Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 08:10 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,822,688 times

Advertisements

Well, the hospital could press charges against the patient after being caught with stolen hospital property.

Could take a coupla years to get into court.

The patient obviously took advantage of the hospital's patient hurt.

S'like the milk of . . . the . . . functional kindness . . . withof the . . . system.

The security guards were accomplitated.

Hey, I know sum-thing!

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 01-13-2018 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 08:11 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,714,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Eventually, a patient with no means of paying for services rendered will have to go. It's simple economics. Their families should take responsibility and quit expecting Uncle Sugar to solve everything. The end.
What should happen to all those Down Syndrome babies when they become adults and their parents die?

Old 01-13-2018, 08:14 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,147,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Did it have to end late at night, with her still wearing a hospital gown, and nothing else? Don't you think, ya know, dressing her at least, would have been a good idea?

Did you watch the video? You seem, from many of your posts, to have no human sympathy at all. This is from me, a quite right wing person. I do have a heart though.

I sure hope you are never mentally ill, like this poor girl. It does happen to about one in ten folks, to different degrees, I read somewhere. Let's hope it's never you huh?
No I didn’t watch it. Not interested because it’s not my problem.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No I didn’t watch it. Not interested because it’s not my problem.
Is this "Conservatism?"

Old 01-13-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Everything to you is about you and your pennies. There are far better ways to deal with the 'patient dumping' than how they did it Baltimore, and it doesn't have to hurt your precious money at all.
Bull, the hospital passes the bill to the city who passes it to the fed who pays using my money.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:17 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,470,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Is this "Conservatism?"
Why do you need to politicize this issue? Who cares why that poster feels the way he does? It's his opinion, not that of a political party. Focus.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
It becomes our problem when people don’t get proper care and take it out on others with mass shootings and other tragedies
No, wrong. I am not responsible for non-family members morally or financially. Go after the family and leave me out of it.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:18 AM

736 posts, read 351,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
So, you think this mentally ill young woman, was correctly dumped in the cold streets of Baltimore in her hospital gown? You believe this was right and just? I read a lot of your posts, and shake my head in amazement.

I'm not a liberal by any means.......not at all. But dumping an ill woman late at night on the street, seems a tad cruel, wouldn't you agree? In fact don't you think............ it's a little disgusting?

You seem to believe America is about sink or swim. Survival of the fittest. Let them die. Wow........ tell me again about that City on the Hill.
They dump her at night to avoid prying eyes. It was intentional. Nothing is going to change. No hospital will want a patient who can't pay the bill.

What government should do is repel the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act. That way hospitals aren't force to take in patients who can't pay the bills. The hospital doesn't need to shoulder the cost of patients who can't pay. This is partly why in other countries the cost of healthcare is cheaper. Only people who can pay get service.

Another cost reduction is the medicine. Here in United States drug companies hold a monopoly on drugs. If those drug companies were force to compete with all external companies, then the price of drugs would be reduce. In neighboring Mexico or Canada, the price of drugs is a lot cheaper for the exact same reason.

Placing no limits on the number of doctors that can graduate each year from a medical school will help reduce the salaries of doctors, which will reduce the cost of healthcare. Education will have to become cheaper and more accessible.

Last edited by NekoLogic; 01-13-2018 at 08:54 AM..

Old 01-13-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The mental health system in the US is a lottery and it often depends which state you reside in as to how you are cared for.

The irony is that those with severe mental illness can end up in the criminal justice and prison systems where it costs the US tax payer a lot more money to keep them than it would to just treat them in a hospital in the first place.

So it's really a false economy.
So true. This state became quite creative in how they dealt with the mentally ill:

Quote:
Faced with deep budget cuts, Nevada's main public psychiatric hospital has bused more than 1,500 patients from Las Vegas to other states during the past five years, a Sacramento Bee investigation has found.

Some patients apparently had no family in or connections to the 176 cities in 45 states where Greyhound buses deposited them after one-way trips from Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Hospital. About one third wound up in California.
Nev. buses 1,500 mental patients out of state since '08

Old 01-13-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Why do you need to politicize this issue? Who cares why that poster feels the way he does? It's his opinion, not that of a political party. Focus.
FYI, our healthcare system is one big political hot button and has been for years. Are you conservative? What is your opinion of a healthcare system that leads to inhumane treatment of the vulnerable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies