Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 02:09 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,586,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And who is going to pay for the increased deficit. Oh, our children and their children. What a legacy we will leave them
So, now that a tax cut comes along, you whine about the debt, but you said nothing while first Bush Jr. then Obama caused it to go up to $20 trillion.

BTW, I thought I heard the interest was nearing $1 trillion too. (I think it was $800 billion last I checked.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 02:12 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Then perhaps we should lower the minimum wage to $4 a hour so more restaurants can open up. Better yet why not legalized serfdom or wage slaves? As long as greedy bastards make money that is all that matters.
Yeah, the greedy bastards that put up all their money, hocked their home, spent their kids college money, and tapped their retirement fund to open the restaurant in the first place. Do you have any idea what a risk it is to open a business in a place like SF? None of those minimum wage dishwashers risked a damn thing other than turning off their smartphones long enough to do a job interview.

Personally I hope every small business "niche" food joint and ethnic restaurant in the bay area goes out of business because of the ridiculous economic fairyland you people live in. Then you can either eat big macs every day or starve to death.

By the way, serfdom and wage slavery is already legalized. It's called the US Tax Code.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:16 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,586,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Republicans in the last 50 years are just as guilty as the Democrats with flooding this country with cheap labor to keep down wages. Yet they complain now that people are trying to give the poor a boost with a liveable minimum wage.

At least the Democrats have partial excuses for their actions, most immigrants coming into the country will vote for the Democrats. For the Republicans, it is just electorally stupid so the only conclusion that the Republicans have not opposing the massive invasive until recently, not even when it is illegal, is PURE GREED.
You're right on that one. Eisenhower was the last one who did something and that was closer to 60 years ago. (Reagan was good but immigration was his weakest point as President, as even he admitted later.) The Republicans do it possibly for lobbying positions or other connections with corporatists. There is no other logical reason for doing it, unless they plan to join the Democrat Party and just rule as one party rule and stop pretending to be two different parties. That could be another electoral move on their part.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:21 PM

639 posts, read 376,006 times
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7d2a26d79712

It is frustrating so many are being so gullible.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:24 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah, the greedy bastards that put up all their money, hocked their home, spent their kids college money, and tapped their retirement fund to open the restaurant in the first place. Do you have any idea what a risk it is to open a business in a place like SF? None of those minimum wage dishwashers risked a damn thing other than turning off their smartphones long enough to do a job interview.

Personally I hope every small business "niche" food joint and ethnic restaurant in the bay area goes out of business because of the ridiculous economic fairyland you people live in. Then you can either eat big macs every day or starve to death.

By the way, serfdom and wage slavery is already legalized. It's called the US Tax Code.
Your hate for hardworking people is noted.

Sorry that the Bay Area is vastly more economically successful than just about everywhere else in the country.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:29 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
San Francisco metro area unemployment rate is a whooping 2.6%...Must be terribly difficult to find a job there when the liberals have ruined the job market by giving more leverage for the working class.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Your hate for hardworking people is noted.

Sorry that the Bay Area is vastly more economically successful than just about everywhere else in the country.
There is no hate here for hardworking anybodies. I'd be willing to wager that your yearly salary is a whole lot more than mine. It's just that I understand the idea that any small business that pays out more than it brings in isn't going to be in business for long. Seems like common sense to me. I also understand that some guy that starts off with a food cart on the sidewalk and tries to work up from there is not a millionaire and does not have a money tree growing in his backyard.

I used to live in the Bay Area. You could offer me ten million dollars tomorrow to go back and I'd say no thank you. I live in an area now that is being overrun by refugees from your wonderful Bay Area. It's the fastest growing area in the US and tops with "economic success." Frankly, I wish it were not successful so all your Bay Area angels would stay in the Bay Area. This place is turning into a ****hole just like the Bay Area.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:35 PM

8,114 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

Meanwhile in Dallas (Texas minimum wage $7.25 per hour) restaurants come and go ALL THE TIME. It is an ultra-competitive market, and it is very hard for independent places, once the novelty wears off.

So nice try.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Meanwhile in Dallas (Texas minimum wage $7.25 per hour) restaurants come and go ALL THE TIME. It is an ultra-competitive market, and it is very hard for independent places, once the novelty wears off.

So nice try.
Thank you for making my point for me. Appreciate it.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:41 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
San Francisco metro area unemployment rate is a whooping 2.6%...Must be terribly difficult to find a job there when the liberals have ruined the job market by giving more leverage for the working class.

How many of their homeless have jobs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies