Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2018, 08:32 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I find it is really sad how low Trump has brought down public discourse. Trump engages in third grade taunts, elementary school bullying and juvenile name calling and his supporters repeat all of it. It is ironic that school yard taunters are being disciplined but adults since Trump's election use them with abandon. Truly sad.
And durbin has done his best to see that public discourse is brought down.

After we learn the discussion to which durbin refers was a swearing fest by all sides and most participants.

Durbin made it sound as if trump was the only one who spoke a discouraging word. Best publicized by taking his comments out of context.

This makes durbin look like a sneaky little weasel who he clearly is.

Then we have Corey booker engaging in a full on hysterical outrage rant in an audition for bigger and better acting roles. Right trump is bringing discourse down.

Flake is now living up to his name, another loser who can't see the fool he is viewed as by the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 08:43 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What's more offensive to me than the term President Trump is alleged to have used in regard to the origin of some so-called "dreamers," are Dick Durban's previous comments about U.S. troops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqIlXfkylD4
Nononsenseguy, Are you seriously defending these actions of our soldiers of which Senator Durban is referring to?

Quote:
Breaking chemical lights and pouring the phosphoric liquid on detainees; pouring cold water on naked detainees; beating detainees with a broom handle and a chair; threatening male detainees with rape; allowing a military police guard to stitch the wound of a detainee who was injured after being slammed against the wall in his cell; sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and perhaps a broom stick, and using military working dogs to frighten and intimidate detainees with threats of attack, and in one instance actually biting a detainee.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-at-abu-ghraib

Old 01-17-2018, 08:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
For some reason conservatives are choosing to slander Durbin as a way of proving that Trump didn't speak in those derogatory tones.

Well kids, Graham spoke up and confirmed Durbin may be a slime ball but so is our President.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:54 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
For some reason conservatives are choosing to slander Durbin as a way of proving that Trump didn't speak in those derogatory tones.

Well kids, Graham spoke up and confirmed Durbin may be a slime ball but so is our President.
What Trump allegedly said is the truth. I have NO problem if he said that. I don't necessarily believe Durbin though, as he has a history of lying.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:56 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

It's a weird non-denial denial.

They can't seem to decide if Durbin lied (note that the OP doesn't even know how to spell his name) and Trump never said it, or if Trump did say it but it's okay to be a racist piece of trash as long as it's behind closed door, and Durbin is wrong for not keeping his mouth shut.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:23 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, when you riot,loot and burn things down in the name of progressivism aka liberalism, when large groups physically attack others only due to what political party they belong to, when it's not safe on a college campus only for conservatives/republicans just because of their POLITICAL views etc,etc etc. that could lead one to believe there's some mental disorder involved or that it's a disease passed from person to person in large violent groups.

When you can't get through the first anniversary of the presidents election without screaming at the top of your lungs or break down in hysterical tears, when you need counseling or claim to have PTSD from a freaking election then yes, there is some truth to the idea of a mental disorder.

When you can't just walk by someone who's wearing a MAGA hat without slapping it or the person wearing it, when even a hat that LOOKS like it might be a Trump hat (even if it's not) forces you to break out your industrial size can of pepper spray to attack the person wearing said "offensive" headgear then yes, there is most certainly something mentally off with you.

When you can't even allow someone with divergent views sitting in the same school cafeteria as you without DEMANDING they leave as they're violating your safe space then yes, you have a mental disorder.

Normal people with a healthy mental status do not react as those described above.
Overblown rhetoric.

I've never rioted, looted or burned things down. But I've been called plenty of names by conservatives on this forum.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:31 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
I'm on the fence about what Senator Durbin did. That remark was made behind closed doors, and sometimes I think it should have stayed behind closed doors because of the damage it caused. On the other hand it brought to light disturbing behavior and the dismissive attitude by some republicans who would rather put party ahead of politics. These are not the people I would vote for. The only way we see who these people really are is if they are in the public eye, and not behind closed doors. The good, the bad , and the ugly. Kudos to Lindsey Graham for being honest.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:43 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Why do the anti Trumpers continue to describe people as being a Bigot. Or being a Narcissist, or a Blowhard....without even offering proof of the transgressions.

I believe that the news media and many here on CD that besmirch our President are contributing to the Coarsening of America Culture.

and stuff.
OK, in deference to jimj, I retract the word bigot. As for narcissistic blowhard:

- his first act as president was to falsely claim he had the biggest inauguration crowd in history
- he also falsely claimed to have the biggest electoral college win since Reagan
- "I know more about Isis than the generals"
- "I know the details of taxes better than anybody. Better than the greatest CPA."
- calls himself a stable genius. Did Einstein ever refer to himself as a genius?
- calls himself the least racist person. See above

The President makes fun of a disabled person. He brags about grabbing women by the genitals. He uses profanity to describe certain countries. But you think it is the media, not the President, that is contributing to the coarsening of culture?

Old 01-17-2018, 09:55 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What Trump allegedly said is the truth. I have NO problem if he said that. I don't necessarily believe Durbin though, as he has a history of lying.
What a joke, Durbin unlike the fat man, does not have a reputation for lying. ALL Trump does is LIE and he is LYING again!

Old 01-17-2018, 10:48 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Do you believe Graham?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies