Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 03:04 PM

1,166 posts, read 876,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
umm.... no
What do you disagree about? I think it's totally acceptable to tell people they can't have children when they can't even support themselves. Their priorities are completely out of whack with reality if they're worried about having kids with no stable place to live, little to no money, and certainly NO CLUE about the undertaking it is to raise children. If they want to live like that, let them, but don't let them bring children into the world to perpetuate that cycle.

P.S. I understand that if most people waited until they are truly "ready" to have children, LOTS of children wouldn't never been born. But the solution is to change that, not keep having more kids. Improve YOUR life first, THEN worry about having kids!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 03:27 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Prison is where dead beat dad's go that don't pay child support. Adding a financial burden to lock then up feed them guard them etc.

Section 8 is where the dead beat mom's go who can't support hers.

Want to be fair?

Pass a law you can't have kids without meeting common sense guidelines.
If you can not
1. Afford to feed what you breed you don't have kids.
2. Do not have a roof over your head secured by your funds.
3. Can not provide a happy healthy environment. Meaning no violence. No binge drinking/drugging. No abuse.
4. Earn a legal living. If you're running guns, slinging dope, selling shine, stealing, are involved in ANY criminal enterprise detrimental to society.

Dems get "Muh abortions"
Reps get "Muh welfare burden"

Everyone is happy. Except for idiots and criminals.

Sound good?
Sounds like a dystopian nightmare created by George Orwell. So, the government is going to come knocking on the door of every pregnant woman to force her to prove she meets all your criteria, otherwise she will be dragged off to some state hospital where she will be imprisoned until her child is aborted, like it or not?

That would cost an efffing fortune and could only take place under a completely totalitarian government. Maybe you should go out and kick around some completely innocent puppies and kittens or pull the wings off flies until you feel better.

Meanwhile, I adore CD's handy ignore feature. Bye-bye now until hell freezes over.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:47 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
What do you disagree about? I think it's totally acceptable to tell people they can't have children when they can't even support themselves. Their priorities are completely out of whack with reality if they're worried about having kids with no stable place to live, little to no money, and certainly NO CLUE about the undertaking it is to raise children. If they want to live like that, let them, but don't let them bring children into the world to perpetuate that cycle.

P.S. I understand that if most people waited until they are truly "ready" to have children, LOTS of children wouldn't never been born. But the solution is to change that, not keep having more kids. Improve YOUR life first, THEN worry about having kids!!!
Exactly.
I'm not going to have kids just for the sake of having kids...
I'm going to have kids when I'm ready to. When I can afford to put the best food on the table, best clothes on their back, and have the time to devote to them to do fun stuff with them.
I'm not following the current model of oh... buy a video game and let that a tablet or computer raise the kid. F that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Sounds like a dystopian nightmare created by George Orwell. So, the government is going to come knocking on the door of every pregnant woman to force her to prove she meets all your criteria, otherwise she will be dragged off to some state hospital where she will be imprisoned until her child is aborted, like it or not?

That would cost an efffing fortune and could only take place under a completely totalitarian government. Maybe you should go out and kick around some completely innocent puppies and kittens or pull the wings off flies until you feel better.

Meanwhile, I adore CD's handy ignore feature. Bye-bye now until hell freezes over.
I love how folks assume without asking for specifics not that you would and not that you did put me on ignore... had you put me on ignore I wouldn't have seen this post.

So if you want to know specifics instead of assume do ask how I'd put a program/law together like that. It wouldn't cost fortunes and it wouldn't solely apply to women...
But you'll assume it did. That's on you.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:54 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How about finding the father and making him pay child support?

And the woman can't do that because....?

Old 01-20-2018, 03:59 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Exactly.
I'm not going to have kids just for the sake of having kids...
I'm going to have kids when I'm ready to. When I can afford to put the best food on the table, best clothes on their back, and have the time to devote to them to do fun stuff with them.
I'm not following the current model of oh... buy a video game and let that a tablet or computer raise the kid. F that.

I love how folks assume without asking for specifics not that you would and not that you did put me on ignore... had you put me on ignore I wouldn't have seen this post.

So if you want to know specifics instead of assume do ask how I'd put a program/law together like that. It wouldn't cost fortunes and it wouldn't solely apply to women...
But you'll assume it did. That's on you.
Give the system a minute to kick in. You ARE now ignored by me, pal.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:02 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Because that proves a whole lot...

they said something I disagreed with I'm going to ignore them rather than engage them to understand where they're coming from.

Proof of how this country used to be land of the free and home of the brave and has turned into land of the lemmings, home of the offended.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Great solution to handle people you disagree with. Just put your fingers in your ears and go "la la la" and pretend like they don't exist! What's an open discussion??? You either agree with me or I ignore you!

There's no love for the govt coming from me BTW, as I absolutely DESPISE authority, but I'm definitely not supporting people who made mistakes, take NO responsibility for them or their actions, and expect me (the taxpayer) to foot the bill. I don't think so, you were the one stupid enough to have a kid you couldn't pay for, so either figure out a way to support them or you lose them! You're don't deserve a free ride on my dime, nor should money come out of my pocket because YOU choose to have kids! Maybe, just maybe, these people would think twice about going through with a pregnancy??? Plan B pills and abortions would be much more appealing!

Old 01-20-2018, 04:31 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Make the men responsible because obviously these women cannot control their own reproductive functions. DNA tech is advancing exponentially. They can easily track down the biological father and hit him with the bill or put him in jail.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:34 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
I think at the very least welfare payments should be capped to two children, so if a woman has more than two or worse has more children after getting on welfare, she'll receive the same welfare as someone who only has 2 children. When you are working, you don't get a raise every time you have a child.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Make the men responsible because obviously these women cannot control their own reproductive functions. DNA tech is advancing exponentially. They can easily track down the biological father and hit him with the bill or put him in jail.
BOTH should share in the responsibility, as the old saying goes "It takes two to tango"! I'm not in support of placing the blame solely on women or men, they both are to blame!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies