Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 12:09 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Yes. Alan Dershowitz is Jewish. That's apparently an issue for you.
No the issue is Alan Dershowitz has a problem with America still being majority white western. That's apparently an issue for most Jews and liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 12:15 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No the issue is Alan Dershowitz has a problem with America still being majority white western. That's apparently an issue for most Jews and liberals.
Yes, it IS an issue for you. And, do know most Jews?

May I ask what your religious faith is, if any?

Old 01-15-2018, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Yes, it IS an issue for you. And, do know most Jews?

May I ask what your religious faith is, if any?
The issue is mass globalized immigration and anyone who supports it. I am not very religious but nominally protestant. Protestants I know are pro-Israel and pro-Jewish but some feel offended with the way it is returned. I don't need know everyone of a group. It's common knowledge that Jews are about 90% liberal and support mass globalized immigration.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:40 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
What? How are Jews relevant in this?

Old 01-15-2018, 11:18 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
And where did your ancestors come from? Why are you denying the same opportunities to new emigrants that were afforded to your ancestors?

LOL, you liberals would choke if today's immigrants encountered the same conditions immigrants encountered back in the 1800s and early 1900s.

Let's make a deal though: We'll keep letting the "wretched refuse" of the world (credit, statue of liberty for that description of European immigrants) if we do a few things:

1) Get rid of birthright citizenship that entitles children born here to automatic enrollment in government assistance programs;
2) Get rid of chain migration;
3) Get rid of welfare, foodstamps, the minimum wage and
4) Get rid of Universal education.

If you're for open borders, you cannot be for things like "environmental protection," "sustainable growth" or "economic justice and organized labor."

And if you think you can, you're naive.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:27 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
LOL, you liberals would choke if today's immigrants encountered the same conditions immigrants encountered back in the 1800s and early 1900s.

Let's make a deal though: We'll keep letting the "wretched refuse" of the world (credit, statue of liberty for that description of European immigrants) if we do a few things:

1) Get rid of birthright citizenship that entitles children born here to automatic enrollment in government assistance programs;
2) Get rid of chain migration;
3) Get rid of welfare, foodstamps, the minimum wage and
4) Get rid of Universal education.

If you're for open borders, you cannot be for things like "environmental protection," "sustainable growth" or "economic justice and organized labor."

And if you think you can, you're naive.
Back in the day of truly mass legal immigration there was no looking back. After paying for steerage transportation these people and families were without money to go back and forth. A telephone call or telegram cost, in today's dollars, probably $70 or more for three minutes. And going back to the "mother country" was definitely inadvisable.

So people went to night school to learn English, get a job, and become Americans. The jobs they took were initially not high-level or glorious. But they were jobs and their children were used to two parents, a father or both going to work in the morning. There were few if any social welfare benefits and even those were privately provided, by groups such as the Jewish Joint Distribution Committee.

Thus, second-generation people and even, in many cases first-generation immigrants rose rapidly through the system. Think Joseph Pulitzer.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:19 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
I would support a reciprocal policy...immigration from any country to the US must be exactly equal to immigration from the US to that country.

So if a Nigerian wants to come here, they have to wait until an American wants to go there.

That way immigration does not mess with the population. I'm not worried about it destroying our European culture, because the reality is Americans don't want to go to countries that are crappy. Americans really only tend to go to countries from which an immigrant to America really wouldn't pose much of a problem or threat.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
What? How are Jews relevant in this?
Jews agitate for mass immigration into Western nations yet have harsh restrictions on immigration to Israel - which is based on ethnic/racial qualification (you gotta be a Jew - they will even DNA test prospective immigrants to verify they actually are Jewish).

It is this hypocrisy that reveals the racial aggression and hostility behind Zionism and which powers a lot of the "Political Jew" identity - which is basically anti-American, anti-Western, and anti-white.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Did you just write a reasonable response? This does not belong in this topic! Only alternative facts and conspiracy theories allowed, rational thought is strictly forbidden
No he didn't write a reasonable response. He wrote a response based on cherrypicking and presented an "argument from anecdote". The truth is Nigeria is a dysfunctional mess like basically all African nations, and it is most definitely a sh thole nation. The coincidence that he has met a few of their most talented and brilliant people is not proof dis-positive of this reality.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I would support a reciprocal policy...immigration from any country to the US must be exactly equal to immigration from the US to that country.

So if a Nigerian wants to come here, they have to wait until an American wants to go there.

That way immigration does not mess with the population. I'm not worried about it destroying our European culture, because the reality is Americans don't want to go to countries that are crappy. Americans really only tend to go to countries from which an immigrant to America really wouldn't pose much of a problem or threat.
I've suggested something similar. I suggested the emigrating nation to the US offer legal status to an American. In lieu of an American wanting to accept legal status from the nation, the emigrating nation most offer immigration status globally to a willing taker before anyone can emigrate.

If America has to accept global immigration and become majority minority, then so does Africa, Latin America, Asia, Israel etc. I'm all about reciprocity and fair is fair. If it's good enough for America then it's good enough for every other country.

What I really want most of all is no new citizenship being given to immigrants and those not born to a US citizens. And any immigrant and long term visas reflect the national origins and demographics of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies