Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 04:03 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Famous Obama quotes for $100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdkzY-Eivg
Ouch....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 04:08 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ouch....
Obama was the most unqualified, real life inexperienced President we've ever had in our lifetime. He knew nothing on how to actually work with people and get things done.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:12 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Famous Obama quotes for $100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdkzY-Eivg
So... It would have been better had Obama, who as president did not possess the powers of Congress needed to make this happen, had "brought jobs back", where what was being brought back was billions of dollars of unpaid taxable income?

And the "jobs" were a PR blurb about some sort of high-tech campus that will never come to fruition?

Also... the jobs being discussed certainly are not manufacturing jobs in the Rustbelt. Apple's spin was a high tech campus, not a manufacturing facility.

It looks like those jobs are still never coming back.

I hardly expect you or the vast majority of the posters on this board to know this, but the reason Apple wants to invest in real estate has nothing to do with "jobs". Real estate in the United States is an investment structure that shelters money, allowing investors to move cash and profits realized upon sale from one place to another under a tax shelter.

In other news, due to the European ruling against Apple, the company is shuffling assets to avoid having them seized, frozen, or held as collateral until the company pays the fines.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:19 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Apple is building a campus outside Austin TX that will employ 14k people. Personally I think they are quietly moving out of California. I predict the next campus will be in AZ. And AZ would welcome them with open arms.

Way to go P Trump!!!! MAGA

Old 01-18-2018, 04:23 PM

57,280 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Apple is building a campus outside Austin TX that will employ 14k people. Personally I think they are quietly moving out of California. I predict the next campus will be in AZ. And AZ would welcome them with open arms.

Sounds like an Apple conspiracy, loading up the trucks and moving out after dark. LOL

So tell me isn't Austin a very democratic city, this might speed up their trip to becoming a blue state.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sounds like an Apple conspiracy, loading up the trucks and moving out after dark. LOL

So tell me isn't Austin a very democratic city, this might speed up their trip to becoming a blue state.
Unfortunately, yes, Austin is called libertard cession pool in Texas.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:34 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

lol yea there moving on the downlow hoping Gov Brown doesn't notice.

Austin is a young hip and very blue city.... That's probably why they moved there. Google the campus it's round, very modern and huge!!

Old 01-18-2018, 04:35 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post

Apple is not moving out of California, get the tinfoil hat off. What could happen is building a campus in AZ like say Chandler or Scottsdale. A number of tech companies opened up shop there. That was why I mentioned it in an earlier post.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:39 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
So... It would have been better had Obama, who as president did not possess the powers of Congress needed to make this happen, had "brought jobs back", where what was being brought back was billions of dollars of unpaid taxable income?

And the "jobs" were a PR blurb about some sort of high-tech campus that will never come to fruition?

Also... the jobs being discussed certainly are not manufacturing jobs in the Rustbelt. Apple's spin was a high tech campus, not a manufacturing facility.

It looks like those jobs are still never coming back.

I hardly expect you or the vast majority of the posters on this board to know this, but the reason Apple wants to invest in real estate has nothing to do with "jobs". Real estate in the United States is an investment structure that shelters money, allowing investors to move cash and profits realized upon sale from one place to another under a tax shelter.

In other news, due to the European ruling against Apple, the company is shuffling assets to avoid having them seized, frozen, or held as collateral until the company pays the fines.
Why does everyone want all the trinkets sold in Wal-Mart for a buck to be made in the US? The US manufactures cars, planes, ships, equipment etc.....but the demand for low skill jobs to make cheap consumables blows my mind. Thatcher broke the back of the Coal unions and helped turned the UK mostly London into a global financial center. The difference in the UK pre Thatcher and Post Thatcher is pretty amazing.

Bring billions of Apple money and jobs to the US is great news. Trump wins again.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:44 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Listening to Rush now. He said it won't be in California, one of the worst states for business or for middle class people. Great for illegals, the poor and the rich.

Unless he was talking about Amazon's new facility? Never mind!

Hard to keep track of all the great business news these days. He also said manufacturing jobs are going begging. Wait, thought those days were long gone, according to Hussein Obama.
I don't listen to Rush, but I know that Amazon put out today their list of the 20 locations they've narrowed down their choice to for their second HQ:

Austin, TX
Dallas, TX
Nashville, TN
Boston, MA
Chicago, IL
New York City, NY
Newark, NJ
Los Angeles, CA
Washington, DC
NOVA (Northern Virginia)
Montgomery County, MD
Miami, FL
Raleigh, NC
Indianapolis, IN
Toronto, ON (Canada)
Philadelphia, PA
Pittsburgh, PA
Atlanta, GA
Columbus, OH
Denver, CO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies