Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 08:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Interesting but not really equivalent.

The harm to the Dreamer is real and immediate. At the least we deny them the right to work and at the worst deport them.

When we get to the harm done to the citizen it becomes vague...The potential job probability drops 0.3% or your salary is reduced by 0.2%. Or such (not suggesting these are real numbers other than they are almost certainly small). In fact the Dreamers are contemporaries of the the US citizens and share all but legal status.
And even these small percentages are buried in much large statistical factors. Where are you? How old are you? Have you ever been arrested? What is your education level? How well do you interview? What skill set do you have?

So basically you damage the Dreamers for damage to citizens that is small and may not even be detectable in the real world.
The Dreamers. OMG, this is why I hate the loons on the left. They're criminals, okay? I don't care what their dream is. I'm only concerned about the American Dreamers - those who have lost their jobs to foreigners and seen their dream slip right out from under them.

Anyone who thinks Mexicans are here because nobody wants to do construction should say that to some guy who has been out of work for years as a construction worker.

I care about Americans. Period. Muslim Americans, Jewish Americans, Christian Americans, Italians, Poles, Germans, Russians, blacks, Hispanics, Asians - whatever they are and whatever their origin is - if they're citizens, I care about them.

That you don't care about them informs me of all I need to know about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 08:22 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
FAIL. Nothing I said was racist (heck I didn't even mention a particular race.. simply DACA status). I also didn't imply citizens as a whole. I said we have some citizens that don't contribute to society, incapable of supporting themselves, lazy, and criminal. I would say that DACA recipients are more worthy as they are able to contribute, support themselves, employable, and not criminal.

Citizenship status aside, you would be hard pressed to convince someone that a lazy, uneducated, and criminal is more worthy or high value that someone who is educated, law biding, and hard working. Citizenship status doesn't change that.

If these citizens that don't contribute to society are worthy.. then you can't complain they receive welfare.

Also, DACA/Dreamers aren't your low wage illegal immigrants. Due to their education and status (albeit temporary) they compete for salaries just like any other citizen.

Why are you comparing the DACAs to the losers in our country to make a case for them? The majority of our citizens aren't losers so what's your point? Where did I defend any losers in our country? We can't deport our own losers but we certainly can and should deport illegal aliens no matter what flowery picture you want to paint of them. We don't need them contributing to our country by taking jobs that should go to Americans. The taxpayer has to cover their schooling also.

Most Americans are just as hard working, educated and law abiding so again what's your point? I've never advocated for losers who are just lazy to get welfare only the truly needy should be getting it. How do you know what I complain about are you a mind reader now?

Now read the links below and tell me again how many of these DACAs are the things you paint them to be. It's irrelevant anyway. They are here illegally, bottom line and need to go home and apply to come back legally as legal immigrants do. Obama gave employers monetary incentives to hire these DACAs so just who do you think they are going to pick?

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/...-daca-program/

https://immigrationreform.com/2017/1...#comment-88430

Old 01-20-2018, 08:22 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The Dreamers. OMG, this is why I hate the loons on the left. They're criminals, okay? I don't care what their dream is. I'm only concerned about the American Dreamers - those who have lost their jobs to foreigners and seen their dream slip right out from under them.

Anyone who thinks Mexicans are here because nobody wants to do construction should say that to some guy who has been out of work for years as a construction worker.

I care about Americans. Period. Muslim Americans, Jewish Americans, Christian Americans, Italians, Poles, Germans, Russians, blacks, Hispanics, Asians - whatever they are and whatever their origin is - if they're citizens, I care about them.

Your post actually makes me sad. I spent a bit of time composing it as you seemed interested in a real discussion.

Unfortunately your post shows you are in fact stuffed with the Right Wing BS.

Virtually all the Residential Construction labor where I live is Hispanic. Virtually all are American Citizens.

So apparently you care greatly about Americans as long as they are not Hispanic. And are you also out to lower the color shade in the NBA?

Old 01-20-2018, 08:27 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If you are referring to the DACAs the fact that 800,000 of them would take jobs in this country would mean that's 800,000 Americans who wouldn't get them.
For every legal immigrant that comes into this country, there is potentially they would take that job from an American. Are we not a society for free market?

Most illegals are here to channel money back to their native country were a cost of living is lower and they are willing to work for cheap.. thus depressing wages. That I agree.

The difference is that DACA are educated here, their family is here, they have little connection to their native country. They are really no different from a 1st generation American born child of legal immigrants. 17% are US college educated.... they wouldn't be the ones accepting low wage labor jobs.

I agree we should do something about the illegal immigrants but I also believe that DACA needs special consideration.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:28 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

They are not criminals. They are contributing members of society. You really need to do your research.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:29 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Democrats are absolutely complicit in exploiting our system by protecting illegal workers to help the corrupt businesses that profit from it.
Do you think all the workers at Mar-A-Lago are citizens? Think again.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:30 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,233 times
I find it funny that the GOP and their leader are screaming for merit based immigration yet they would have have a fit if it were truly merit based because Africans are better educated and tend to have higher degrees.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:30 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The majority of our citizens aren't losers so what's your point?
Fail. I didn't say the majority of our citizens are losers.

What I said that there are losers here that are a burden to us that I'd rather see removed before a DACA recipient (educated, employable, loyal, hard working).

Citizenship status doesn't change that they are losers.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:32 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Your post actually makes me sad. I spent a bit of time composing it as you seemed interested in a real discussion.

Unfortunately your post shows you are in fact stuffed with the Right Wing BS.

Virtually all the Residential Construction labor where I live is Hispanic. Virtually all are American Citizens.

So apparently you care greatly about Americans as long as they are not Hispanic. And are you also out to lower the color shade in the NBA?

I'm a Democrat tired of the BS on both sides. I stopped drinking the Kool Aid a LONG time ago.

Yeah, there are a lot of American citizens who are Hispanic. Why does that surprise you? Especially since I stated that I care about them in my post.

As for the bold - you don't read too well, do you?

See, this is typical of both sides. You don't like my position, so you ignore what I've written and in a passive-aggressive manner accuse me of being racist.

You should be sad about how underhanded you are - you have no scruples. Be sad about that.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:35 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Do you think all the workers at Mar-A-Lago are citizens? Think again.

They don't care that Trump hires illegal workers it's okay if Trump does it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies