Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 12:28 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times

Advertisements

European immigration wouldn't be a problem if they were bringing in high IQ immigrants from East Asia. For some reason they insist on Muslim and African immigrants who balance cause far more problems.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:31 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Russia has an average IQ of 90 and Trump is allowing many of them to make anchor babies in his FL condos.
Russia's average IQ is about 97 and who knows what the average Russian immigrant IQ is let alone median IQ of Russian graduates of US colleges. I'd bet it is around 112.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:52 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
No they are not. Not in the least.

And if the University Education is in tact and up to par, then a person with a 93 IQ would not be able to attain a degree as the work would be too difficult. If 93 IQ people are getting degrees, it means that the system has been dumbed down to cater to their intelligence level. That hurts civilization.
You are incorrect. Simple as that.

IQ as defined by the Stanford/Binet--is a relative, not an absolute measure of intelligence.

Think...margin of error. From 90 to 110 IQ--is not as significant as you wish to make it. Many might test at 93...but actually are 5 points higher...or lower, for that matter.

I have been in a position where I had access to my students IQ scores--and then saw their performance in the classroom. Some acted as you might expect..they were marginal..and many failed to complete. There were, however, others who sailed right though..clearly demonstrating their grasp of the subject matter.
Not mention the students with high IQ..who also failed..or failed to complete.

Hurts civilization?? Dumbed down system? Well, if it's a online university--I'd be skeptical too.
But if the degree is from the Sorbonne...or Oxford...or any one of about 50 European schools..then I'll call it valid.

You seem to have a bit of an agenda here--is this just another banal attack on refugees? To me..taking in a limited and vetted amount of refugee's is in the best traditions of our country--I support it.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:55 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,013,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It would be interesting to post this in the Europe forum.

I believe it would be revealed that this website is just a right-wing extremist European version of Breitbart/Infowars.
I agree but I don`t think their source is some random idiot:

Intelligence and education

A 2007 study by Rindermann found a high correlation between the results of international student assessment studies including TIMSS, PIRLS, and PISA, and national average IQ scores. The results were broadly similar to those in Richard Lynn and Tatu Vanhanen's book IQ and the Wealth of Nations. According to Earl B. Hunt, due to there being far more data available, Rindermann's analysis was more reliable than those by Lynn and Vanhanen. By measuring the relationship between educational data and social well-being over time, this study also performed a causal analysis, finding that nations investing in education leads to increased well-being later on.
Some of Rindermann's work has concentrated on the "smart fraction" theory, which states that the prosperity and performance of a society that is above a particular threshold of intelligence, with the threshold point being well above the general median intelligence level in most societies.
Rindermann's research has been cited by people studying the relation between intelligence, education, and economic growth, such as Garett Jones.

Biography
Heiner Rindermann (born 1966) is a German psychologist and educational researcher.
Academic career

Rindermann received a Ph.D. in psychology in 1995 on the subject of teacher evaluations from Heidelberg University and completed a Habilitation in 2005 on the topic of teacher quality at University of Koblenz and Landau. In September 2007 he was appointed professor for evaluation and methodology of developmental psychology at the University of Graz. Since April 2010, Rindermann holds the Chair of Educational and Developmental Psychology at the Technical University of Chemnitz.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
European immigration wouldn't be a problem if they were bringing in high IQ immigrants from East Asia. For some reason they insist on Muslim and African immigrants who balance cause far more problems.
Huh. Here in Idaho..most of the refugees are from Nepal and Myanmar--some Eritreans.
Almost all of them are employed.

Now I woldn't mind losing the illegal aliens here...they work the dairies though...do work no one else will do...for the money they get.

But...while we are a Republican State--many of the office holders in our state are farmers and ranchers..they like the system the way it is.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:59 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
LoL@rapy. Not exactly the way to start a post about someone else's intellectual deficiencies.
So..where are these 'hundreds of thousands'? Low skill? How do you know?
Misogynistic? You mean, like the alt/right posters here that are always downing women?

Low IQ? This matters? Why?
You can't be serious.

Old 01-21-2018, 02:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
#inbreeding

Old 01-21-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You can't be serious.
Well, as the part of my post that you failed to quote says, Yes..and for the reasons I stated in said post.

I've always thought that the practice of 'snipping' a post and then responding to the snippet as intellectually dishonest..what do you think?

Old 01-21-2018, 04:31 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Even refugees with a university degree have an IQ of only 93 .

That is why they fit in so well with the liberals/ birds of a feather.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:31 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Well, as the part of my post that you failed to quote says, Yes..and for the reasons I stated in said post.

I've always thought that the practice of 'snipping' a post and then responding to the snippet as intellectually dishonest..what do you think?

Intellectual dishonesty is the bedrock of liberal expression.
A foundation of misinformation and out right lies.
The desire to frustrate to the point of capitulation and win without merit.
Cherry picking a post is game for everyone and in no short supply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies