Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 08:20 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Digging a tunnel, secretly at that, is a construction project that requires the apparatus of a state. You can't dig a 2-mile long tunnel, reinforce it and provide air and electricity by hiring contractors off of Craiglist. Even if it is built, crossing the border becomes so expensive nobody can afford it. Besides, there are hundreds of miles of real walls in the San Diego area. Beleive me, if tunnels were dug under the wall, MSNBC would be on it 24/7.

Border Patrol found a tunnel in San Diego used for illegal immigration, including Mexican and Chinese nationals.

Happened last summer.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...iego/23187007/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 08:20 AM

4,253 posts, read 3,173,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Did they try a ladder? Or dig a tunnel? I find it hard to believe that they tried very hard. I assume that any member of the US military that made it over the wall would have found themselves working in the NK DMZ by the end of week. I have personally witnessed teenagers free climb the existing wall in less than a minute. With a ladder, their whole family could do it.

Looking at the pictures of the prototypes, all you would really need is this and about 30 seconds.

https://www.amazon.com/30-Foot-Exten...nsion%20Ladder

It seems like they tried everything except something that might have actually worked. Only one person managed to get a hook attached, LMAO. They should have called Batman for help. Do nativists actually believe this crap?
I'd really like to see YOU try it with that ladder! I'm betting it would be a big fail!

Old 01-20-2018, 08:27 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Just checked their FB page.

No one there bragging about not being able to get over a wall.
They won’t brag about that on social media. It’s private bragging rights with in the team or group.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:29 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
I'd really like to see YOU try it with that ladder! I'm betting it would be a big fail!
I want to see what they are going to do while standing atop a 30 foot wall that is one foot wide.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:31 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
They won’t brag about that on social media. It’s private bragging rights with in the team or group.
Hard to imagine Spec Ops would be bragging to each other about not being able to accomplish a straightforward task that a Vietnamese SWAT team accomplished with little fuss and bother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNs7HcBW6o

Old 01-20-2018, 08:34 AM

4,253 posts, read 3,173,683 times
Look, there are ways to get to the top of the wall and there are ways to get down (I climb mountains). However the average person from Mexico who intends to sneak into our country is unlikely to make it. They are not "YouTubers" climbing towers. They are poor people/families with small children, etc. The wall will not stop everyone but would make a huge impact. That in itself makes it worthwhile. It was fun to go back through the thread a read comments from all the "armchair" quarterbacks that probably can't even get off their own couch!

Old 01-20-2018, 08:36 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Rare view of tunnels under border wall - CNN Video

Homeland security officials say in the last 10 years, nearly 30 of these tunnels have been discovered just in San Diego.
ONLY in San Diego. Nowhere else. Not under the Rio Grande.
Tunnels need concealment on both sides of the border. That means city to city. They are expensive and they are often detected as they are being built........
Quote:
Authorities believe it was just preparing to open, and the night of the bust would have been the first time it was used for significant drug trafficking. "We see a super tunnel open for business once every year or so," U.S. Attorney Laura Duffy said in a statement. "Just when traffickers think they’re ready to move, we put them out of business. We continue to make good on our promise to relentlessly pursue and shut down any tunnel as soon as it opens."
Drug Tunnels Along the U.S.-Mexico Border: High Costs, High Rewards

Old 01-20-2018, 08:37 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The answer is simple and you should know it. Nothing is fool proof, but having to lug a huge ladder or dig tunnels deters all but the most determined. So large numbers will not come in as a result, which is especially true of young children and pregnant women looking to drop anchor babies.

Your false equivalency implies that if we have a ship at sea and there is a giant hole where most of the water is coming in, we shouldn't fix the hole because of other places we have leaks. Obviously if you do not take care of the biggest problem first, the ship will sink. However once the major means of water intrusion is mostly fixed, then you move on to fixing the smaller problems.

So I cannot tell if liberals are being intentionally obtuse, or just lack logical thinking.
The Southern Border is NOT the biggest leak, there were 170,000 illegal southern border crossings last year, but over 700,000 visa overstays and and an unknown number of entries though our 328 ports of entry (the Government refuses to issue data illegal entry via ports of entry)

Old 01-20-2018, 08:39 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,208 times
Attach solar panels to electrify it ladder would fry

Old 01-20-2018, 08:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
How dumb is this? LOL

I doubt our 'commandos' have access to a truly unlimited budget like the cartels and human smuggling rings do. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies