Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 09:34 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times

Advertisements

Conversion therapy was not involved in this case.

Obviously there are a small number of individuals who are close to the middle of the heterosexual-homosexual spectrum that can switch in such a manner is not possible for the large majority of homosexuals.

Last edited by whogo; 01-17-2018 at 09:48 AM..

Old 01-17-2018, 09:37 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It's called "I Am Michael." It's a very sad movie. It resonates with me because at one time his story of being 'cured' gave me hope.

I did conversion therapy. I lost seven years of my life, my happiness, and my sanity (which I may never recover). I hate my life and what it's become thanks to conversion therapy, fundamentalist Christianity, and Bible Belt society.

People who claim to be cured by conversion therapy are typically just repressing their sexuality. It works for a time but most of the time later in life they either end up reverting to a homosexual lifestyle or they end up getting caught in a scandal like this guy.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-...b_2624785.html
I'm very sorry that you experienced this. The post directly beneath yours is a great illustration of why you were put through such horrific, self-destructive torture. I'm convinced there is nothing more evil in this world than religious fundamentalists.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:37 AM

37,146 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Her correct sexuality would be "Bisexual" Toyman. If she was bisexual of course she could be with a man. However, focusing on only 1 attraction doesn't mean she's no longer attracted to any women.
Correct. Most bisexuals eventually go one way or the other when they want to settle down, but they don't magically lose their attraction to both sexes because of it, any more than a heterosexual stops finding members of the opposite sex sexually attractive when they marry.

Conversion therapy is a load of garbage sold to the weak-minded to turn a profit.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:38 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Conversion therapy was not involved in this case.

Obviously there are a small number of individuals who are close to the middle of the heterosexual-homosexual spectrum that can switch in such a manner of not possible for the large majority of homosexuals.
But if conservatives had their way, they would force all gay people into conversion therapy or at least use tax dollars to promote it.

And yes, the Kinsey scale is a scale. There are some people who are bisexual or lean one way or the other but could go the opposite way under the right circumstances.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:43 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The God of the Bible is indeed a miracle-worker. He gives grace to the humble and rejects the proud, so it's of no surprise that a humble homosexual would be delivered from that lifestyle.
If you're going to reference the bible also reference the focal point.

Shouldn't you be single?

Jesus never even mentioned homosexuality in the Bible. Unless it was puposefully left out So unless you want to quote lesser prophets to justify your positions I really don't know the point you're making.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:44 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
The point is the bullying she is receiving from the progressive nuts.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:44 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'm very sorry that you experienced this. The post directly beneath yours is a great illustration of why you were put through such horrific, self-destructive torture. I'm convinced there is nothing more evil in this world than religious fundamentalists.
Thanks. Yes, that poster pretty much posts verbatim the stuff I grew up learning and believing in church with the same cold attitude. The one thing that keeps me going is the belief that one day I will find a way to work through all of this and live a fulfilling life, though it seems like a tall order.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:48 AM

1,330 posts, read 698,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
good move for her, God is the miracle worker.
He sure is

I'm sure you mean this god right?

or is it this one?

Nooo, you totally mean this one

Ohhhh wait. You're talking about the one that allows children to be raped by their priests. Yep, it's gotta be this one.

Catholic Church Priests Raped Children in Philadelphia, But the Wrong People Went to Jail

Old 01-17-2018, 09:52 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
He sure is

I'm sure you mean this god right?

or is it this one?

Nooo, you totally mean this one

Ohhhh wait. You're talking about the one that allows children to be raped by their priests. Yep, it's gotta be this one.

Catholic Church Priests Raped Children in Philadelphia, But the Wrong People Went to Jail
The mirror image of the intolerant Christian shows it’s ugly face.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:53 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,118 times
You could put several naked super models in front of me and the only thing that comes to mind is "ok, who has the best hair?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.