Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 05:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
He pretty much sums it up. Al gore made billions....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjlC02NsIt0
Is this the Dan Pena you are citing.....

Daniel Steven Peña Sr. [1] (born August 10, 1945), also known as Dan Peña, is an American businessman and business coach, born in Jacksonville, Florida. He resides at Guthrie Castle in Scotland, in which he previously operated a wedding business

Not sure why you care what he thinks.

Technically I think scientists have agreed now that it is 'climate change'...so I'll go with that terminology.

Whether or not there is a huge shift in climate change WE may never know. It may take 100's of years to have scientific proof to satisfy those that are skeptical.

I don't care, I think that changing the way we do things to improve the quality of air, water, soil, is just good, common sense. Yes you have to balance cost vs. benefit but like most new technologies, it may cost a little more initially but the long term benefits will be worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 05:27 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
And we are giving the heating process a boost..
Theory. Unproven as fact.

Old 04-23-2018, 05:28 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That 97% figure was proved as fake long ago.
I like to remind them of that as often as possible.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:15 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
They won't be able to claim the climate is warming much longer when it continues to get cooler. And when people realize they've been lied to, they will face a backlash.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:57 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Humans tend to vote against their own interests if the consequences are too far to really be felt. You guys are right.

Those increases in taxes are gonna seem like a dream compared to what's coming. Our grand kids are gonna hate us..
Glad your Crystal Ball is working, or is it the Magic Eight Ball? Or Communist Manifesto? If the future generations have climate issues it will emanate from the Sun, or other natural occurrence. The fact that all the "fixes" are FINANCIALLY punitive tells me all I need to know. This is a money grab, nothing more.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:58 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
They won't be able to claim the climate is warming much longer when it continues to get cooler. And when people realize they've been lied to, they will face a backlash.
That is why they changed it to Man Made Climate CHANGE. If the WEATHER gets warmer, it's Man's fault. If the WEATHER gets colder, it's Man's fault. Pretty slick, huh?

Old 04-23-2018, 07:16 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
I remember the fear merchants saying that we were destroying the ozone layer and forced many products that used CFC’s to change at the cost of hundreds of millions of dollars only to have the entire thing debunked by Mother Nature when Mt St Helens went off and spewed more CFC’s into the atmosphere than mankind could produce in 100 lifetimes. Created a hole in the ozone layer and then a year later the hole was mostly gone and the ozone layer was thicker and stronger than ever.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:17 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
And just a reminder, CO2 in the air causing a warming effect is an unproven theory.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:26 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Glad your Crystal Ball is working, or is it the Magic Eight Ball? Or Communist Manifesto? If the future generations have climate issues it will emanate from the Sun, or other natural occurrence. The fact that all the "fixes" are FINANCIALLY punitive tells me all I need to know. This is a money grab, nothing more.
Even companies like shell predicted this.

Who needs a crystal ball when there's evidence.

Change is at a cost. But far less than if we do nothing. But keep living in your dream world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHE0n5c6-6g

Old 04-23-2018, 07:30 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Emitting CO2 WILL cause climate to warm, the debate is over how much and is largely around how it effects water vapor. The climate has been continuously changing since Day 1 of planet Earth. I tend to think the extreme alarmist about global warming is a money grab for law groups and poor nations. But I still support most measures aimed at reducing global warming because of other problems it creates like acidifying oceans, exposure to known cancer causing toxins, etc. If there was no global warming I still wouldn't want to live next to a coal fired power plant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies