Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 10:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
IMO, people like Trump, Hillary etc, have never had to struggle for anything or do any sort of work that made them break a sweat. And they will never know so they all assume that people who are fleeing these countries are the worst of the worst that's NOT they want a better life for themselves. And who wouldn't?
Can tell me that you would try to move some place better if you came from one of these place.
And what Trump said was this " He said I ASSUME some are good people." This nation was built BY those who came from other countries.
I want a better life and wonder if liberals would subsidize my moving to a mansion in their neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 04:18 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I want a better life and wonder if liberals would subsidize my moving to a mansion in their neighborhood.
If you wanna get out of the ghetto, you just need to work harder. That’s my advice to you sir.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:45 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Next time, consider voting smartly.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Or that!!

Old 01-15-2018, 10:05 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
This liberal worked fifty years to earn what he has, and advises that you do likewise. A hand up is not a handout.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:55 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
“People” means the poster himself.
This is the problem with posters who make wild statements without documentation besides their own imaginations. I would sincerely love to see research that opposes what I have already. Even in my sources there is disagreement, misspellings and phonetic spellings of places and tribes written down three or four hundred years ago that have to be further researched to confirm, and differing reports on various tribes that probably depended in large part on how the Indians were treated during the encounter. They were for the most part quite friendly and eager for company, and would share whatever they had, but they were not prone to accepting a lot of abuse from white men who looked down their noses at "savages".

In short, the poster missed an opportunity to educate and advance his theories in order to troll a post. Sad.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:17 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, they are nations with a lot of poverty and corruption. I don't think anyone denies that.

What civilized people are reacting to is that: (1) the President blanket-denigrating immigrants from these countries is unfair,
You might wanna brush up on your English. A person can't be a "****hole", a place could. People, place, get it? How would someone who almost died fleeing their country describe where they came from? Take your pick:charming, picturesque, beautiful, heavenly, gorgeous, peaceful or scenic. Let me think. Hmm, oh yeah, that's it. How about ****hole, or hellhole as the "outraged" senators used to call it before Trump.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:20 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
LOL.

TRANSLATION: Put thugs in power who will steal for you instead of from you.

Man you folks are addicted to government.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:49 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If Trump were wrong, then why don't all the Haitian refugees want to return back to their island? It is a sh*thole country where the only "nice" areas are the ones designated for tourism because tourism is such an important part of Haiti's economy... that an all the US dollars that the Haitians in America send back to their families.

And Africa is a sh*thole continent. Otherwise, why are so many Africans trying to escape to Europe? Instead, why don't Africans in crisis try to immigrate to a better African country? Or why doesn't some of the "successful" African countries open their doors to these African refugees?

In Africa, slavery and genocide are still being practiced. That and many parts believe witch doctors instead of real medicine (like in Zimbabwe where they persecute and kill albinos). Also, in Africa, they practice female circumcision, have child brides, and in the slums, women at night get raped in the public toilet buildings.

And Haiti and in African continent, the majority of the human inhabited areas do not have sewage systems, so yes, literally they are sh*tholes.

I would truly love for Haiti and the African continent to NOT be sh*tholes, and for their people to be happy, successful and staying in their own countries.
Many people in Africa live happy lives and do not want to come to the Europe and the United States.

Of course, it’s hard for people like you to fathom this fact. Same goes for the Caribbean islands and many parts of Asia and the Americas.

And no Africa is not a ****hole continent, even with the problems it has, it’s beautiful.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:53 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Trump said what most people including liberals think. My problem with it is he has a job to do and this harms him and his agenda. If he continues down this path of saying outrageous things and keeping the circus in town constantly I'll be ready for Mike Pence.
Many people who are well traveled and exposed to various cultures other outside of their own do not think like Donald Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies