Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 05:13 PM

3,752 posts, read 1,719,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ever heard of tunnel sensors? The 76 miles of good double wall haven't been tunneled under nor has anyone tried to use a tall ladder. I've provided links proving it.

WTH do visa over stayers have to do with border jumpers and how we have to deal with both problems in a different way? Why would you ignore one of those problems? By your own stats you are admitting that at least 50% of illegals coming here are border jumpers.
Can't rep you again, but you are correct.

What amazes me is when fellow Americans defend illegals coming here and don't support border protection. This isn't a left or right issue, we need to unite and protect our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 05:13 PM

7,809 posts, read 4,519,490 times
Quote:
Perhaps a few but that would come to a screeching halt once detected. I wonder why those Commandos couldn't do it?
Because they were following the script.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:16 PM

77,721 posts, read 59,880,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Considering how short people south of the border are, it would be even harder for them. I just wish there were videos posted of these tests. I will email the White House to suggest it. If you agree, do it, too. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

US Commandos Unable To Scale Border Wall | The Daily Caller
Um, so how does that wall do against people overstaying visas, driving across in the back of a truck, a boat?

LMAO....a literal wall is a complete joke.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:17 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,235,848 times
Quote:
You guys are grasping at straws, aren't you? How long before and if that happened do you think it would be stopped by the Border Patrol or some other method of detection?
Hahahaha catapults. I think these catapults were mainly used to throw drug pacakages over and not meant to launch women and children, Lmao. Yeah one small miscalculation and someone is going face first against a concrete wall. And besides, how are they gonna land on the other side? There's for sure gonna be broken bones.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:20 PM

62,380 posts, read 28,666,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I agree, the drug dealers have submarines, how will the wall stop that, the drug dealers are the ones we should be focusing on stopping. Plus there is a huge influx of illegal CHinese, they also come by sea & air. But all the Trumpers can blather on about is a wall with Mexico. The Chinese take away many construction jobs in California & the workers are treated horribly. But they are not Mexican, so I guess that is OK.

Oh my God, you people are so ridiculous! You don't think we guard our waters already? Why would you even make the remark that a wall won't stop submarines? For the umpteenth time, the wall is for border jumpers only and there are still thousands crossing our border that way every year. Then you guys throw up the visa over stayers. Of course we'd have to figure out a different solution for that problem and it wouldn't be a wall. I'm getting a headache reading these ridiculous attempts to act like the wall will do absolutely nothing and pretending that we don't have any border jumpers anymore. I've even posted links proving that the good walls do work!

Old 01-19-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Hahahaha catapults. I think these catapults were mainly used to throw drug pacakages over and not meant to launch women and children, Lmao. Yeah one small miscalculation and someone is going face first against a concrete wall. And besides, how are they gonna land on the other side? There's for sure gonna be broken bones.

Finally, someone who gets it.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:22 PM

18,624 posts, read 7,459,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
is anyone here willing to own up to not being able to get over that with 2x4s, hammer & nails, and a length of rope?
How do you hook the rope to the top?

Old 01-19-2018, 05:23 PM

7,809 posts, read 4,519,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

$145 at Walmart.com Only 6 left!

Old 01-19-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, so how does that wall do against people overstaying visas, driving across in the back of a truck, a boat?

LMAO....a literal wall is a complete joke.
Who said the wall would stop visa over stayers? What does that have to do with it stopping the border jumpers? You don't think we have ways to check trucks, boats ,etc. or that we couldn't implement a way to track visa overs stayers?

Old 01-19-2018, 05:30 PM

42,732 posts, read 25,902,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Mandatory e-verify. Fine all businesses that are caught hiring illegals. Cheaper than a wall and would probably actually make money from the fines.
I've been saying that for a long time on these forums but it seems to fall on deaf ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies