Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 02:55 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
Yeah, saying 'we are an excitable bunch these days' is understandable, and monday morning quarterbacks are all to ready to say 'Ah, we knew it was a mistake' or whatever. When you wake up to emergency broadcasts on TV and warnings on your phone like
" Balistic Missile Threat Inbound for Hawaii, Take Immediate Shelter, This is Not a Drill'

Well, just think about that for a moment.......
Yeah, you take a moment but in this case it didn’t come over the tv, nor did tv break into any programming. Nor did our sirens blare. It was a text. Our state has dealt with disasters before if it was a real threat you wouldn’t be able to miss it. Then we would of been panicked for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 02:58 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
I see this as a good thing. Perhaps it made the old man poop his pants a little bit and reconsider not shooting his mouth off quite as much.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:00 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Last year, a radio signal spoofed our siren system. It was a Friday night around midnight, all 156 sirens blasted on and off for an hour and a half. At first, it was unnerving, but there was no need to call the President. There was a rumor that after a while some of the locals downtown turned it into a drinking game. Personally, I think that was a fake rumor.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:52 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Maybe Hawaii residents should blame the people who caused this... their own state government, and quit blaming Trump. God forbid anyone take responsibility for their own actions

Exactly my thoughts too. This was on a state level...not the federal government. I was wondering how long it was going to take for Trump to get blamed.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:14 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Exactly my thoughts too. This was on a state level...not the federal government. I was wondering how long it was going to take for Trump to get blamed.
https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/hawaii...-wrong-button/

Old 01-13-2018, 04:30 PM

1,022 posts, read 738,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Yeah, you take a moment but in this case it didn’t come over the tv, nor did tv break into any programming. Nor did our sirens blare. It was a text. Our state has dealt with disasters before if it was a real threat you wouldn’t be able to miss it. Then we would of been panicked for sure.
It did come over the TV. - Interrupted the basketball game. I'm sure quite a few people panicked. Maybe not you or I, but I did take whatever precautions I could think of. Not really a lot we could do though. Our state has dealt with a number of disasters as well as other states. We just kinda figured hitting a little dot of land in the middle of the ocean wasn't worth jumping out any windows.

Easy to say 'I wasn't scared' after the fact. It's the second warning we received that we got a little nervous, as in ' Balistic Missle Attack Imminent'. Did you receive that 2nd message ?

Old 01-13-2018, 04:40 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Last year, a radio signal spoofed our siren system. It was a Friday night around midnight, all 156 sirens blasted on and off for an hour and a half. At first, it was unnerving, but there was no need to call the President. There was a rumor that after a while some of the locals downtown turned it into a drinking game. Personally, I think that was a fake rumor.
Well, the north and south started talks, that messed up the whole escalation agenda. So a fake alarm will bring people at least in the u.s. back on track. Sort of like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This was a terrible mistake. But it clearly shows why we have to deal with North Korea now; instead of later. The more time that goes by; the more dangerous our adversary will become. Kim will starve his people to improve his armaments. If we do not de-arm him now future generations will pay the price. Whether it is negotiation, threats or an actual encounter; now is better than later - time is on Kim's side; not ours.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:24 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,257,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
A lot of people are posting on twitter. I'm hoping the system was hacked.
I bet the “Rocket Man” was scanning the horizon.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:32 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I bet the “Rocket Man” was scanning the horizon.
Lol... I bet he was too.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:34 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Man Obama will go to any lengths to get rid of people that might know about his birth certificate.

Or maybe he was thinking, "Hey, this way I can say it was lost in the fire."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies