Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 10:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It’s a FACT that he can’t sign anything placed on his desk. What part of that FACT do you find so difficult to understand?

He said he’d sign it if it made it to his desk to be signed. His desk sits without a bill on it to be signed.

Did he say anywhere that he wouldn’t give any type of input?

Why do you have to be so dishonest about this?
Isn't that the same deal he turned around and said it needed more work?

Exactly WHAT deal are you referring to?

Old 01-20-2018, 11:00 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Bingo!
And why would the President hold hostage an issue that 90% of Americans want? It should have been addressed irrespective of wall funding discussions.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:00 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
What are the exact words that he said on the matter?
I don’t have the quote in front of me, but why not ask the OP who made the claim he said it? If I started the thread based on the claim that he said he’d sign the bill, I’d have the quote readily to go. So, I’ll defer to the OP.

If you say the OP isn’t being honest and what Trump said is something else, post the quote.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
The corporations' backs? That's the Democrats who want to keep funneling lower-paid illegal alien workers to them.
NONSENSE! WHAT are the Republicans doing about cracking down on those who hire those illegal workers besides talking about a mythical wall that won't work as long as there's jobs to be had?

Old 01-20-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Isn't that the same deal he turned around and said it needed more work?

Exactly WHAT deal are you referring to?
Was a bill placed on his desk to be signed?

Old 01-20-2018, 11:04 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
On DACA, his stance is more out of alignment than the normal 65-35 split.
Read and learn:

Quote:
"Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll.

When respondents were asked whether they "favor or oppose Democrats voting to shut the government down” if the funding measure does not restore work permits for those protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, 58 percent said they oppose a shutdown.

Views on the issue fall generally along ideological lines, with 68 percent of Democrats in favor of a shutdown aimed at extending the DACA program, while 83 percent of Republicans and 65 percent of independents would oppose a shutdown driven by an immigration fight, according to the poll."
Poll: Majority oppose shutting down government over DACA | TheHill

The Dems committed political suicide.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Both result in ILLEGAL residencies in the US.

Is there some reason you're confused as to the meaning of ILLEGAL?

Wrong equivalency.
The illegally-gotten gains are taken away from the baby/child. The same should happen to DACAs. Deport them, and let them apply to immigrate LEGALLY just like every other LEGAL immigrant, if they wish.
No, you just completely missed the point.

I don't believe a child should be charged with the crimes of its parents, it's that simple.

If someone's driving under the influence with a child in a car-seat I guess you'd have the child charged with DUI as well?

Old 01-20-2018, 11:06 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Donald Trump asked Congress to come up with a bipartisan agreement that both sides would support, and told them if they did so, he would sign it. So the Democrats and the Republicans got together and, in good faith, put together exactly what the president asked for. It was supported by both sides, and it would have easily passed with well in excess of 60 votes.

But when they brought the president exactly what he asked for, he reneged on the deal.

How can anyone trust someone who goes back on their word as often as he does?

Old 01-20-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, you just completely missed the point.

I don't believe a child should be charged with the crimes of its parents, it's that simple.

If someone's driving under the influence with a child in a car-seat I guess you'd have the child charged with DUI as well?
Who is saying they should be charged with a crime?

I’m saying they should be deported.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:07 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Read and learn:

Poll: Majority oppose shutting down government over DACA | TheHill

The Dems committed political suicide.
Your poll has literally nothing to do with what I wrote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies