Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No one's they helped create the neighborhoods. ?
They "ruined" someone's neighborhood in Boston or New York or Philly before they went west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 11:52 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
They "ruined" someone's neighborhood in Boston or New York or Philly before they went west.
You don't know anything about my ancestors any other old stock white or traditional American's ancestors. You're just pulling things out of the air. They didn't ruin anything. I have ancestors that served in the Revolution and on down. Today's immigrants and liberals are trying to claim parity and coopt American's heritage.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
No one's they helped create the neighborhoods. They weren't really immigrants to begin with, and settling in a sparsely populated frontier in a stone age state is not a "neighborhood". Whose neighborhoods did your ancestors and relatives ruin?
Actually, yeah they were immigrants. They damn sure weren’t a gang of Indians. So whose neighborhood did they ruin?

Your question doesn’t apply to me because unlike you, I’m not a descendant of immigrants. My ancestors were here centuries before yours arrived.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:52 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Actually, yeah they were immigrants. They damn sure weren’t a gang of Indians. So whose neighborhood did they ruin?

Your question doesn’t apply to me because unlike you, I’m not a descendant of immigrants. My ancestors were here centuries before yours arrived.
You just post pure nonsense. You probably don't even know when your ancestors arrived or where exactly they came from and you certainly don't know about mine.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:14 AM

183 posts, read 103,682 times
LA has a higher poverty rate than it had during the 1992 riots, homeless everywhere , literally hoover style tent cities all over the west coast "progressive" cities , tons of gated neighborhoods and massive income disparity that is really as bad or in many cases worse than third world nations.

American Cities Must Abandon Progressive Radicalism & Serve Middle-Class Needs | National Review

The liberal third world nightmare future is already here .

Old 01-16-2018, 02:19 AM

Quote:
You just post pure nonsense. You probably don't even know when your ancestors arrived or where exactly they came from and you certainly don't know about mine.
My ancestors came from where all black folks come from. It’s called Africa; you may have heard of it.

Yours came from Europe. And yeah...I’ve heard of it.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero99 View Post
LA has a higher poverty rate than it had during the 1992 riots, homeless everywhere , literally hoover style tent cities all over the west coast "progressive" cities , tons of gated neighborhoods and massive income disparity that is really as bad or in many cases worse than third world nations.

American Cities Must Abandon Progressive Radicalism & Serve Middle-Class Needs | National Review

Yeah, whatever.

Los Angeles continues to attract people that want to live there if they can afford it. They’ve got a lot of strivers who are broke but will do anything to remain there. No one does that where you live.

In fact, you’d live in Los Angeles tooif you could afford it. But you can’t.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:38 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero99 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtvKb5JxNwg

The big,liberal cities are faltering fast. I think it is amazing how they go on about skyscrapers but beyond the tiny area of affluence is a sea of filth, disease, smell of urine and fecal matter, trash, tents and sheer desperation.

I remember walking by McArthur park in Los Angeles and there are severely disabled people and elderly people living in tents while Eric Garcetti dreams up another anti-President Trump speech and how to appease the illegal aliens.

The liberal elites are so just so out of touch with reality. They are just going to ignore the massive numbers of homeless on the west coast and in Los Angeles.

The California liberal elites also love illegal immigration because they hire cheap slave labor, then they want to taxpayers to pay the bill while they get special tax deductions.

They talk about social justice and Republicans being the part of the rich in one breath and then the next moment they want special tax deductions for the rich.

They raise regressive sales taxes but only a drop in the bucket at most will be accomplished with the hundreds of millions of dollars. Much of it will go to build a tiny number of luxury units with the rest going to the people running these fake non-profits.

The income disparity is very similar to Central America with a small, extremely wealthy elite living in palaces in hilly enclaves and then a massive, massive number of people living in squalor, extremely overcrowded apartments spreading disease and in tents.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:45 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA2M-35gOYM

Downtown Los Angeles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQDahwFhBW0

Downtown San Francisco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnqY5L26dyU

Downtown Portland

This is what the Democrats agenda for America. This is their grand vision for the country.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:05 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtvKb5JxNwg

The big,liberal cities are faltering fast. I think it is amazing how they go on about skyscrapers but beyond the tiny area of affluence is a sea of filth, disease, smell of urine and fecal matter, trash, tents and sheer desperation.

I remember walking by McArthur park in Los Angeles and there are severely disabled people and elderly people living in tents while Eric Garcetti dreams up another anti-President Trump speech and how to appease the illegal aliens.

The liberal elites are so just so out of touch with reality. They are just going to ignore the massive numbers of homeless on the west coast and in Los Angeles.

The California liberal elites also love illegal immigration because they hire cheap slave labor, then they want to taxpayers to pay the bill while they get special tax deductions.

They talk about social justice and Republicans being the part of the rich in one breath and then the next moment they want special tax deductions for the rich.

They raise regressive sales taxes but only a drop in the bucket at most will be accomplished with the hundreds of millions of dollars. Much of it will go to build a tiny number of luxury units with the rest going to the people running these fake non-profits.

The income disparity is very similar to Central America with a small, extremely wealthy elite living in palaces in hilly enclaves and then a massive, massive number of people living in squalor, extremely overcrowded apartments spreading disease and in tents.
If zoning wasn't so superstrict in Los Angeles with 75 percent of neighborhoods zoned R1 then more housing could be built which would do a lot to mitigate those problems. The NIMBYs won't allow it though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies