Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 01:59 PM

183 posts, read 103,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Roy Moore is a pedophile. MLK had consensual affairs with adults. Apples and oranges.
Lol. King was a "reverend" had orgies with prostitutes and alleged underage girls, he had a love child outside of marriage and was a serial adulterer. Yes, guys like swaggart and Jim baker are forgiven by many but they arent given national holidays. Wasnt Swaggart defrocked by the Assemblies of God ?

There is alot of hypocrisy of how the white religious right is treated and the black religious left is treated when it comes to hypocrisy.

We have a national holiday to someone many people would never want as their reverend at their local church.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:05 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
He was covered over for 30 years and he wasn't just accused of "sexual harassment" like most all the others. He was accused of serially drugging and raping women. I can't imagine a white guy getting away with that for all those years.
Oh please you can’t be serious. We are just going to ignore all these me too allegations against white men who have been getting away with it for decades. Or woody Allen who continues to work even after marrying his young daughter or Polanski

Brock turner got 3 Months in prison for rape because the judge cared about his “bright future”.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:08 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero99 View Post
Lol. King was a "reverend" had orgies with prostitutes and alleged underage girls, he had a love child outside of marriage and was a serial adulterer. Yes, guys like swaggart and Jim baker are forgiven by many but they arent given national holidays. Wasnt Swaggart defrocked by the Assemblies of God ?

There is alot of hypocrisy of how the white religious right is treated and the black religious left is treated when it comes to hypocrisy.

We have a national holiday to someone many people would never want as their reverend at their local church.
Christianity is filled with hypocrites, look at all the GOP god loving reps who get caught with young boys and prostuties and side chicks while being married

Christopher Columbus murdered thousands of native Americans and is honored. So I guess you can imply it was a different world back then excuse. however MLK personal life had nothing to do with his bravery and accomplishments

So you should really quit while you are ahead

Old 01-15-2018, 02:09 PM

9 posts, read 4,735 times
He is dead , No one really cares. That would be equivalent to talking about JFK affairs, Thomas Jefferson , Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Dwight D. Eisenhower. No one cares these people are dead. lol

Also you are comparing him to Roy Moore the guy that was sexually abusing underage kids . Hmm ok . lol

Old 01-15-2018, 02:11 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
He was covered over for 30 years and he wasn't just accused of "sexual harassment" like most all the others. He was accused of serially drugging and raping women. I can't imagine a white guy getting away with that for all those years.
Does the name Harvey Weinstein ring a bell? White guy.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Does the name Harvey Weinstein ring a bell? White guy.
He is Jewish white, but I don't know that he did anything all that bad, certainly not like Cosby. Anyway, what's your point? Weinstein is a total outcast because of the allegations and I never said white guys were all saints regarding sex only that they are judged harsher and quicker. I guess your point is Hollywood liberals cover for their own, and I won't disagree there.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:22 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
He is Jewish white, but I don't know that he did anything all that bad, certainly not like Cosby. Anyway, what's your point? Weinstein is a total outcast because of the allegations and I never said white guys were all saints regarding sex only that they are judged harsher and quicker.
Jewish white? WTF are you even talking about? Did you forget what you just posted claiming a white guy couldn't get away w/that kind of behavior for that long? Wrong.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:23 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Quote:
So are the religious hypocrites only bad if they are white religious right people whose political views dont match our own?
If leftist reverends are adulterers and have children out of wedlock like Jesse Jackson and King , they arent hypocrites because because they are Black Reverends with leftist views?
No, Roy Moore was a patent sleaze ball, MLKJr was a demi-god.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Good Lord, the man was murdered 50 years ago. Who cares what he did 50 plus years ago?

And it's really not relevant since an affair is between two consenting adults. There's a difference between that and using one's power to take advantage of those with less power.

Do these basics really need to be spelled out?

Old 01-15-2018, 02:27 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Prostitution is consensual I guess?

You would want a reverend leading your local church who was out drinking whiskey with hookers?

I wouldn't attend that local church , much less make them a saint
I don't attend church, but Jesus himself was criticized because he ate and drank with publicans and sinners. Mark 2:16.

That being said, hypocrisy is hypocrisy, whether it be on the right or left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies