Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 04:48 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

There are areas in the US, particularly in southern states, where raw sewage is spews out on open ground.

They may flush inside, but it all ends up on the ground just the same.

Then there are the overwhelmed sewage systems that overflow and contaminate city drinking water.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...health/405541/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 04:51 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
The Truth Hurts. It is nice to have a plain spoken, President who honestly speaks his mind. Obama could read a teleprompter, but what he said was anti American garbage. We have a pro American President now. If you don't consider him "your" President, that's fine. That means you'd rather live in places like Haiti, and reveals your true self.

I guarantee, behind closed doors like Trump was, Obama, Clinton, Carter, LBJ, and Kennedy said much worse.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:53 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What a sad state of affairs to see people making up any excuse to defend Trump's statements.

I support him but I certainly don't blindly support some of his statements.

What the hell does political correctness have to do with acting like a professional as a leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world?

How about, not saying stupid and reckless statements that could only be construed negatively around the world in the first place? So what if you average Joe's think Haiti and other African countries are shyteholes, there's no excuse for the president of the U.S. to be saying that.

Shame on some of you.
So telling the truth is bad? But Russia!!!! LOL!

Old 01-14-2018, 05:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
All Americans or their ancestors came to this country from a ****hole. Trump’s ancestors included. If any of your ancestors were from a halfass decent place, YOU wouldn’t be here. You’re here because your ancestors were trying to escape some dump where they couldn’t eek out a living, and were under the jackboot of rampant corruption.

None of you are an exception to what I said, so don’t even attempt to exclude yourselves or your ancestors. They all came from some version of Haiti or Mexico themselves.

So really, Trump is one to talk.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:18 AM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
That is laughable. The Amerindians were a dying, failed civilization. In contrast to this modern leftist kumbaya interpretation of them as a peaceful people, they were in fact brutally savage, fought amongst themselves, and atrocities of war and justice were routine.

They had 15,000 years of undisturbed solitude and what did they accomplish with it? Not a damn thing. They left nothing except some scratches in the rocks and some pottery. The most advanced managed to pile a bunch of rocks or mud bricks on top of dirt mounds to make some pyramidal temples. Whoop de doo. No STEM to speak of, extreme superstition/religiosity and essentially no understanding of the natural universe (which probably explains why they were chopping the hearts out of virgins and throwing babies off the temples and such stuff).

If the Europeans had never come to the Americas, they would either be in virtually the same condition or extinct.
I have done research on the origins of this country for years, specifically in the Southeast where I live, and am currently writing two books about it, one fiction, one novel. The Native Americans did indeed occasionally fight among themselves, but that was not their primary business as is that of the American government. As a whole they were quite content and thriving when the white man started to gain a foothold (at least around here), from the eyewitness accounts by John Lawson and William Bartram and the records of the governor's office in Charleston, where they were considered trading partners.

Being friendly to the invaders and beginning trade with them was the worst possible thing that could have happened to their civilization, which, BTW, was complete with religious observances, marriage, and an elaborate system of justice. They eventually became addicted to using tools and guns from the white traders, which were admittedly more efficient, but also had a downside. As the demand for beaver and deer skins grew, more and more of them were killed by both white men and Native Americans (much faster now, thanks to the proliferation of rifles), until it got to the point the Indians couldn't make a living any more because of the decimated populations of animals and complained formally about it to the governor's office. The wars that we know of between tribes here were primarily boundary disputes that escalated. The wars that were fought were with white men were justified because of White encroachment on Indian lands in violation of mutual agreements.

Please quote a source for your allegations or have it considered nothing more than your uninformed opinion.

Last edited by cuebald; 01-14-2018 at 06:37 AM..

Old 01-14-2018, 06:24 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
All Americans or their ancestors came to this country from a ****hole. Trump’s ancestors included. If any of your ancestors were from a halfass decent place, YOU wouldn’t be here. You’re here because your ancestors were trying to escape some dump where they couldn’t eek out a living, and were under the jackboot of rampant corruption.

None of you are an exception to what I said, so don’t even attempt to exclude yourselves or your ancestors. They all came from some version of Haiti or Mexico themselves.

So really, Trump is one to talk.
This.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:59 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have done research on the origins of this country for years, specifically in the Southeast where I live, and am currently writing two books about it, one fiction, one novel. The Native Americans did indeed occasionally fight among themselves, but that was not their primary business as is that of the American government. As a whole they were quite content and thriving when the white man started to gain a foothold (at least around here), from the eyewitness accounts by John Lawson and William Bartram and the records of the governor's office in Charleston, where they were considered trading partners.

Being friendly to the invaders and beginning trade with them was the worst possible thing that could have happened to their civilization, which, BTW, was complete with religious observances, marriage, and an elaborate system of justice. They eventually became addicted to using tools and guns from the white traders, which were admittedly more efficient, but also had a downside. As the demand for beaver and deer skins grew, more and more of them were killed by both white men and Native Americans (much faster now, thanks to the proliferation of rifles), until it got to the point the Indians couldn't make a living any more because of the decimated populations of animals and complained formally about it to the governor's office. The wars that we know of between tribes here were primarily boundary disputes that escalated. The wars that were fought were with white men were justified because of White encroachment on Indian lands in violation of mutual agreements.

Please quote a source for your allegations or have it considered nothing more than your uninformed opinion.
People a lot more educated on this than you and I have already established that Amerindian societies were unstable and in decline, due to cultural practices like cannibalism, polygamy, infanticide, animalism, lack of empathy, etc and so forth.

The fact is that "native American" cultures were an evolutionary dead-end. They were never going to be the future of humanity. Look at the Aborigines. What was their trajectory? A whole lot of nothing and nowhere...that's what. A dead end.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
People a lot more educated on this than you and I have already established that Amerindian societies were unstable and in decline, due to cultural practices like cannibalism, polygamy, infanticide, animalism, lack of empathy, etc and so forth.

The fact is that "native American" cultures were an evolutionary dead-end. They were never going to be the future of humanity. Look at the Aborigines. What was their trajectory? A whole lot of nothing and nowhere...that's what. A dead end.
So it’s okay to play God with another race or culture because you don’t think their evolutionary trajectory has any future value?

Maybe Al Qaeda should use that excuse for attacking our country!

Old 01-14-2018, 07:15 PM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:

"People" doesn't give me a lot to gp on. If you make a statement, you need data to back it up. I quoted mine. Please quote yours.

I have a 50,000 word timeline quoting nearly 200 sources that I'm working from. I would be very interested to see what I missed in my research.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
"People" doesn't give me a lot to gp on. If you make a statement, you need data to back it up. I quoted mine. Please quote yours.

I have a 50,000 word timeline quoting nearly 200 sources that I'm working from. I would be very interested to see what I missed in my research.
“People” means the poster himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies