U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 12:29 PM

9,986 posts, read 16,652,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It's all over Twitter and the internet, it has been verified. Bannon has been in a SCIF for over three hours with Mueller's team.
I think that is with a Congressional committee, not Mueller's team.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:29 PM

15,366 posts, read 5,707,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Different story. Bannon is currently testifying in a House SCIF.

This news story is about Mueller's team issuing a subpoena for Bannon to testify before a grand jury. Since the subpoena was just issued, that testimony has not begun. SCIF doesn't apply for grand jury hearings.
A grand jury is typically used to decide whether to bring criminal charges or an indictment against a potential defendant. So this would be a step further than testifying before a House committee, right?

Old 01-16-2018, 12:31 PM

10,930 posts, read 5,032,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Knowledge.

He wants information. You get a subpoena and you answer questions, that does not mean charges are necessarily forthcoming, although it could. I think he, if anyone, is clean.
It's unlikely that Bannon is a target. Although it is possible, it's much more likely that Mueller is after information relating to Bannon's former boss.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:38 PM

10,993 posts, read 2,726,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
MUELLER is mandated to investigate what happened and who was involved ref Putin interfering in our elections. if he picks up some sideshows that is within the rules.
Don't you find it a bit strange that he is totally ignoring what is being handed to him on a silver platter? Hillary and the DNC paid millions to get Russian disinformation and, most damaging of all, that unverified info was used by the Obama administration to get a FISA warrant to spy on an elected President and his transition team. Bigger than Watergate, folks.

You so called educated Loonies are the least informed of all, courtesy of your Pravda propaganda.

Oh, let the Loonies get their hopes raised by crooked Conspiracy News Network. It's so much fun to see them cry afterwards. You'd think they'd get the joke by now. "Look, we got them to send the DNC more money! What will be our next story when this one fails, so we can still get them to contribute?"

Old 01-16-2018, 12:50 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,831,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
What do you think Mueller will get him on ? Tax Fraud, money laundering or lying to some government agency ?
Money laundering. Its pretty clear that Trump has been involved in this, although its debatable if it was done honestly. I dont think Mueller can manage a collusion argument on this. Too many cutouts. Might manage obstruction of justice as well.

As for Bannon...When Mueller gets him in front of the grand jury.....I think this is more about locking Bannon down with statements under oath in order to facilitate charges against others. I don't think highly of Bannon, but I have seen nothing tying him to anything illegal so far.

I expect a LOT of questions about the source of the campaigns data used for targeted voting. There is a suspicion that Russia may have provided the targeting data for the campaign. But if so that may prove hard to prove.

As for why in a SCIF, that is pretty simple, Bannon was at the top of the food chain at the whitehouse, its highly probably that information that requires a SCIF room could come out during the normal course of questioning. Questions as simple as "Why did you recommend that the president not say X" could have answers that involve highly secret information.

Also as people point out, this is for the house intelligence committee. The grand jury testimony will occur later. This may also be a good chance for the House members to get an idea of what may be coming from Mueller. Think of Bannon as the canary in the coal mine for them.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:52 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,831,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Don't you find it a bit strange that he is totally ignoring what is being handed to him on a silver platter? Hillary and the DNC paid millions to get Russian disinformation and, most damaging of all, that unverified info was used by the Obama administration to get a FISA warrant to spy on an elected President and his transition team. Bigger than Watergate, folks.
They paid for a company to investigate a opposing candidate. Thats pretty normal, and as for the FISA, the data came from a source used in the past by our government. IE A fairly reliable source of information.

Quote:
You so called educated Loonies are the least informed of all, courtesy of your Pravda propaganda.
Ah projection.

Quote:
Oh, let the Loonies get their hopes raised by crooked Conspiracy News Network. It's so much fun to see them cry afterwards. You'd think they'd get the joke by now. "Look, we got them to send the DNC more money! What will be our next story when this one fails, so we can still get them to contribute?"
LOL. Please. the DNC is not getting money from folks on the left these days, individual candidates are. But again...projection. Remember how any moment now Clinton would be arrested? Hows that going?

Old 01-16-2018, 12:53 PM

2,215 posts, read 742,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Money laundering. Its pretty clear that Trump has been involved in this, although its debatable if it was done honestly. I dont think Mueller can manage a collusion argument on this. Too many cutouts. Might manage obstruction of justice as well.

As for Bannon...When Mueller gets him in front of the grand jury.....I think this is more about locking Bannon down with statements under oath in order to facilitate charges against others. I don't think highly of Bannon, but I have seen nothing tying him to anything illegal so far.

I expect a LOT of questions about the source of the campaigns data used for targeted voting. There is a suspicion that Russia may have provided the targeting data for the campaign. But if so that may prove hard to prove.

As for why in a SCIF, that is pretty simple, Bannon was at the top of the food chain at the whitehouse, its highly probably that information that requires a SCIF room could come out during the normal course of questioning. Questions as simple as "Why did you recommend that the president not say X" could have answers that involve highly secret information.

Also as people point out, this is for the house intelligence committee. The grand jury testimony will occur later. This may also be a good chance for the House members to get an idea of what may be coming from Mueller. Think of Bannon as the canary in the coal mine for them.
Sorry but after how many "this guy's testimony will do it" posts I'm not getting any hopes up.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:00 PM

2,966 posts, read 919,623 times
Quote:
After 1.5 years of allegations, hearings, investigations and testimonies nobody has been able to supply the government agencies with verifiable proof of all these allegations.

I don't think Bannon is your smoking gun.
Pretty much this

Old 01-16-2018, 01:01 PM

29,343 posts, read 39,727,359 times
Quote:
What do you think Mueller will get him on ? Tax Fraud, money laundering or lying to some government agency ?
If he is testifying before the grand jury then Mueller is seeking an indictment against someone and his info will help with that. A big fish is going into the fryer.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:03 PM

2,215 posts, read 742,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If he is testifying before the grand jury then Mueller is seeking an indictment against someone and his info will help with that. A big fish is going into the fryer.
Do you say that after every name appears for a Muller subpoena ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies