Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 08:28 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
If they are Israels enemies, they should be our enemies. Why would want to aid Islamic people, when they want to destroy us!?
why? dont you have a mind of your own?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 08:42 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
why? dont you have a mind of your own?
Yes, do you? Or does William Shattner just beam up your thoughts!

Old 01-19-2018, 08:44 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
There ARE white Jews. Tons of them. But, that does not mean the statement "Jews are white" is accurate.
I am sorry this caused you to blow a gasket.

Anything else?

Old 01-19-2018, 08:57 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jews are white. Africans are black. Hope that clears it for you.
There are also black Ethiopian Jews, plus Hispanic Jews.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:05 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Yes, do you? Or does William Shattner just beam up your thoughts!
Can you answer:
Why should Israels enemy, be my enemy?

I think for myself, you seem to be against that.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:54 AM

714 posts, read 355,952 times
Let's cite FACTS about the totally misguided, absurd, and political nature of UNRWA:

1) With one exception all refugees in the world are assisted by the UN agency that is supposed to attend to them: UNHCR, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees. This admirable organization works in 130 countries with a staff of about 11,000. In 2016 it resettled 190,000 people. One of its core missions is “ending statelessness.”

The sole exception is Palestinians. UNRWA handles them, and its mission appears to be “never ending statelessness.” A phrase such as “ending statelessness” would be anathema and is found nowhere on its web site. Since 1950, UNHCR has tried to place refugees in permanent new situations, while since 1950 UNRWA has with its staff of 30,000 “helped” over 5 million Palestinian “refugees” to remain “refugees.”

2) one does have to wonder why the United States is giving UNRWA two or three times as much as all Arab donors combined. Just to take an example, the immensely rich Qatar gave a grand total of one million dollars to UNRWA in 2016.

3) Palestine "refugees" are defined as “persons whose normal place of residence was Palestine during the period 1 June 1946 to 15 May 1948, and who lost both home and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 conflict.”
UNRWA services are available to all those living in its area of operations who meet this definition, who are registered with the Agency and who need assistance. The descendants of Palestine refugee males, including adopted children, are also eligible for registration. When the Agency began operations in 1950, it was responding to the needs of about 750,000 Palestine refugees. Today, some 5 million Palestine refugees are eligible for UNRWA services.
In other words, if you were born in Amman, Jordan to a mother and father born in Amman, Jordan, and you are all Jordanian citizens, you are still a “refugee” according to UNRWA. In fact the vast majority of “Palestinian refugees” whom UNRWA helps in Jordan are Jordanian citizens. Under normal international definitions, and UNHCR definitions, they are not “refugees” at all. To make the point even more strongly, under UNRWA definitions one can be a U.S. citizen and a “Palestinian refugee.” This is absurd.

The argument for cutting funding to UNRWA instead rests on two pillars.
The first is that UNRWA’s activities have many connections to Hamas and to rejectionist ideology. (See for example these analyses and stories: https://www.timesofisrael.com/un-age...of-hamas-ties/, https://www.jewishpolicycenter.org/2...upports-hamas/, Report: UNRWA violating regulations - Middle East - Jerusalem Post, and http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/u...icyFocus91.pdf.)
But even if those flaws were corrected, this would not solve the second and more fundamental problem with UNRWA –which is that it will perpetuate the Palestinian “refugee” problem forever rather than helping to solve it.

The GOAL OF UNRWA IS THE POLITICAL GOAL ESTABLISHED BY THE ARAB LEAGUE IN 1949: TO PERPETUATE THE REFUGEE PROBLEM, NOT SOLVE IT.
see https://www.cfr.org/blog/trump-gets-unrwa-right

Old 01-19-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
There are also black Ethiopian Jews, plus Hispanic Jews.
Cool beans. I stand by what I said about "Jew" not being a race.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Can you answer:
Why should Israels enemy, be my enemy?

I think for myself, you seem to be against that.
I'm against your hostile tone. You can disagree all you want, w/o being a jerk. I side with God, and He sides with Israel- very simple.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I'm against your hostile tone. You can disagree all you want, w/o being a jerk. I side with God, and He sides with Israel- very simple.
That is fine. I am pro-Israel too, but I think it is important to consider the effects of these actions. Do you think the cuts will improve Palestinian-Israeli relations? How about Arab-US relations?

Old 01-19-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is fine. I am pro-Israel too, but I think it is important to consider the effects of these actions. Do you think the cuts will improve Palestinian-Israeli relations? How about Arab-US relations?
Palestinian-Israeli relations have always been horrible, and always will be. One side (Palestinians) mistakenly believes the land is theirs. They are backed by Islamic wackos who do not know what diplomacy or peace is- nor are they interested in either. Arab-US relations are mostly for show- most Arabs are muslims. Muslims- or at least those in power want to destroy America, so what kind of relations can we possibly have with them, except superficial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies