Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 08:55 AM

17,264 posts, read 11,101,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Then he shouldn't have been President, or at least he should have put his businesses into a real blind trust.

If he's representing us to the world and is gonna be in the most important political leadership role in this nation, it damn well should be my right to understand how he has conducted himself business-wise and what conflicts of interest he is going to have while in office. Every Presidential candidate should be able to withstand scrutiny of their tax returns. If you want to keep your privacy, stay a private citizen and don't run.

You cons just don't want anyone asking any tough, critical questions of.your Messiah. And it is pathetic.
I disagree and I would have said the same thing for Hillary if she chose not to make her taxes public. Your right to know ends where the law says it does. It doesn't matter how warm and fuzzy you feel by knowing how much someone payed in taxes or gave to charities unless they did something illegal. Until then, you can look at other things as to how someone conducts themselves. There's plenty out there without revealing tax information. It damn well isn't your right to know. If it were, there'd be a law stating so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 12:27 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,639,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I want him to man up and keep his word. He looked people in the eye and said he would release them, and it turned out to be a lie. How much did he pay in taxes. How much did he give to charity. There is a lot of information in there. Those returns need to be scrutinized by tax experts and "we the people" deserve to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't have to know how to read them, there are plenty of people that could analyze his returns. He is being audited by the IRS so evidently there might be a problem, what is he hiding.
perhaps he had a bout of sanity after making that promise and chose to not release his returns after what the democrats did to romney.

the tax experts HAVED looked at his returns, the IRS and the state of new york department of revenue, and they have found NOTHING in his returns. if there was something there you can bet that both agencies would be on trump with subpoenas and more investigations, and it would be a public brow beating of trump.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:03 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,050,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Did he release the physical exam results? I only heard a comment from someone who sounded like he was saying what he was told to day.

From the Doctor, same one who had done the White House exams since Bush

Quote:
Asked how someone with Trump's diet and no known exercise routine could achieve such relatively strong physical results, Jackson said there was no definite answer.

"It is called genetics. I don't know," Jackson said. "Some people have just great genes. I told the president that if he had a healthier diet over the last 20 years, he might live to be 200 years old. I don't know."

Despite questions swirling about the president's cognitive abilities given reports that he sometimes repeats himself during meetings, Jackson said that Trump scored a 30 out of 30 on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment — self described as a "cognitive screening test designed to assist Health Professionals in the detection of mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease." The doctor added that he doesn't believe appraisals of the president's mental state should be made by persons who have not examined him.
"There's no indication that he has any kid of cognitive issues," Jackson said. "On a day-to-day basis, it has been my experience the president is very sharp — very articulate when he speaks to me. I've never known him to repeat himself around me... I found no reason to think that the president has any issues whatsoever with his thought process.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/...ry?id=52387633

Old 01-17-2018, 05:09 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,318,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
perhaps he had a bout of sanity after making that promise and chose to not release his returns after what the democrats did to romney.

the tax experts HAVED looked at his returns, the IRS and the state of new york department of revenue, and they have found NOTHING in his returns. if there was something there you can bet that both agencies would be on trump with subpoenas and more investigations, and it would be a public brow beating of trump.
What are you talking about? The IRS does not publicize their issues with someone’s tax return. Taxes are private matters between the filer and the IRS and/or the Dept. of Revenue.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:17 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,461,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
What are you talking about? The IRS does not publicize their issues with someone’s tax return. Taxes are private matters between the filer and the IRS and/or the Dept. of Revenue.
What they're saying is, if there was a genuine issue on his taxes... the IRS would have him under an audit and a problem exists? He cuts a check, or hires a tax attorney to fight it... that's what they're talking about.

Goodnight and the rest are running out of steam with things to attack Trump with.
Muh Russia was a flop.
*anydaynow*

Goodnight and others feel something is owed to them.
Typical for a coastal liberal.-Feel entitled. Have to throw a fit.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
if the IRS was going after trump, especially if trump was going to fight the IRS, or if the ITS was going to press charges against trump, then you can bet it would be on just about every headline around the world, and the news shows would be going nuts trying to get more information and putting out on the airwaves.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:43 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,104,837 times
I believe that Trump has no control over the health records.

And after his disgraceful evasiveness, there is a chance that releasing tax returns may become mandatory.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I believe that Trump has no control over the health records.

And after his disgraceful evasiveness, there is a chance that releasing tax returns may become mandatory.
only if congress offers up a law requiring them as part of a candidates financial disclosure, and guess who would be the one to sign such a bill into law......

likely that never happens.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
only if congress offers up a law requiring them as part of a candidates financial disclosure, and guess who would be the one to sign such a bill into law......

likely that never happens.
Trump will be gone one of these days—either he doesn’t run again, or his second term ends, or Mueller will turn up enough illegal activities to either force Trump to quit or he ends up in jail.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
What they're saying is, if there was a genuine issue on his taxes... the IRS would have him under an audit and a problem exists? He cuts a check, or hires a tax attorney to fight it... that's what they're talking about.
Any of that would still be private. None of us would know. Go to sleep now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies