Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 04:48 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
A): he was cheating on his wife who had just given birth to his son.

B): he successfully threatened to sue a magazine to keep them from reporting it.

C): they paid hush-money 11 days before the election to keep the story silent ( and, according to steve bannon, there were "a hundred" more ).

D): evidence points to FEC law violations in the payment of funds.

E): trump and the WH are still denying the affair even after his personal attorney has admitted to it in court filings.

F): the president's personal attorney is suing for $20million over something the president claims didn't happen.

any one of these would be a high-profile controversy during any other administration
And this isn't the stuff that is most threatening to Trump. I think Cohen has more exposure and some 'splaining to do about the money and the terms of the NDA.

The problem for Trump is if this whole thing ends up in court where Trump could be exposed to the discovery process. Then Trump would have to explain under oath if he had a relationship with Daniels, if he knew about the NDA, the money, etc... which may contradict his current position.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:50 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
So now you are fat shaming and discriminating against a senior citizen? I thought liberals were against that kind of thing?
Trump is an old, fat slob. He can dish it, so he should be able to take it.

Also, I do not speak for all liberals; I speak for myself.

Oh, and Trump probably stinks, too.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:51 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,702 times
President Trump has been a very bad boy. A very, very bad boy. Covfefe.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:55 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
And this isn't the stuff that is most threatening to Trump. I think Cohen has more exposure and some 'splaining to do about the money and the terms of the NDA.

The problem for Trump is if this whole thing ends up in court where Trump could be exposed to the discovery process. Then Trump would have to explain under oath if he had a relationship with Daniels, if he knew about the NDA, the money, etc... which may contradict his current position.
Yup, there really is no up side for Trump in this situation.

He would have been far better off if Cohen had never offered a settlement agreement to Daniels.

Winding up in court over this could really ruin his day.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:01 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
The problem for Trump is if this whole thing ends up in court where Trump could be exposed to the discovery process. .
this is a point i'm really curious about. trump's team is definitely trying to move this case into arbitration where, normally, there isn't discovery but....... avenatti seems confident that there is some rule in CA law that will allow for discovery in this case even if it goes to arbitration.

we shall see.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:02 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yup, there really is no up side for Trump in this situation.

He would have been far better off if Cohen had never offered a settlement agreement to Daniels.

Winding up in court over this could really ruin his day.
That's obvious. He can't even get replacement lawyers for the ones quitting.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:16 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
So now you are fat shaming and discriminating against a senior citizen? I thought liberals were against that kind of thing?
worst attempted deflection in the history of the internet

Old 03-27-2018, 05:23 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
worst attempted deflection in the history of the internet
Yeah whatever. Conservatives can't criticize Obama because he's black (we must be racist). And we can't criticize Hillary because she's a woman (we must not want a woman in power). But libs gleefully call Trump every insulting name under the sun and that's just fine and dandy.

Criticize his policies or his actions all you want to but the comments like "he's a fat slob" and "the cheeto President" show all the intellectual prowess of a worm.

When it gets to that point it's clear you aren't interested in an honest discussion.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:33 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Avenatti says there are 8 more women who have contacted him and several have NDAs. Says he still needs to vet them.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:34 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
People on the right always say similar things about Hillary on this forum or much worst. They really hate her and have said pretty mean, ugly , and nasty things about here, where were your outrage about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies