Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 08:03 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times

Advertisements

Trump is not shunning immigrants. that is the anti trump narrative based on twisted interpretation and lies.

Immigrants, laws and illegal immigration are concepts far beyond the ability of the hate and fear mongering democrats and their media propaganda machine to comprehend.

Who wants to embrace a political party like the democrats, who uses tactics consistent with a Stalin and other despotic regimes to assassinate the character of political opponents?

Do you not fear the cascade of hate will someday come for you?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
they don't want to end immigration altogether people from Norway are just fine...the problem is that they don't want to come here and Norway just launched a program welcoming Americans, particularly those with Norwegian relatives to immigrate there https://dispatcheseurope.com/emigrateme-norway/
That’s because Norway is racist and doesn’t want Hispanics.

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Because the premise of the article, and the OP is WRONG. Trump voters aren't shunning LEGAL immigrants.
I'm not trying to claim all Trump voters are of a collective mentality but that is what Trump is advocating. It's real clear that he does not want immigrants of color. Asians are ok and people from Norway are wonderful but not people from Africa (which he seems to think is a country rather than a continent) or Haiti.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:04 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Sorry that I’m not like you , apparently, an extreme partisan.
And yet, I was a pretty solid Republican pre-Trump. See my posts on our forum from 2012. Yet now you and others say I’m a Democrat.

I think some of Trumps policies, like the tax cuts, are good. But I can’t support the anti-trade and anti-legal immigration ridiculousness, nor can I support the racist comments, the tweets, and all the other craziness.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Actually, the proposal would cut the number in half.
That’s a good start.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
And yet, I was a pretty solid Republican pre-Trump. See my posts on our forum from 2012. Yet now you and others say I’m a Democrat.

I think some of Trumps policies, like the tax cuts, are good. But I can’t support the anti-trade and anti-legal immigration ridiculousness, nor can I support the racist comments, the tweets, and all the other craziness.
You support the tax cuts? Sounds like you support Trump.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I’m aware of the ridiculous Ponzi scheme liberals have set up, but it’s a problem that needs to be fixed sooner rather than later. Now is the time to ditch the Ponzi schemes and stop building the problem larger.
Ok, so get rid of Social Security and Medicare and then we can talk. We both know that isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

Not to mention that slashing legal immigration would seriously harm economic growth even aside from that.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:07 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
That’s because Norway is racist and doesn’t want Hispanics.
Norway does not exclude on the basis of race, religion or ethnicity. Maybe you should take a look at the ethnicity of Norwegian immigrants before you start telling us about Norway.

https://www.ssb.no/en/befolkning/sta...aar/2016-03-03

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
The fact remains that cuts overall will harm Social Security and Medicare.

As far as the lottery, yes, I agree with ending it. As far as “chain migration,” you realize that these other countries whose systems you tout actually consider family ties, right? That’s not to say I don’t support changes to our current system though.

As far as refugees, as long as we’re vetting them appropriately, we’re a very wealthy country and can handle helping some people out.

OK, take me through this process of yours.

A guy comes here from a foreign country with his eight-months pregnant wife who drops an anchor baby, courtesy of Medicaid.

The proud papa works (off the books) for a construction company that no longer needs to hire a more expensive American.

The illegal family collects every sort of welfare available to them and use their fake IDs to vote for Democrats.

The American construction worker either has to work for far less than what he is worth or ride out unemployment.

How exactly does that solve any problems?

Quote:
You support the tax cuts? Sounds like you support Trump.
I support traditional conservative policies, including free trade and legal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies