Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 07:09 AM

1,400 posts, read 863,454 times

Advertisements

Are they all racist? How come none of them threatened to move to Haiti, or some other poor country?

Old 01-13-2018, 07:18 AM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Are they all racist? How come none of them threatened to move to Haiti, or some other poor country?
I'm still waiting for them to move after Bush won in 2000.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:20 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
You can't be a Democrat and not be a racist....they're synonymous.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:21 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Waiting for news about Cher’s imminent blastoff to outer space.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:03 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Maybe Haiti has a tough immigration policy; and they just found out Haiti does not want anything to do with them.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:07 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
A lot of celebrities, and other progressives SWORE they would move to Canada, or elsewhere after Bush, and Trump won. Of course they were all lying to just virtue signal to their ignorant peers. The U.S. is NOT Europe, and most of us don't want it to be Europe. We created this country to be different, and be freer than other countries.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:21 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
That is a good question OP.
The long list of celebrities that vowed to leave the states were heading to Canada, Europe, Australia, Mexico and in the case of Cher, Jupiter.
Not a single one opted to go to a third world country or as Trummp calls the ****hole countries.

I don't understand these people. America has given them everything yet they criticize it to death. I prefer action over words so why don't more of these "celebrities" go to these third world countries and help them build up their societies and spend their millions to get them up to American standards?

I don't know if they are racist but they certainly are hypocrites.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:21 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
I think Canada for free healthcare. Free tends to draw their attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Maybe Haiti has a tough immigration policy; and they just found out Haiti does not want anything to do with them.
I think the Clintons and the hurricane "relief" effort left a "bad taste in their mouth" when it comes to Americans coming into their country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
A lot of celebrities, and other progressives SWORE they would move to Canada, or elsewhere after Bush, and Trump won. Of course they were all lying to just virtue signal to their ignorant peers. The U.S. is NOT Europe, and most of us don't want it to be Europe. We created this country to be different, and be freer than other countries.
Interesting article on the subject: More Americans did not move to Canada after Trump's election - Business Insider Looked like only Canada, Ireland and New Zealand were looking for our rejects per the article. And little did most probably realize that per the article:

"However, becoming a Canadian citizen is an expensive, time-consuming process. Applicants must pony up more than $500 just to apply, and those who get accepted must have a sponsor, such as an employer or spouse, to vouch that the immigrant will be able to live comfortably."

Now, Ireland? Mostly Irish, myself, if I were younger, I would check that out! Nothing to do with who was elected POTUS, although if Hillary had been elected it would have required extensive disaster preparedness.

ADDING LIST OF THOSE THAT SAID THEY WOULD LEAVE: http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...y-if-trump-won and for those only interested in "stars" (I know some people's lives revolve around such things), this list: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...re-they-945888

Anyone that had a clue knew that these people were only trying to get their names in the headlines, "herd" mentality for the lesser.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:22 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is a good question OP.
The long list of celebrities that vowed to leave the states were heading to Canada, Europe, Australia, Mexico and in the case of Cher, Jupiter.
Not a single one opted to go to a third world country or as Trummp calls the ****hole countries.

I don't understand these people. America has given them everything yet they criticize it to death. I prefer action over words so why don't more of these "celebrities" go to these third world countries and help them build up their societies and spend their millions to get them up to American standards?

I don't know if they are racist but they certainly are hypocrites.
They are Racist Hypocrites.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:24 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Nope

Show us a link to the list, please............
10 stars who say they're moving to Canada if Donald Trump becomes president | Fox News

As usual, your post shows your unwillingness to do anything at all for yourself. But there's your link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies