Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2018, 11:05 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I think you need to size up on your tinfoil hat. And there is no campaign finance law violation.
I think Trump's investigators in Hawaii with some very surprising news any time now about Obamas birth certificate might be willing to sell him a larger one.

King birther sycophants telling other people they need more tinfoil mmmmm

Old 05-03-2018, 11:06 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
So I see how Rudy is doing his thing to simplify and move things along. I don't know if it will ever come out officially that it was Melania Trump who handled the Daniels agreement and payment directly with Cohen and it was her who wrote the check to reimburse Cohen after Cohen made the payment with his HELOC. This would have been the best way to go about the payoff. Melania knew Daniels too. It's very possible President Trump didn't know everything that was happening. He just knew it was being handled. All of the denials from Cohen and Trump have been to protect Melania from embarrassment. It may just be time to rip the band-aid off and be done with this minor mess.
And the Martians made my bed this morning...

Old 05-03-2018, 11:06 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Well it looks like this is over, no campaign finance law violation.
hardly. it just escalated.

guilliani just opened a bigger can of worms when it comes to FEC violations. even by guilliani's admission cohen's "loan" ( repaid over several months ) is an illegal campaign contribution.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:08 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

Keep your attention on Mueller in the days ahead.

And stock up on popcorn.
Also stock up on poster board and magic markers if Trump fires Mueller or Rosenstien.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:08 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Beat me to it. They purposely kept it under $10K to avoid having to report it to the IRS. Which makes it look even more shady and immoral.

These people are trash. Scum. Slime.
Why are so many of you repeating this blatantly false information put out by Stormy Daniels attorney?

The law you are referencing relates to CURRENCY transactions which are defined as cash or cash equivalents like money orders, cashier's checks etc.

It does not apply to checks written on personal or business accounts.

Do you not even think about what you are spewing? If banks had to report transactions for every check written over $10,000 as well as every check they thought was suspicious and trying to avoid these reporting requirements, they would be doing nothing else all day and the IRS would be literally drowning in these reports.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
That was not the only LLC created for the Daniels problem
"Resolution Consultants LLC"

..... would be a great name for a bouncer/concert security company.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:14 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Cohen was a fixer, and he was competent at what he did when Trump was just a businessman. While some of what he did may have violated the law, his actions didn't receive intense scrutiny, and served the purpose. I think the convoluted way of getting payment to Daniels was his attempt at evading potential scrutiny; he wasn't used to dealing with the kind of scrutiny that Presidential dealings get, and didn't realize that all this denial and elaborate financial schemes would be like a neon sign saying, "dig here". The Trump campaign didn't really understand the laws and rules governing Presidential campaigns, either. They operated it like Trump has operated his business empire.
This is playing out exactly as I predicted a year and a half ago. Trump and his band of gypsies were so used to getting away with everything and buying or bullying their way out of every problem, they had no comprehension of what they were getting themselves into. Trump never had a clue what it really meant to be the President of The United States, so he had no idea how much scrutiny he was going to be facing. What's happening now is exactly what I knew was going to happen.

Oh - and yes, Cohen and Giuliani are dumbasses. Because I'm no attorney, but if I can figure this out, there's no excuse for them not to have seen it coming too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Up until yesterday, Trump took the position that he had no idea of Cohen's payment. Today, he reverses course, says he knew about it, and definitively declares it did not violate campaign finance law. He must think Americans (and, in particular, his supporters) are the dumbest people on Earth.
Why would he think otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Right. If the payments were less than $10,000 there's no reporting requirements. Why doesn't Trump divulge how this $130,000 was repaid? Was paid with 14 checks for $9285.00 each? Something sure smells fishy here.
That's a common misconception, but it's not true. Any amount of money that's moved in such a way as to look as though someone is trying to sneak it around the reporting requirements is required to be reported as a possible "structured transaction." Cohen being an attorney, it's difficult to imagine him not being aware of that, but - then again, him being an absolute moron... I guess it's entirely possible. But it all depends on how the money was moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Knowing what we know today, are we getting to the point to where there is no such thing as a smart Trump supporter?

Can one be an informed, mature adult that cares about the country, and still support Donald J Trump as president? Is it possible at this point?
It's never been possible, but anyone stupid enough to have supported him in the first place is probably too stupid to change their minds now. I have never, EVER met an intelligent Trump supporter. Ever. In real life, or online. Every single Trumphead i have ever encountered is an idiot, and you can see that in these forums every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
it appears they are pretty much all away on vacation
The afternoon radio shows haven't had the chance to tell them what they think.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Why are so many of you repeating this blatantly false information put out by Stormy Daniels attorney?
it's currently unknown how much the payments were but guilliani even stated that the payments went into 2018 which would be consistent with 14 months of sub $10,000 payments.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:17 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
If you think Trump is going anywhere you must of slept through 2017. They were supposed to have him out after 6 months. Trump keeps fighting, remember all of the "Trump is finished" polls and articles, they've underestimated him every step of the way.

Despite his personal flaws our country needs his leadership on the many important issues we face.
Re-read my post to which you responded above. I wrote that "some commentators" thought Giuliani's revelations were part of a plan to allow Trump to resign with some shred of dignity - not that _I_ think this is the case since I don't view either Trump or Giuliani as sharp enough anymore to come up with such an elaborate plot.

But I do think it might be remotely possible, but that Giuliani botched his attempt to pull it off last evening, and apparently, this morning as well.

I've been wide-awake ever since Trump was elected.

Insomniac at times, in fact.

I do wish I could sleep better - more soundly and peacefully.

Perhaps Melania's infamous Ghost Cat is haunting me, too (see Rogue Melania on Twitter, if you don't know about the White House Ghost Cat and what it signifies).

Old 05-03-2018, 11:19 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Also stock up on poster board and magic markers if Trump fires Mueller or Rosenstien.
Yes, at least the Trump presidency is vastly increasing the sales and demand for both commodities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies