Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 08:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Is this "Conservatism?"
The answer to your question is Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No, wrong. I am not responsible for non-family members morally or financially. Go after the family and leave me out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 08:24 AM

18,337 posts, read 26,427,339 times
Quote:
Is this "Conservatism?"
The embodiment of the Ayn Rand philosophy the far right is widely embracing. It's all about "me" and screw everyone else, more or less.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:25 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,483,682 times
Quote:
FYI, our healthcare system is one big political hot button and has been for years. Are you conservative? What is your opinion of a healthcare system that leads to inhumane treatment of the vulnerable?
I am an independent. I've already voiced my opinion on this topic in this very thread. It's truly a bipartisan issue - one that both parties have successfully avoided dealing with for years. Trying to blame this problem on one party over another is just ridiculous. Both parties have had control over the decades and yet neither of them have dealt with it.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
They dump her at night to avoid prying eyes. It was intentional. Nothing is going to change. No hospital will want a patient who can't pay the bill.

What government should do is repel the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act. That way hospitals aren't force to take in patients who can't pay the bills. The hospital doesn't need to shoulder the cost of patients who can't pay. This is partly why in other countries the cost of healthcare is cheaper. Only people who can pay get service.

Another cost reduction is the medicine. Here in United States drug companies hold a monopoly on drugs. If those drug companies were force to compete with all external companies, then the price of drugs would be reduce. In neighboring Mexico or Canada, the price of drugs is a lot cheaper for the exact same medicine.

Placing no limits on the number of doctors that can graduate each year from a medical school will help reduce the salaries of doctors, which will reduce the cost of healthcare. Education will have to become cheaper and more accessible.

No, healthcare is more affordable and accessible elsewhere in the civilized world because it's considered a place for the government to be involved to better society. Instead of paying for healthcare plus big profits for private corporations they just pay for healthcare.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:28 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I am an independent. I've already voiced my opinion on this topic in this very thread. It's truly a bipartisan issue - one that both parties have successfully avoided dealing with for years. Trying to blame this problem on one party over another is just ridiculous. Both parties have had control over the decades and yet neither of them have dealt with it.
I thought the Democrats wanted a public option when they created the ACA. The public option would have provided a low cost alternative and competition to insurance companies to keep costs down. Why didn't the Republicans want the public option? I am guessing the insurance companies were in their back pockets.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No I didn’t watch it. Not interested because it’s not my problem.
Your posts would make great ad material for democrat campaigns.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:29 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,041,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Both America and England closed down the large mental hospitals decades ago. It was felt there were better ways of caring for the mentally ill. I personally, feel it was a mistake, but I understand the reasons it was done.

There are no votes in mental illness. It is the Cinderella service, underfunded here in England also. My sister has suffered with mental illness in the past, so I saw it close up.

The mental health service is part of the NHS. Patients are treated sympathetically, and looked after well. I saw the improvements made over many years here. Modern drugs have helped to control the symptoms, and many folks manage to live in society quite well.

I don't believe in molly coddling. I am not a Liberal shouting out for more and more money. But, I draw the line at putting a mentally ill person out on the streets semi naked. There is no defence for it, and no excuse. Just plain disgusting.
There's the difference between the US's healthcare for profit and Britain's NHS in a nutshell. The inhumanity of many right wingers here in America is beyond shameful.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:30 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,629,930 times
Get ready to dump grandma and your disabled loved ones out on the street! This new "health care" that Trump said was better, cheaper and covers everyone - doesn't. Especially Medicaid. I'll bet Trump and his buddies are investing in collection agencies!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...more-difficult

Now the forgotten man and woman are REALLY going to be forgotten! Watch the suicide and self medicate rates skyrocket - but you can feel better with that $5 extra a week in your paycheck.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:30 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,483,682 times
Quote:
I thought the Democrats wanted a public option when they created the ACA. The public option would have provided a low cost alternative and competition to insurance companies to keep costs down. Why didn't the Republicans want the public option? I am guessing the insurance companies were in their back pockets.
What option offered would solve the problem of discharging mentally ill/homeless people after a hospital stay?

Old 01-13-2018, 08:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
What option offered would solve the problem of discharging mentally ill/homeless people after a hospital stay?
My response was to this post of yours:
Quote:
"I am an independent. I've already voiced my opinion on this topic in this very thread. It's truly a bipartisan issue - one that both parties have successfully avoided dealing with for years. Trying to blame this problem on one party over another is just ridiculous. Both parties have had control over the decades and yet neither of them have dealt with it."
The Democrats did and have dealt with it only to be blocked and repealed by Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies