Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 06:27 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollies37 View Post
I hate that my grandkids will know we elected a racist monster name Barack Hussein Obama

TWICE
Either a delusional poster or troll?

Pick one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 06:30 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Their thinking just shows how we ended up with Trump in the WH. The worse he gets, the better they like it. To them, the government and establishment are the enemies, and Trump is their weapon of choice.

You and I may not understand it, but their anger and unhappiness is so deep seated that it makes perfect sense to them.
Don, the question what should be asked, is why are so many Americans angry and unhappy? Why did they vote for such a man as Donald Trump? How fed up are so many citizens, and why is this so? I'm a foreigner, on the outside looking in......... do you know?

This is my take on it from the media, and city-data.

They're fed up of illegal immigration.
Fed up of a broken health system.
Fed up of poor paying jobs.
Fed up of ever rising rents.
Fed up of self seeking crooked politicians.
Fed up of America being taken advantage of.

They were looking for someone, anybody to shake the system up. That's why they voted for Donald Trump. If they don't get the change they seek, then they will look for someone else to do it next time. They don't want a movie star, or a television star, they want someone with the guts to really put Americans first.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:33 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,247 times
I'm ashamed of our media and corrupt politicians who refuse to concede defeat on anything... they MUST have things their way, and will exploit every legal loophole in the book to make sure it happens. As for the media, it is disturbing to me how easily people are swayed by what they see/read/hear in the news and from public opinion. There's very little critical thinking taking place...

These are problems far bigger, IMO, than Trump or any other politician for that matter.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:33 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Don, the question what should be asked, is why are so many Americans angry and unhappy? Why did they vote for such a man as Donald Trump? How fed up are so many citizens, and why is this so? I'm a foreigner, on the outside looking in......... do you know?

This is my take on it from the media, and city-data.

They're fed up of illegal immigration.
Fed up of a broken health system.
Fed up of poor paying jobs.
Fed up of ever rising rents.
Fed up of self seeking crooked politicians.
Fed up of America being taken advantage of.

They were looking for someone, anybody to shake the system up. That's why they voted for Donald Trump. If they don't get the change they seek, then they will look for someone else to do it next time. They don't want a movie star, or a television star, they want someone with the guts to really put Americans first.
This is a really good post. We all were fed up and Hillary was so unlikable that the lesser of two evils won. Incidentally, Trump is only doing what he said he would before being elected. Yes, he has no diplomacy, but the voters knew that already.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:38 AM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candalf View Post
A national leader should represent the best of the nation they are leading. Trump represents the absolute worst of America. Are there parents who see the likes of Trump, lustful, stupid and bullying, as the role models for their sons?

I am deeply ashamed of today's America- no sane person can be proud of it in its present state. I am not ashamed of being an American, though, because a decisive majority of Americans did not vote for this ignoramus and the despicable characters that surround him. We fell victim to an archaic and undemocratic system of elections and that is the one reason I am not disgusted with my American citizenship. I take comfort in knowing that Most of my fellow citizens are better than this.

I think there is still hope for this country but it will not shine until the dark underbelly, known as "Trump's base", is denounced on every street and in every corner, denounced loudly and clearly. Every child in every school must be taught how this ignorant and hateful movement came about and what the fallacies in its thinking are. That must be taught like we teach basic English or Math. I know it will happen and that knowledge keeps me inspired. Germany did it, Italy did it, Spain did it and so shall we.

Let all of us who still remember the words "decency", "humanity" and "knowledge" do everything within our ability to peacefully un-elect all members of Trump's party and place it in the trash bin of history where it duly belongs! If we don't do it, then who will?
Would you rather have a leader that looks good at world conclaves, but gets nothing done for his country? There are leaders who put the "world" first, see Should U.S. Put Its Interests Before "World" - Examples Jerusalem as Capital, Paris Accords?

Old 01-12-2018, 06:42 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,203 times
Im ashamed and embarrassed about my fellow American Liberals being crybabies. Stop it already!

Old 01-12-2018, 06:45 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Except that those wars are being expanded again under Trump and the killing of civilians is more indiscriminate than ever. And just wait until he starts his own new war...its coming soon.
Good, population needs to be reduced.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:46 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
You're free to leave. Who's stopping you?

I agree with the President. I guess in your view, that makes me "the worst of America." I'm one of Hillary's "deplorables," a comment which none of you got outraged about. Was calling half of America "deplorable" less "diplomatic?" I don't think so.

President Trump expressed what most Americans feel about the kind of people we are allowing into this country. Immigrants should be those who can contribute something of value. Instead, we are bringing in drug dealers, gang members, etc., and then allowing them to bring in others like them (chain migration). This must stop. Period.

I stand with the President.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:48 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The irony of this coming from a Trump supporter. Trump who disdains democratic institutions, admires dictators and autocrats, like Putin, colluded with a foreign power to influence the election, hates the freedoms the Constitutions give us, engages in constant lies and misinformation and has more in common with Hugo Chavez and Juan Peron than he does with Lincoln or Reagan.
Are we talking about Obama? Because you perfectly described that idiot. In fact, here is a pic you might find interesting

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...sLlo-uiUtP2jVA

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-12-2018 at 08:04 AM..

Old 01-12-2018, 06:52 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Im ashamed and embarrassed about my fellow American Liberals being crybabies. Stop it already!
Who's crying?

Libs are powerless and irrelevant.

GOP controls everything.

Carry on.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies