Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 04:25 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,432,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Avenatti (Stormey's lawyer) file a complaint with the NY Bar to have Cohen disbarred.
if the opposition puts in their weakest player.... let them.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:27 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
This is the POTUS candidate that Liberty University endorsed.

Liberty University with this as part of their mission statement:

WWJD?
Jesus would put the whip to Trump like he did to the money changers in the temple.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
then, there is also standing up to a bully.
i've seen a few of cohen's communications where he uses violent metaphor. my guess is the "physical threat" that avenatti mentioned last week was from cohen. possibly a threat that seemed more literal then metaphor. we shall see.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:18 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
then, there is also standing up to a bully. Clearly, whatever you care to call what she is doing... it is making trump crazier and crazier and spilling a lot of beans about it. And, making the trump supporters more and more vehement that they don't care, over and over again.
I'm not a Trump nor Hillary voter so while you're taking delight in the political or publicity issues this is causing Trump (and I certainly can't blame you for that), I'm not trying to turn her into any sort of hero of the people.

Lol...she'll screw the guy for money then try to squeeze another 130k out of him to keep quiet and then try to cash in further after that.

Stormy is every inch the bully Trump is, she's shaking him down for hush money. I have no sympathy for Trump, he brought it upon himself. They're both pieces of work.

So again, let's be honest about this whole mess for Trump, revel in it if you enjoy it or not if you don't, but lets not try to turn Stormy Daniels into the next Rosa Parks.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
The $20mil is just an attempt to intimidate, nothing else. Intimidation is a standard tool Cohen uses but its not working in this case. He is not much of a lawyer but unfortunately for him Stormey's lawyer is for real and is a very good one (from what I've read about him).

In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Avenatti (Stormey's lawyer) file a complaint with the NY Bar to have Cohen disbarred.
Why wouldn't you be surprised and what would be the basis? Is there something substantiated or is this speculation based upon a claim from one side or weaseling around the NDA or just hyperbole?

Old 03-19-2018, 07:40 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
avenatti is competent.

cohen..... isn't.

cohen directly stated that his client had no knowledge of the NDA which, most likely, will nullify it. he claimed, in court filings, that donald trump is "david dennison" who had an affair with stormy daniels, directly contradicting trump's earlier claims. cohen revealed the name of the LLC that payed off stormy, which would have remained anonymous. if it was cohen who formed this company their may be state criminal violations for cohen.
All of you people who are waiting with baited breathe that something will negative will come out of this that will hurt Trump or Cohen are in for a rude awakening.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
All of you people who are waiting with baited breathe that something will negative will come out of this that will hurt Trump or Cohen are in for a rude awakening.
Hope springs eternal....the birthers kept up the faith for at least 6-7 years longer than any sane person would have. There was always "new breaking news" that were going to crack the case wide open.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:26 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not a Trump nor Hillary voter so while you're taking delight in the political or publicity issues this is causing Trump (and I certainly can't blame you for that), I'm not trying to turn her into any sort of hero of the people.

Lol...she'll screw the guy for money then try to squeeze another 130k out of him to keep quiet and then try to cash in further after that.

Stormy is every inch the bully Trump is, she's shaking him down for hush money. I have no sympathy for Trump, he brought it upon himself. They're both pieces of work.

So again, let's be honest about this whole mess for Trump, revel in it if you enjoy it or not if you don't, but lets not try to turn Stormy Daniels into the next Rosa Parks.

She has never pretended to be anything different. She freely admits, she is doing all this for the money.

BUT, she is not trying to shake down Trump or any of his people, she just wants out of the NDA so she can sell her story to news shows and such.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-19-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
She has never pretended to be anything different. She freely admits, she is doing all this for the money.

BUT, she is not trying to shake down Trump or any of his people, she just wants out of the NDA so she can sell her story to news shows and such.
Sorry for being unclear. The first 130k was clearly a shake down for hush money.

She has already very likely gotten money for interviews, I'm not naive.

But yeah, she's certainly looking for a multi-million dollar interview, book deal etc and needs that NDA to be kaput.

So sure, this later part isn't a shakedown.

Again, I have no sympathy for Trump on pretty much any level. Just calling it for what it is. Also, I never said she pretended to be anything different. She got 10k or whatever to bone Trump. I have no problem with her doing so, I'm not the morality police.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
All of you people who are waiting with baited breathe that something will negative will come out of this ......
almost everything i cited has already happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.