in the middle of the night.

Always interesting when a government hospital that should be serving all when they are most vulnerable gets caught for something that likely happens very often.

I am sure that the only reason Dr. Suntharalingam Mohan, Masters of Business Administration who runs the hospital cares is because of the negative attention that his taxpayer-subsidized state-owned medical center is getting after the video went viral for the world to see.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 01-11-2018 at 11:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 10:33 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,783,284 times
It's sad, but it has nothing to do with "Baltimore values." This happens all over the country.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:46 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,862,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
It's sad, but it has nothing to do with "Baltimore values." This happens all over the country.
It sure does. Hopefully, the patients are smart and go to each and every emergency room until they are taken care of.

https://www.hhnmag.com/articles/5010...-one-you-think

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-hospital.html

I am sure that it was a very, very common for patient dumping to occur. The hospital executives, doctors and nurses that get lots and lots of taxpayer money though like to ignore it to make the financial numbers look good.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:50 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
University of Maryland hospital apologizes for its failure to discharged patient found on street in hospital gown - Baltimore Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIPmlcbFuTs

It is very interesting and sad how big cities like Baltimore have lost any sort of moral compass at all. Nothing more than a hyper-competitive grind to save a few pennies at all costs even if it means dumping severely vulnerable older people on the street on a very cold winter's night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ioFsksmLg

He said "It was a difficult day". Translation "Got caught doing what we usually do to save money, so I can make myself look good"

I guess that the hospital was alerted that they did have a private insurance cash-cow, so the doctors and nurses on duty were upset that the couldn't milk any money out of the vulnerable patient for their lavish lifestyles, so they decided to dump her on the cold streets of rough Baltimore in the middle of the night.

Always interesting when a government hospital that should be serving all when they are most vulnerable gets caught for something that likely happens very often.

I am sure that the only reason Suntharalingam Mohan, Masters of Business Administration who runs the hospital cares is because of the negative attention that his taxpayer-subsidized state-owned medical center is getting after the video went viral for the world to see.
Baltimore has been Democrat for years. Don't blame the Republican Party. (BTW, I'm not a fan of the current system either. I think insurance companies should be done away with and go back to dealing directly with the hospitals and doctors. Throw out all the middlemen!)

Old 01-11-2018, 10:53 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Baltimore has been Democrat for years. Don't blame the Republican Party. (BTW, I'm not a fan of the current system either. I think insurance companies should be done away with and go back to dealing directly with the hospitals and doctors. Throw out all the middlemen!)
Is there nothing you won't politicize?

Old 01-12-2018, 12:02 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Hospitals are run by Republicans. These actions are actually everything the GOP has said they stand for at every GOP convention since 1996.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:05 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Is there nothing you won't politicize?
It's honestly pathetic, isn't it? The whole OP hints at the same. Don't you people have better things to do with your time than perpetuate this blue vs. red states BS?

Old 01-12-2018, 01:29 AM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Hospitals are run by Republicans. These actions are actually everything the GOP has said they stand for at every GOP convention since 1996.
Is there nothing you won’t politicize?

Old 01-12-2018, 01:44 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
What a terrible, sad, video. This poor woman, obviously distressed, dumped on the streets. There is nothing more that I can say than that.

The City on a Hill huh? Time America looked after it's own, instead of worrying about what's going on in Syria, and all the other money pits it throws taxpayers money away in.

Just shocking.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:03 AM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times
What a horrible hospital, this is not acceptable behavior. Our huge county hospital is majority nonpaying patients and it doesn't patient dump. The University of Maryland Hospital sounds like a hellhole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies