Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 08:04 AM

393 posts, read 409,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Feel free to leave
Echo statement. Just leave, go to a "sh*thole country if you hate ours. I doubt he really said this, sounds made up to me, more fake news. But really, why do we have to take all these other people in when we have work to do here. Think of Chicago, Baltimore, LA, for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 08:06 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krug View Post
Echo statement. Just leave, go to a "sh*thole country if you hate ours. I doubt he really said this, sounds made up to me, more fake news. But really, why do we have to take all these other people in when we have work to do here. Think of Chicago, Baltimore, LA, for example.
absolutely, you get your own house in order before branching out and then when you do, you pick and choose wisely.

You want people who are going to contribute intellect to the U.S.
Our school programs are a joke....

Personally, if you come to this country, I want people to fear breaking the laws....I want prisons that are not nice places to go and live.

Do you know where I live, our prisons are so nice, which is a joke, people commit crimes just to get off the streets in the winter. Pathetic.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:08 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candalf View Post
A national leader should represent the best of the nation they are leading. Trump represents the absolute worst of America. Are there parents who see the likes of Trump, lustful, stupid and bullying, as the role models for their sons?

I am deeply ashamed of today's America- no sane person can be proud of it in its present state. I am not ashamed of being an American, though, because a decisive majority of Americans did not vote for this ignoramus and the despicable characters that surround him. We fell victim to an archaic and undemocratic system of elections and that is the one reason I am not disgusted with my American citizenship. I take comfort in knowing that Most of my fellow citizens are better than this.

I think there is still hope for this country but it will not shine until the dark underbelly, known as "Trump's base", is denounced on every street and in every corner, denounced loudly and clearly. Every child in every school must be taught how this ignorant and hateful movement came about and what the fallacies in its thinking are. That must be taught like we teach basic English or Math. I know it will happen and that knowledge keeps me inspired. Germany did it, Italy did it, Spain did it and so shall we.

Let all of us who still remember the words "decency", "humanity" and "knowledge" do everything within our ability to peacefully un-elect all members of Trump's party and place it in the trash bin of history where it duly belongs! If we don't do it, then who will?
Waa! Pwesident Twump said a dooty woood. Waa!

Old 01-12-2018, 08:18 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you better believe it. the thing is, people who feel like this are in abundance, however, they don't go in and announce it on forums, they don't take polls, etc. They are very quiet about their political affiliation.

Trump was our hope, and while he was running, I questioned his validity, b/c we'd been lied to so many times before....however, years ago, I did want him to run, and told my husband over and over again, he would most certainly get us out of debt.

and you are correct, we are fed up...we're fed up b/c we were raised differently...we were raised by parents who NEVER spent money they didn't have.....we were raised to believe if you didn't work for something you didn't get it. Also, back in that world of mine, when I married my son's father, trust and a hand shake meant something. We got married, went to the local mom and pop furniture store and bought 3 rooms of furniture on a hand shake...meaning we put money down and promised to pay the rest off. There was nothing written up on our loan. Honestly was a valuable commodity. Yes, there was crime, but there was great respect for the police and first responders.

We didn't yell and scream in doctors offices, we were taught to whisper in public if we wanted to say something. We were NOT allowed to run around stores...and our teachers believed, if we dressed like little ladies and gentleman we acted like ladies and gentleman.

If we didn't follow the rules, in school, we went home and got a beating...yeah, we were spanked, so what? I'm so darn glad we feared consequences for our actions. And so glad I grew up when I did.

All these young people today, know nothing about politics except what their college professors and the media feeds them and our media over here in the U.S. lies like a rug....and thru their teeth.
We were raised to respect others. Role model Trump disrespects almost everyone except himself, Ivanka and Jared. His rudeness is beyond crass and boorish--it is cruel and spiteful. Role model Trump dresses like a gentleman, but acts like thug. Role model Trump believes rules and laws are for other people--not him. Role model Trump lies 85% of the time.

The media doesn't come close to lying like Trump. If role model Trump could be held accountable for every stupid and dishonest thing he says, it would matter, but he's not--the GOP makes excuses for him, other people are scape-goated, his words are reinterpreted and translated by the following--he's held accountable for nothing and he is enabled to continue acting like he was brought up in a barn, so, naturally he's lowering standards (as well as the bar) and setting bad examples for everyone. Nobody should be surprised when their kids imitate Trump--they think he's a role model. There is an entirely new class of bully (sorry 'young people') being enabled and raised en mass with this pathetic excuse for a president around.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:29 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
"yawn". more rants from the elitist left. The same people who threaten to leave the country over Trump are the same ones who wouldn't dare move to these same "sh*t holes" as Trump allegedly put them. Dear, many of these countries are just that. And they are that way because of their corrupt leadership. Please educate yourself.
Indeed--what happened to the tired old liberal mantra of "They come here for a better life"? If these places are such paradises?

Old 01-12-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
We were raised to respect others. Role model Trump disrespects almost everyone except himself, Ivanka and Jared. His rudeness is beyond crass and boorish--it is cruel and spiteful. Role model Trump dresses like a gentleman, but acts like thug. Role model Trump believes rules and laws are for other people--not him. Role model Trump lies 85% of the time.

The media doesn't come close to lying like Trump. If role model Trump could be held accountable for every stupid and dishonest thing he says, it would matter, but he's not--the GOP makes excuses for him, other people are scape-goated, his words are reinterpreted and translated by the following--he's held accountable for nothing and he is enabled to continue acting like he was brought up in a barn, so, naturally he's lowering standards (as well as the bar) and setting bad examples for everyone. Nobody should be surprised when their kids imitate Trump--they think he's a role model. There is an entirely new class of bully (sorry 'young people') being enabled and raised en mass with this pathetic excuse for a president around.
you know nothing, you've researched nothing, all you know is what your being fed by the Media, you won't even allow anything positive about him in...and yes, I saw repubs do this with Obama, and here in lies the downfall of America....

and no, he doesn't lie 85% of the time....again, you want so much to believe he is a bum, you'll grasp at anything to believe it, and it doesn't take much....

The media has been lying to you for years...years....

Trump is not a role model when it comes to manners for certain, he isn't a role model when it comes to making unfiltered comments, but, what he said he was going to do, he is doing, like it or not....

Kids aren't imitating Trump, kids are imitating their parents...but you weren't even able to grasp that.

Liberals spend so much time calling anyone who doesn't agree with them names, that kids, pick up on this...and that is why there is so much bullying going on in School. It isn't from Trump....

If you were raised to respect others, than you'd understand....but you don't.

Who does Trump disrespect? Give me some feedback, instead of pointing fingers of blame and lies....

liberals are quiters if they can't get they're way. They have no concept of give and take, and some times you gotta lose to win.

sometimes laws may not always seem fair but they are there for a reason.

Every single clip I've seen except one, where police officers were arresting criminals, were right to do so....but hey, they are racist. But when someone of a different race shoots a police officer, no one says a word.

That is the media and the hype they spew.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:32 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I'm not ashamed of America. I'm just embarrassed by our President.
Obama was a total embarrassment. He is still embarrassing our country doing things I think is traitorous. Our president should not be bad mouthing our country.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Obama was a total embarrassment. He is still embarrassing our country doing things I think is traitorous. Our president should not be bad mouthing our country.
watch late night TV and watch how they continually mock Trump, however, they didn't do that when Obama was our President. Did they?

Yes he was, and I'm so so sorry I believed him and even voted for him in his first term. In his first 4 years, he doubled our debt.

But what he and Hil did with Benghazi, was the worse. They had the nerve to stand up and lie to the American people telling us, it was all about a protest. Well, protesters do not use rocket launchers do they?

Obama was narcissistic, and so was his wife, they actually believed you have to tell people what foods they should eat...pathetic.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:39 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
I'm not ashamed of America, just the people that run it.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:39 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candalf View Post
A national leader should represent the best of the nation they are leading. Trump represents the absolute worst of America. Are there parents who see the likes of Trump, lustful, stupid and bullying, as the role models for their sons?

I am deeply ashamed of today's America- no sane person can be proud of it in its present state. I am not ashamed of being an American, though, because a decisive majority of Americans did not vote for this ignoramus and the despicable characters that surround him. We fell victim to an archaic and undemocratic system of elections and that is the one reason I am not disgusted with my American citizenship. I take comfort in knowing that Most of my fellow citizens are better than this.

I think there is still hope for this country but it will not shine until the dark underbelly, known as "Trump's base", is denounced on every street and in every corner, denounced loudly and clearly. Every child in every school must be taught how this ignorant and hateful movement came about and what the fallacies in its thinking are. That must be taught like we teach basic English or Math. I know it will happen and that knowledge keeps me inspired. Germany did it, Italy did it, Spain did it and so shall we.

Let all of us who still remember the words "decency", "humanity" and "knowledge" do everything within our ability to peacefully un-elect all members of Trump's party and place it in the trash bin of history where it duly belongs! If we don't do it, then who will?
A drama queen post that never once mentions policy. It's always about policy,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies