Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 06:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times

Advertisements

The Northeast and Northwest are the only parts of this country where people have any damn sense.

The rest of this country is still run by retrograde Bible thumpers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 01:50 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Don't tell Jeff Sessions, he'll send a goon squad.
That’s exactly what they want him to do. This is a major provocation. They want a showdown.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Marijuana never killed anyone. Opioids killed 63,000 in the US alone in 2016. Anyone can get opioids from a doctor or on the street. Children can easily find opioids at home or their grandparents home.
Why is it that our government vilifies a harmless plant that has wonderful medical uses, and yet allows opioids to be distributed like candy? It is very clear that big pharma is running the country through political puppets and their profit is more important than the lives of people.
No, you have it wrong, its the DEA and drug cartels that have the real power. Back in 2012 the DEA enacted new prescription drug laws that basically 'stole' all the opioid profits away from the big pharma companies and handed all that business over to the drug cartels (former pill addicts switched to heroin once doctors stopped writing scripts).

So you can see big pharma is not that powerful, not to mention, not a single pharma company tried to legally challenge the 2012 drug laws, this was at a time when opiates were flying off the shelves, addicts were willing to pay 100X the retail price, thats pretty clear how low on the totem pole they are.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:38 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Good to see states rejecting the fed guvs rule. Hopefully more to follow like dominos.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:10 AM

16,909 posts, read 10,580,649 times
Sad day for the good, law-abiding, family people in Vermont. I’m guessing most did not move there to live in Jamaica. Pot is not harmless, it kills users and bystanders alike, it has little medicinal value, and it’s sad that governments are now supporting drugs because they can get more tax revenue by becoming the dealer.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:12 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Sad day for the good, law-abiding, family people in Vermont. I’m guessing most did not move there to live in Jamaica. Pot is not harmless, it kills users and bystanders alike, it has little medicinal value, and it’s sad that governments are now supporting drugs because they can get more tax revenue by becoming the dealer.
all lies

Old 01-17-2018, 07:33 AM

16,909 posts, read 10,580,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
all lies
Lol. Nice retort. I have no interest in the issue as I don’t need drugs to live my life. I’ve posted endless evidence of people dying from pot (the recent sad story about the baby), the people who kill on pot (face eaters), the negative health impacts (scromitting), and many others. But no one needs to decide between me and high times magazine. Just look at countries with strong drug laws against pot (ie. Singapore) and countries with lax drug laws like the US. Compare their crime rates and get back to me.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:35 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Actually that's alcohol and opiates. You know, the legal ones...

Old 01-17-2018, 07:36 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Lol. Nice retort. I have no interest in the issue as I don’t need drugs to live my life. I’ve posted endless evidence of people dying from pot (the recent sad story about the baby), the people who kill on pot (face eaters), the negative health impacts (scromitting), and many others. But no one needs to decide between me and high times magazine. Just look at countries with strong drug laws against pot (ie. Singapore) and countries with lax drug laws like the US. Compare their crime rates and get back to me.
You mean like the crime rates in Mexico? The crime rates in the US during prohibition?

Somebody should drop you off in certain neighborhoods in our cities. You know what the #1 industry is in those communities?

Old 01-17-2018, 07:59 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,677 times
Quote:
If you want to live in Singapore, please go! I might even help by buying you the airline ticket.

In the meantime, this face-eating, scromitting baby killer will continue to enjoy watching freedom (slowly) spreading across this nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies